Old 10-21-2006, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jetlounge
i hate the:

1- rattle from the hatch area
2- missing manual hatch release from the back ( i have to run to front door and hit unlock again)
3- look at the mounts for your sun visors...why am i staring at a silver screw head?? that should be capped.
4- my knee hurts...the way i drive in the automatic, my left knee kind of slops to the side to rest on the door. only it lines up perfectly with the chrome looking circle at the bottom of the door handle. rest your knee on that hard piece of plastic for a while and it is a major pain. completely non-functional stupid ring. but hey, it looks cool.
5 - missing extra light in the hatch area. the one on the left side isn't bright enough in the dark
6 - missing light in glovebox
7- the light they included, under the cubby is useless, annoying and can't be dimmed
8 - cheap butt cruise control 'stick'. i hate sticks. it should be on the steering wheel controls, like on my nissan.

i'm sure i will come up with more tomorrow
I totally agree with number 4. First week driving my tC, my knee got really hurt because of that circle thingy.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sddykstr
No, you can unlock the hatch with the unlock button in the 07, I have one and it works fine.
thats why i explained it in such detail, if you only hit the button once to unlock the drivers door then you get in and start it, you have to take the key back out to unlock the hatch.
it's just kinda weird that there is no way to unlock the hatch from the inside of the car. it just makes no sense that the only way to unlock the hatch is to take the key back out of the ignition and hit the button again. there needs to be an unlock button or something inside the car.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jetlounge
i hate the:

1- rattle from the hatch area
2- missing manual hatch release from the back ( i have to run to front door and hit unlock again)
3- look at the mounts for your sun visors...why am i staring at a silver screw head?? that should be capped.
4- my knee hurts...the way i drive in the automatic, my left knee kind of slops to the side to rest on the door. only it lines up perfectly with the chrome looking circle at the bottom of the door handle. rest your knee on that hard piece of plastic for a while and it is a major pain. completely non-functional stupid ring. but hey, it looks cool.
5 - missing extra light in the hatch area. the one on the left side isn't bright enough in the dark
6 - missing light in glovebox
7- the light they included, under the cubby is useless, annoying and can't be dimmed
8 - cheap butt cruise control 'stick'. i hate sticks. it should be on the steering wheel controls, like on my nissan.

i'm sure i will come up with more tomorrow
Someone on the forums was selling pads that you can attach to your car for your knees... I dont quite remember where but you can probably find it in a search

Edit: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ight=knee+pads

Thats what they were.. you could probably attach it to the door if you wanted to
Old 10-21-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rattles....& paint sucks
Old 10-21-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^
or i could just drive with knee pads
Old 10-21-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Saken
Someone on the forums was selling pads that you can attach to your car for your knees... I dont quite remember where but you can probably find it in a search

Edit: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ight=knee+pads

Thats what they were.. you could probably attach it to the door if you wanted to
first off those are ugly. secondly...wrong side. its the ring handle on the door for my left knee.
and third...ugly
Old 10-21-2006, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would agree on the paint
Old 10-21-2006, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tcguy85
No, you can unlock the hatch with the unlock button in the 07, I have one and it works fine.
thats why i explained it in such detail, if you only hit the button once to unlock the drivers door then you get in and start it, you have to take the key back out to unlock the hatch.
it's just kinda weird that there is no way to unlock the hatch from the inside of the car. it just makes no sense that the only way to unlock the hatch is to take the key back out of the ignition and hit the button again. there needs to be an unlock button or something inside the car.
Can you just hit the unlock button on the key while it is still in the ignition? I have no idea if that would work because I haven't tried it, but it works on my fiance's sister's RX330 to open the back.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I hate the fact that I got Burned by a Dodge Charger, thats the only thing i hate about it.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is a sad thread, c'mon the tC is a great car with no more faults than everything else out there. Be happy you have a sweet butt car and didn't pay much for it!
Old 10-21-2006, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

05' tC...

cheap plastic interior...
this whole car is held by those white clips...
crappy material on seats and pannels...
Amber everywhere...
rattle, rattle, rattle...
cheap paint...
needs more power...

other than that i love this car :D

and yes i know "its a 16k car"
Old 10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^
i'm with you on the white plastic clips. i buy they by the dozen.
amber is yucky too. i changed that to white.
and the power...def needs more power, but thats not something i hate about the car. hate is strong word.

cheap paint..honestly i don't have the issue you guys do with the paint. you need to all stop trailing behind dump trucks.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Avenger
I hate the fact that I got Burned by a Dodge Charger, thats the only thing i hate about it.

Dodge/Chryslers are slowly but surely being morphed into Mercedes Benzes. Nothing to be ashamed of. I'm actually beginning to think there might be a Chyrsler in my future someday, and I never would have believed that. Their styling though, once revolutionary, is now starting to look dated.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um, depending upon the model..between 190 and 425hp. of course he kicked your butt.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by MovieTeCh
The fugly amber backlighting on everything.

But that's getting changed ASAP.

-Aaron
I agree!!!! I can't stand it! There is no one out here in Lake Havasu that does work like that..its crap. Guess I will have to go to california for it..
Old 10-21-2006, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^
go to radio shack, buy a soldering iron and do it yourself. its not that hard.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
Originally Posted by Tcguy85
Can you just hit the unlock button on the key while it is still in the ignition? I have no idea if that would work because I haven't tried it, but it works on my fiance's sister's RX330 to open the back.
Can't u just hit the unlock button twice on the door panel? That way u don't have to take out ur key? I haven't tried it myself 'cuz I haven't noticed the hatch/key ignition dilemma. Or...if u have the other key and noone uses it, u could carry around both? Ok, maybe not since they're so big and bulky and that'd look weird.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol guys, if you want to unlock the hatch after you started your car, there's this magical SWITCH inside your car... it has a picture of a key on it. It's on the door, next to the window controls! Yea, no kidding! Just unlock the car from there. lol! you all are insane
Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

- Super heavy for a "sport compact." 3000lbs including the driver. The all-glass roof doesn't help either.

- High RPMs on highway. The average limit here is 70, but the average speed is usually 80-85. 3.5-4k RPMs for 30 minutes at a time every Monday doesn't make me sleep any easier. Or help my teenage wallet.

- Radio door is very unforgiving when installing aftermarket HUs with a ****(s). Went through two pairs of mounting brackets drilling into them, just for the holes to not be far back enough to permit the radio door to close.

- If filled enough, the change holder can spill change behind it, providing more rattles and requiring you to pull off the shifter panel, then the change panel to reach the change.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate:

1. safety label on sunvisor
2. sunvisor color (looks cheezy thru the windshield from the outside when they r down)
3. incomplete 3rd brake light bar
4. small trunk space
5. trunk rattles
6. cheap interior cloth material
7. dash illumination
8. E-brake trim. (dropped a few coins in between e-brake and center console trim)
9. antenna location
10. hood line to front grill aesthetics
11. engine power

Quick Reply: what do you hate most about your tC?