Went to Jotech today

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Went to Jotech today

I went to Kenny Tran's Jotech Motorsports today and saw his candy blue tC. That is one nice car, I recommend anyone who can go see it, to go, it will be worth your time! You can also visit www.jotechracing.com and go to project cars and check out some pics....they are hot!
Old 11-24-2004, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

should have taken some pics... Ive been planing on heading down there sometime since it is only an hr and half away. Maybe next month
Old 11-24-2004, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I did take a few, but I dunno how to put them here, pm me and I'll email them to you if you want
Old 11-24-2004, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I will post the pics on the net instead....but not 'till tomorrow...so check back here 2morrow, and they'll be here. fo sho. laterz
Old 11-24-2004, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Went to Jotech today

Originally Posted by eov32885
I went to Kenny Tran's Jotech Motorsports today and saw his candy blue tC. That is one nice car, I recommend anyone who can go see it, to go, it will be worth your time! You can also visit www.jotechracing.com and go to project cars and check out some pics....they are hot!
im a little retarded... where is jotech exactly?
Old 11-24-2004, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any word on if and when a turbo will be made available? The cars on his site look awesome!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I called and talked to kenny yesterday. They don't have any plans to mass produce the kit right now. He said that the greddy kit will be nice, and that he thinks that with that kit and upping the boost, the stock block could hold on up to 300whp. Kenny is really nice, if you have any questions, he is definately a good person to talk to.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Dallas, TEXAS..........It's off of 635 and Shilo (spelling?) road. From Shilo you'll find Kingsley rd, it's right on that corner, look for a texaco. Visit www.Jotechracing.com they have more and better directions.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Click the link for pics......if it don't work pm me

http://email.terra.com//cgi-bin/vlin...0%26y%3Diwemyu

He said the turbo won't be out for a while. Some header are supposed to come out soon though, and a greddy is supposed to make a bad exhaust system soon as well. The only advice he gave me......wait a while 'till the parts come out, it'll be worth it.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you offer him some $ to let you sit shotgun while he drives it? that would be so phat.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just got back from visiting the shop myself. Things have changed since Kenny and his team have come to glory. I remember when his shop was no bigger then the store front itself w/ the one bay.

You can't miss the tC when you pull into the parking lot. It was sitting right behind Kenny's Supra. Both a site to be seen, especially together.

The Nitto tC is very, very, very nice in person. Althought chilly 2day, I could bare the wind chill. The overall theme of the car is intense, you don't realize how big the 20's are until you walk up next to it. The tires are sooo skinny it looks as though the wheels are sitting on the pavement. The wheel and tire comb they used didn't rub in the rear either...very impressed!

For those of you inquiring about the headlights...one word...*droooling*...sic! The headlights have been fitted with a halo conversion, very subtle until you start looking at all the little details. Led strips replace the convention leds.

The engine bay was the real looker! Man the engine mods alone would have paided for another tC. I was talking to the sales rep @ Jotech about the $$$ that went into the build-up...the numbers are outta the ball park. Unless your rollin in some phat spread...good luck duplicating the hp this engines putting out. He told me that most of the parts that went into building the turbo were donated by HKS(who woulda guessed??) and oviously alot of custom fabrication went into play here. I'm not by any means a speed freak...but this was enough to take the cake!

He'd mention that the Garrett turbo alone was around $1200+, and the HKS waste gate was another $1000... And thats just for starters, for those of you that have paid close attention to this car, they also yanked the stock computer and install another high $$$ engine management unit.

BTW: for those of you that think this motor isn't the one that came out of the tC. Your totally wrong. This is the factory block on 'roids'. I could believe the amount of engine room after the yanked out all the unnecessary parts. The engine looks so much smaller, but then you stare in awh at the turbo manifold. The engine was a true work of art. They gutted out the bumper inerds too make room for the intercooler (very nice I might add).

The factory lip kit didn't look half bad with the new color change...I think I might have to re-think my options.

I was lucky enough sit in it too. I felt awesome. Surrounded by a fully built roll cage, incased in a Sparco racing seat...felt like a dream. The sale rep also explained why they didn't go into much detail w/ the audio system. Pioneer was front'n them the goodies...but apparently they ran out of goodies...LOL. So they plan on finishing up the ICE in the near future.

For those of you that live remotely in the vicinity, go and chek this car out! You won't believe the time put into this car with the time they had to get it ready. Truely an inspiration to the next level! :D

Kenny and the guys @ JoTech did an amazing job. Can't wait to see the numbers they push when the go back to tuning the engine. ...I believe I heard somewhere in the ballpark of 500-600hp? Anyone care to call their bluff...or do you guys just wanna wait and see??

Look for it in an upcoming Tuner mag. Don't know which one, they said they still had to chose from a good selection. So we'll see!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Damn I should of sat in it also! oh well, i'll got back
Old 11-24-2004, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah I was pretty surprised myself...but it I knew I had to ask? :D

You didn't happen to inquire about those Linea Sports did you? I was inquiry on the availablity on Tein coil springs. So the sales rep ask me to write my name and cell down , and I notice someone else had come in b4 me ask'in about parts on the tC.

Neway...I'm going back Fri. or Sat. to snap some photos of the tC. Caught me off guard when I pulled in. I didn't realize it was actually going to be sitting in the parking lot.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great write up BigKid
Old 11-25-2004, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are there plans to put those headlights into production?
Old 11-25-2004, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by JSVH
Are there plans to put those headlights into production?
They are already available! But its gonna cost ya! Cost ya big...like $1,300+.

I was shocked myself, because I really wanted the conversion after I saw it, but after seeing the price tag on the pair...I had to pic myself off the floor.

And then the conversion for the turn signal lamps are $640 for the pair.

I'll probably end up getting the conversion for the headlights after the new year. Call me crazy, but I'm willing to set myself apart from your average tC owner. Especially in the looks dept. Not really big on the speed aspect just yet...but I'm sure the bug will bit eventually. Some times praticality gets shoved out the door...haha...my wife would probably kill me if she read this post!

Here are some treaser compliments of www.clearcorners.com. You can find more snap shots on there website. The guys have been around for awhile too.

heres a pic of the turn signal lamp.

Enjoy! I know I did! :D
Old 11-25-2004, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigKid
Yeah I was pretty surprised myself...but it I knew I had to ask? :D

You didn't happen to inquire about those Linea Sports did you? I was inquiry on the availablity on Tein coil springs. So the sales rep ask me to write my name and cell down , and I notice someone else had come in b4 me ask'in about parts on the tC.

Neway...I'm going back Fri. or Sat. to snap some photos of the tC. Caught me off guard when I pulled in. I didn't realize it was actually going to be sitting in the parking lot.
No i didn't......acutally when I went there on tuesday the tC was in the garage, only the supra and some other cars where outside. So when he asked me if I wanted to see his tC I was really surprised! But it was cool.....when you going back exactly? maybe I'll meet up there also.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you guys go while im off work, ill meet ya up there.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if anyone plans to go up there, let me know cuz i wanna check it out too.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member

I'll keep an eye out on this thread might have to go up there if it happens to fall at a good time for me. droooll

Quick Reply: Went to Jotech today