2005-2010 [ANT10]

What do you dislike about your tC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I still laugh at most of the complaints. In the same post above, viper wants more power, yet complains about gas mileage The power it has already plus the shorter gearing (on the manuals) is what makes it fun to drive... and what costs in the way of gas mileage.

And welcome to new cars... everyone wants every gadget known to man and all the kiddies cry if the car doesnt get a million star crash rating.. then they get upset when it weighs more. That is why all new cars weigh more each year.

On the auto.... well.. .dont buy an auto.

On the 6 speed... some are already complaining about the gearing on the new tC with the 6 speed No one is ever happy. The 5 spd works well and is geared short enough so that you always have useable power (you can pass in 5th). If it wasnt like that , you would get better mileage and then people would complain because it wasnt quick enough.

And everyone screams about no rear wiper... then you find cars that come with them and people go out of their way to delete the rear wiper. I can honestly say I have never needed a rear wiper on my tC and would think it was ugly if it had one.

And just how much more power do you "think" the 2.4 liter engine should make? It made more than its class when it came out and still is way up there for the N/A engines its size. Toyota tried to meet all these unrealistic demands on the tC2 ... and guess what? It has just enough extra power to haul the added weight around at the same performance of the first gen... since everyone wanted cheap, more power, more stuff, etc. This market is really an impossible one to please for the most part.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^I agree with pretty much everything you said. The gas mileage one kills me because i got 33 mpg last week and my car has 57k on it and I don't drive like a grandma either. The weight is another one, what do you expect? they tried to make it a safe car and it appears it is. Safety features add weight.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My overall average for the 6 years I have had it stays around 24-25mpg. That comes out to right what the sticker says when you consider my mix of driving. I shift at 3000-4000 rpm on the street and dont baby it.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think i have averaged right at 29-30 for the 3 years i have it. I do mostly rural and city driving and shift between 3-4k. On the highway i do 75.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by engifineer
I still laugh at most of the complaints. In the same post above, viper wants more power, yet complains about gas mileage The power it has already plus the shorter gearing (on the manuals) is what makes it fun to drive... and what costs in the way of gas mileage.

And welcome to new cars... everyone wants every gadget known to man and all the kiddies cry if the car doesnt get a million star crash rating.. then they get upset when it weighs more. That is why all new cars weigh more each year.

On the auto.... well.. .dont buy an auto.

On the 6 speed... some are already complaining about the gearing on the new tC with the 6 speed No one is ever happy. The 5 spd works well and is geared short enough so that you always have useable power (you can pass in 5th). If it wasnt like that , you would get better mileage and then people would complain because it wasnt quick enough.

And everyone screams about no rear wiper... then you find cars that come with them and people go out of their way to delete the rear wiper. I can honestly say I have never needed a rear wiper on my tC and would think it was ugly if it had one.

And just how much more power do you "think" the 2.4 liter engine should make? It made more than its class when it came out and still is way up there for the N/A engines its size. Toyota tried to meet all these unrealistic demands on the tC2 ... and guess what? It has just enough extra power to haul the added weight around at the same performance of the first gen... since everyone wanted cheap, more power, more stuff, etc. This market is really an impossible one to please for the most part.
lols i mean i simply answered the OPs question... excuse me for being critical. i knew enough about the tC before i bought it, and i got just what i expected. at the end of the day the good still outweighs the bad. and it really was just a list of minor things i could think of... as we're not engineering a new tC here.

but good points, my good man, good points indeed.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:43 AM

I wish it was a little faster but I still love it everyday!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:54 AM

i hate my tc cause it fat, ugly and it eats a lot of gas. its just plain fat. and it look like a chicks car.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by automatic08TC
i hate my tc cause it fat, ugly and it eats a lot of gas. its just plain fat. and it look like a chicks car.
And what does that make you for buying it ?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

OMG my tc only get's 220-250 miles to the tank i don't know why!
Can someone please tell me why ? No, i don't think running 900cc injectors dicreases anything !

but seriously one thing i really do not like is FWD.... other then that its a good car when its running (at least for me)

And my question is why do people buy this car if they end up not liking sooo much ? I mean this is not a new model and there is ALOT of info available shouldn't they do some research before buying a car ?

I'll be honest, i did NOT do any research before i leased my DD ( 2010 Jetta Limited), but in my case i really don't care because for the duration of my time with it its under a warranty and even scheduled service is already included. So i don't have to touch anything in there....
Old 12-05-2010, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get 28 29 mpg usually. I can't seem to break 30 much. Delaware has 10% ethanol in it and I dunno if its in my head...but theirs a noticable difference when running straight gasoline. Anyone else notice it?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
And my question is why do people buy this car if they end up not liking sooo much ? I mean this is not a new model and there is ALOT of info available shouldn't they do some research before buying a car ?
I have a basic answer..I bought mine kind of on a whim back in 06..originally didn't care for the car but gave it a 2nd chance and liked it.

Now that I make more money and have more knowledge as a car enthusiast I kind of wish I went a different route. The tC is still a great car for what it is.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great bang for your buck car. 2006 and still enjoy driving it.

only negatives i can think of is

1. the clutch is very sensitive. not sure why that is in this car.

2. insurance is not cheap for this car.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. dislike the rattles.
2. dislike the squeaky clutch.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TTCCC
And what does that make you for buying it ?
it didn't buy it, my dad give it to me since he retired. he bought it brand new so i was like what the heck its new and i could use it for dd because my e30 and 240 are pretty slammed. but this think eat gas like crazy for a small car beside the auto and 4x4 stance make it good for dd though.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:08 PM

it should come with a trubo kit and dnt mind hooking it up like a civic,drop it, lip kit and call it a day u chilling den if u want to race do the eazy intake headers catback den u def chilling :D
Old 12-07-2010, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the 5 speed trans...wished it was 6
Old 12-07-2010, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I dislike the complete lack of grammar and intelligence in some of the people posting in here. Seriously doubleas... ??

And automatic.. .sounds like your parents need to stop buying your cars and ask you to grow up at 22 and buy your own Otherwise, dont hate on what they GAVE you.

I dont know why you get such poor mileage russ. I have to REALLY beat on mine to get under 300 a tank. If I hit a test n tune and take 40+ runs around an autox course in a day, that tank will be a bit short, but even in the winter, on winter mix fuel, I still get over 300. Again though, it depends on when you fill it up to measure. You really should go by your mpg calcs, not just fillup amount. Still sitting on a 24-25 mpg average overall since I bought it new. 29-30 on the highway trips. So no to those that say it "Eats gas like crazy"

Like I said, I knew what I was buying and am a bit older, so I dont expect a $50,000 car for $20,000 like a lot of this market does, so the main issue I have ever had was that it doesnt have a telescoping wheel. Would be a bit nicer to get everything adjusted right if it did.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive gotten well over 300 on every tank.

Originally Posted by doubleAs828
it should come with a trubo kit and dnt mind hooking it up like a civic,drop it, lip kit and call it a day u chilling den if u want to race do the eazy intake headers catback den u def chilling :D
WTF IS THIS??

im ashamed you live on the same island as me, kill yourself.

Last edited by SquallLHeart; 12-09-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dislike the third break light
Old 12-07-2010, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Mine isnt broken, so it is still a third brake light .

Quick Reply: What do you dislike about your tC?