2005-2010 [ANT10]

What do you dislike about your tC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the silver plastic trim scratches so easily.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Stock shifter is loooong throw. Like an old Nissan pickup.

That's it. The OEM equip tires (Potenzas) are loud, but that has nothing to do with the tC itself.

Oh, and to the folks beefin' about the gearing, the final is a 4.24:1, which makes for 2700rpm in 5th @ 60mph. Decent for such a high final. And if you have to shift into second before you make it across an intersection, you're putting the hammer down a little too hard- or not hard enough. (redline in 1st @ 31mph)
Old 05-10-2005, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've only had my tC for 2 weeks now and i cant find alot of things wrong with it. But there are things that do annoy me like the lack of a botton or latch for the trunk. The lil cubby light really does not bother...YET. The inside door panel thingi sux too because well, i cant even fit my hand in there...let alone put anything in it. Also my rearview mirror it too stiff, i cant get a good position and have to move in my seat to adjust to it. But to me all these things are minor and can be used to in some time. Other then that the tC is a great car considering its value. I love my tC n thinks its got alot of power, but then again my previous car was a 1.5 liter 92 hp 1998 Mazda Protege.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i agree with the gas mileage and cheap paint. I also wish the tC had power seats haha I miss that feature from my mom's camry I can never really get my seat just right, its always a little too close or a little too far...
Old 05-10-2005, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My main dislike is the fact that they used buttons for the volume instead of a freaking ****. I hate having to hold that button down to turn the music down when Im blasting it and i want to turn it down really quick. I know we have the mute button, but still... I would be satisfied with the buttons if you could turn the volume down while the music is on mute... passenger seat memory would be sweet, and if the moonroof lifted also, that would be great. Other than that, the car is only lacking power.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:51 AM
dex
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i cant stand the electronic throttle lag, the soft engine/tranny mounts, or the lack of an LSD. but it is only an economy car after all and i can take care of most the issues with aftermarket goodies. i just really really hope someone figures out how to get some kind of throttle response outta it. anyone who is used to a throttle cable (like i was) has a really hard time driving this car because there is so much lag.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^ Lag for what? I dunno about you, but if I'm going 65, drop it into 3rd and punch it, there isn't ANY lag at all!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i dont have one yet but i dont like the "middle seat" in the back and how its a bump, i also dont like how on the A/T the 3 and the D are right next to each other and there isnt anything that stops it from moving and is sucks to rest your hand on it, (i know its not a hand rest but its so convienent and comfortable) but other than that its one of my favorite cars in that price range. (the reason why i know all of the annoying stuff is because my best friend has one and im riding shotgun in that car more than my own car, thats probly why im getting one this summer )
Old 05-10-2005, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually like the fact that the 3 and the "D" are next to eachother cause when your goin fast and have to stop quick slip the shifter into 3 and use the cars engine breaking ablility, there is less wear on the brakes and your car stops faster. Although I do not recamend doing this too often, but it a good way to have peace of mind when commin to stop lights that trun red real quick.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

as a performance this car is a scion so you can't expect much out of it. and in the past few years, toyota hasn't come out anything powerful so you ocan't expect a cheap marketing brand to have a powerful car.

this car is the car that you get what you pay for.

i think scion put in mind that everything can be upgraded in terms of unsatisfied areas.

engine? tune it, turbo it or s/c it
shifter? short shifter
throttle? tune it
looks? no need to say

gas mpg, can be better i guess if you put some hypergrounds, DRIVE BETTER and maybe a CAI
Old 05-10-2005, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope
And if you have to shift into second before you make it across an intersection, you're putting the hammer down a little too hard- or not hard enough. (redline in 1st @ 31mph)
Yeah...redline is @ 31. So I shift betweeen 3000 and 4000 which leaves me around 18-20 mph. Thats pretty normal for going throught a 4 lane intersection. The tC has the torque to handle a lower gear ratio..say a 4.10 or even 3.73 would be great. ( cant help the numbers...ive been a camaro guy for the last 10 years)
Old 05-10-2005, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i HATE when the car is wet after getting washed or from the rain and you open the hatch all the water goes inside the car and all over the rear seats!! MAJOR design flaw on scions behalf
Old 05-10-2005, 03:42 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yea seriously, bad design. my seats have stain marks too from the damm rain grr
Old 05-10-2005, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member

No light in the glove box!!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:04 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

thats' not a big deal.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

-the stupid buttons for the volume control
-and the shifter on autos...not sure if it's just mine (please let me know if you have this same problem, or you can shift smoothly) but it's hard to shift to Park...and if it not a tiptronic why bother with the zigzag pattern. And the cheap shift **** is just way too high and long...gonna replace it so...
-The trunk gets pretty annoying...I only had the car for 3 days...there should be a separate switch/lock.

Maybe Scion is reading all this and the 06 will be perfect...
Old 05-10-2005, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the fact that anything will scratch the paint, and the slightest thing will screw up the rim.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member

I am surprised that nobody has complained about the radio/CD cover.

Roy
Old 05-10-2005, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I havent really had any problems with the radio cover . Just when I open and close mine and FIRMLY (NOT SHOVE IT THROUGH THE DASH) push on the center of the cover and it opens and closes fine . As for the before mentioned problem with shifting hard for an auto . I have an auto (yes its an auto LOL) and I dont have any probs shifting . One thing I have noticed with automatics though , if you park on steep inclines it will put stress on the tranny which will cause it to shift hard out of park . I used to expeirence this in other vehicles . so I always applied the brake , shifted to neutral , applied the Parking brake , released the foot brake (this transfers most of the pressure to the rear tires and parking brake not your Parking gear) then put the shifter in park . Or am I the only one thats does that with his autos
Old 05-10-2005, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ReznorTC
My main dislike is the fact that they used buttons for the volume instead of a freaking ****.
I totally agree. Coming from my aftermarket Pioneer deck with the volume wheel in my Civic to these buttons is frustrating. If I'm listening to something at volume 45 it's very annoying to hit that volume down button 35 times when I park so that I don't get blasted when I start it up next time. I can't wait to get an aftermarket deck in there.

Quick Reply: What do you dislike about your tC?