SL Member
Team ScioNRG

love: panoramic moonroof

hate: piece of crap tires!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i noticed that about the tires. You lose traction easy. I hit a bump in the road and the car like get's airborn or something..hard to explain but IT LOSES TRACTION! kinda worries me...OH WELL!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

not even that. i've had my valve stem on the rear right tire come loose and go flat...and the front right tire tear away from the wheel and deteoriate...and now the left front air looses air very rapidly. had 8 pounds in it the other day when i checked. actually 7.5
Old 02-23-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UH O! and the dealer doesnt warranty them do they? Those tires are expensive. I wouldn't buy the same brand. I would buy another brand. That is what i am going to do when it's time to change out tires. I dont drive much so i am not worried about it now. I average maybe 500 miles or below per month. I heard those perelli tires are good. Sorry i can't spell today HA!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i'm gonna get new ones in the spring with new rims...for now i have a roadside hazard warranty on em for $20 a piece. that covers their costs. oh well.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:51 AM
dex
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

other than all the obvious features...i love the fact that the controls to operate all the systems are easy to use and are in good locations. i dont have to take my eyes off the road to adjust the fan speed or intermittant wipers. most the cars ive been in before had odd layouts and could become a pain just to switch vents.

the thing i hate the most is the electronic throttle. i had to basically relearn how to use the clutch on this car cause of the lag in the throttle. the soft suspension and lack of an lsd are also disappointing but its just an econobox...not a sportscar.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks. Last time i got road hazard from pep boys on my old car and i took it in because i got a flat from a nail..and the buttholes wouldn't cover it! so i left the tire there and walked out HA!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboMe
lol r u guys serious? the water falls into the trunk? or just the sides of the trunk?
just the sides...
its really annoying when after you wash you car and then you open the hatch and the back fenders get wet again....
Old 02-23-2005, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know then it's off to get the shammy again HA!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I hate that I have to wait to get my new baby.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IT's worth the wait! trust me! it's a fun fun car!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I hope it is, I didn't even get to test drive one.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? O, that's good though you will like it even more now HA! because if you actually test drove it you would be more impatient HA! i test drove and bought he he he.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I HATE how I always hit my head on the hatch when I'm getting something out of the back of the car. The hatch needs to lift up all the way by itself.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboMe
lol r u guys serious? the water falls into the trunk? or just the sides of the trunk?
sorry i wasn't clear at first. they fall on the sides of the trunk.
rainx would reduce the amount of water on the glass, it's just in the past i just put it on the front windshield everytime i wash my car. since i wash practically every week, that stuff can get expensive.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where do you get it from?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scoobyroo2002
Where do you get it from?

i got it at kragens, but i've seen them at autozone. i thought i couldn't find it either, but i was only looking at the chemicals section (car care products, oils, additives, etc.). however i did find it where they keep the replacement wipers. (then i thought to myself, "DUH!, of course they would put it there!") they only had the "original glass treatment" spray bottle and wipes, and the anti-fog stuff. rainx makes a bunch of stuff that i heard were good, but never personally have tried since not many stores carry more than just the basics. you can check them out at rainx.com
Old 02-23-2005, 10:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The interior controls are awesome. I love the layout. Every button is exactly where it should be. I even like the factory headunit... It's nice having a button that's larger than the pinhead ones on most aftermarket stereos when I'm changing lanes and changing stations at the same time.

The moonroof. Seriously. It's the second button I hit after I start my ignition, weather permitting.

No seatbelt adjusts. No crappy slider, they adjust automagically.

The 'memory' manual seats are awesome. I don't miss having power seats one bit, even though my last two cars had them and I thought I'd never live without.

The gear shift. It looks great, feels great. It's solid.

The rims. I actually love my factory rims.

My huge trunk, and the huge trunk lid. I can stack anything I need to carry in the back of the car. If I need more room, I just fold down one or both of the seats. I've been consistantly amazed with just how much stuff, and the size of stuff that I can fit in my car.

Turn signal mirrors. Not a necessity, but they look great. Also a safety feature.

The Ballistic Nylon seating. It doesn't stain, it doesn't rip. It looks great.

My last car was a v6 2.5 engine. The car before that was a v8. I don't miss the power of either, in fact the tC seems to have better pickup and better acceleration than either.

I have a few very minor complaints... Like PRNDL 1-2 (gear indicator) on automatics scratches too easily, and so does the painted part of the dash... But that's to be expected. You wax it, it doesn't scratch.

The factory windshield wiper blades could stand to be improved. Replace them.

You know what else I just thought of? It's really nice to be able to squeege your roof at a gas station. The birds around here bomb on cars all day long, and it's so nice to be able to run a squeege all the way over the top of the car without worrying about scratching paint...
Old 02-23-2005, 10:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default loves/hates

Does anyone else think the omission of a rear wiper was a major design faux paux on the part of the Scion boys?? oh and to u guys who are complaining about the electronic throttle response, you have 2 options you can either BUILD a grounding kit out of 4 gauge wire for like 15 bucks.
Or you can BUY A grounding kit for like 80 bucks. i built mine and the throttle lag is a thing of the past. it also dropped my idle a bit (warm idle is now about 600). so there u go. rock on fellers!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-06-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-23-2005, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
Seven City Scions
SL Member

what i dont like is that theres no hatch release in the car. I dont like that you cant get rid of the little person display on the clock in the center consol. I dont like that TRD hasnt came out with the SC yet ;) I do love everything else bout the car. O and you guys talking about tire problems.......i have the yokos and i love them............no traction problems here and wheel hop, none.

Quick Reply: What do you Love/Hate about your tC?