Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What do you think of Azure Pearl on the tC, is it more blue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What do you think of Azure Pearl on the tC, is it more blue?

Hey everyone, Im about ready to purchase a Scion tC, I used to drive a Honda S2000, but sold it a few days ago (just not practical and was hurting my back), so I was really into the Azure Pearl color... what do you all think, is it closer to blue (which I like), or to green (which I dislike)? Also, what do you think of getting the Amber interior lighting LED's, rice, or not? One last thing, do you think the TRD exhaust is worth the cost... I dont like loud exhausts at all, but I do love the accentuated sound of a motor rev coming thru... Thanks all!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's definitely blue. Like a light metallic baby blue.

I have the amber interior lighting which I haven't installed yet. I don't think it's rice at all. Maybe if I did multicolor interior lights with a disco ball, but even then it's just tacky, not really ricey.

There will be other exhausts coming out, so you might want to wait. If you really like the TRD exhaust, then go for it.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:26 PM
2JZ
5 Year Member
SL Member

dammit, something is fu-cocked with scionlife... third time trying to post and i keep getting this bb could not connect to database error...

anyway, the Azure Pearl is defintiely blue... not a hint of green.

the interior lights i DON'T think it's rice, (versus the underbody lgihts which are tacky as hell) but it's not my style so i wouldn't get it.

the TRD exhaust sounds nice to me... not as loud as some people want, but it's throaty enough for me.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the AP is like girly mix of blue and green. it's hard to say which color its closer to. you just have to see it in person. i didn't care for it myself. anyway, as far as the lighting goes, don't get it. you can do more for less money if you go out and by them yourself. here's my buddy's interior he did for about $60.

1 led in each vent, 1 in each cupholder, 1 pointed on the shifter, two 15" neons under the dash, and two under the seats, 7 total leds, and a total of about 60" of blue neon

Old 08-03-2004, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a girly baby blue....

If you want BLUE, go with Indigo Ink color....I just saw one today, it was ok looking, Istill like my Flint the best though

I agree, interior lights are not THAT bad, still on the verge of ricey though.

Not sure about the exhaust....I'm sure they will come out with a lot of aftermarket stuff REALLY soon.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by doubledown
It's a girly baby blue....

If you want BLUE, go with Indigo Ink color....I just saw one today, it was ok looking, Istill like my Flint the best though

I agree, interior lights are not THAT bad, still on the verge of ricey though.

Not sure about the exhaust....I'm sure they will come out with a lot of aftermarket stuff REALLY soon.
Yeah, I know its a little girly, but Ive had every color under the sun... so I think its time for a change, I think the tC looks amazing in white, but my S2000 was white, and WOW, what a hassle to clean. Id get the indigo blue, but I dont like drawing attention and, for some reason, bright colors distract me when I drive (psychological)... I want something thats rare on the road (and I know this color is rare since Ive been waiting 1 out of the 3 weeks I have to wait for it to come in from Japan. Also, I want a throaty exhaust, but nothing numbing to the ears... a very refined sound, not a gurggly Mustang or Camaro sound at all. But, if you all could convince me to get some other color, it's still not too late (because I still have the option to get another color)... but plz no silver, I know it looks hott, but Ive had 3 silver cars, and no white or indigo blue... well, no black either, lol... you could see all the swirl marks on black cars... thanks for the input... and Im def. getting the Amber interior lighting now
Old 08-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

The Tc looks best in black and flint, the blue is a old persons car color....but if YOU like it thats all that counts!
Old 08-03-2004, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy ____! Did Cybergypsy just post something that was not overtly insulting to the tC?

Satan must be snowboarding.

Anyway. AP was the second color tC I saw in person. its baby blue, not much green in it but it a sorth of transparent metallic blue and not the milky baby blue you'd get on something like a 4Runner or a Rav 4. Its actually my 2nd choice after SW. its a nice color, very serene.

There are no bad colors for this car.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont see what peoples deal is with dark color cars. if you take care of your paint, you shouldn't have any swirl marks. but i guess people don't take care of their paint as much as i do. other than waxing it regularly, i claybar it once a month and break out the polishing compound twice a year. not a single swirl.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member

Hi,

Originally Posted by 05 Flint tC
the AP is like girly mix of blue and green. it's hard to say which color its closer to. you just have to see it in person. i didn't care for it myself. anyway, as far as the lighting goes, don't get it. you can do more for less money if you go out and by them yourself. here's my buddy's interior he did for about $60.
Do you by any chance have plans for this? Where are the wires? Where does the power come from?

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are some pics of this guys. Personally, I didn't like the AP until I saw these pics. Now it is the color I am gonna get, if I ever get this car and hopefully there will still be some around in January.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ghlight=picked
Old 08-04-2004, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw the AP in the bright Arizona sun for a few minutes and it definitely looked green to me, under those conditions. In the showroom it looked silvery blue.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Azure Pearl color is definitely not green and does not have any hint of green in it. The color is a bit hard to describe, but light steel blue comes close. In twighlight hours and when it rains the blue looks much closer to silver, and many of my friends can't immediately recognize the color.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by r0n1n
The Azure Pearl color is definitely not green and does not have any hint of green in it. The color is a bit hard to describe, but light steel blue comes close. In twighlight hours and when it rains the blue looks much closer to silver, and many of my friends can't immediately recognize the color.
Yeah, Azure Pearl looks pretty amazing to me... its something no one really has either... I think the best thing to do is GET it! Thanks for the input
Old 08-04-2004, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish I could just get mine. Hopefully there are some AP's still left in January for me.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by legoandy
Hi,

Originally Posted by 05 Flint tC
Do you by any chance have plans for this? Where are the wires? Where does the power come from?

Thanks.
he's got them hooked up to a 12V power source with a switch. it's not hard to do at all. all the wires are behind the dash. i'm most definately doing it to my tC when i get it. Interior lighting is a must at car shows. Especially Hot Import Nights.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't get the azure pearl. Its way too girly of a color. Stick with the flint mica.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by technetium
Don't get the azure pearl. Its way too girly of a color. Stick with the flint mica.
Whoa. I think that post speaks for itself.

As for being a "girly" color - hardly. If anything, girls are attracted to the color, and the person driving it, too!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

r0n1n, take notice of technetium's sig ;)
Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Heheh. Yup, missed that. Coffee was brewing and hadn't had my first cup yet! <g>

Quick Reply: What do you think of Azure Pearl on the tC, is it more blue?