Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Whats the best exhaust for the Tc?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member

Default Whats the best exhaust for the Tc?

hey hey kids,
flip here and I just wanted your guys opinion on TC exhaust pipes, bout to buy some mods for xmas. So far im purchasing K&N CAI, STRUT, Rear Sway, some new shoes 18`s. Also an exhaust, but havnt read anything about this yet, just wondering whats available out there for the Tc (exhaust)! Im not looking for a really Ricey sound, I have a bike with a Micron exhaust on it so I dont need my other ride to sound like my bike, just looking for performance.To whomever responds to this, thanks for taking the time jerky! \
Mr Magoo

indigo Tc (Parked for Winter)
87 S-15 GM
97 Honda CBR 600 f3 (Smoken Joe Edition) *for Sale*
02 R1
Old 11-27-2004, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as i know, they only current exhausts that have been manufactured for the tc are...

trd axle back - mcgeorgeparts.com for $350ish + shipping
injen axle back - bbist sells them for $400 shipped
magnaflow axle back - pm stylis. he sells them but i am not sure for how much. cheaper price than the others though.
magnaflow cat back - yet again you can get it from stylis. not sure how much l00t this will set ya back.

another option would be getting a custom setup done at a local shop. this will cost you even less than any of the exhaust systems above. but since you are throwing down so much cheddar on other mods, i'm sure you aren't worried about the price.

i've listened to sound clips from all of the above manufactured exhausts listed. i personally like the sound of the injen axle back. imo, if it's performance you want, wait and see what cat backs injen, greddy, dcsports, and other names come out with. that way you can get the most hp for your $. the hardest part is being patient with buying stuff. hope this helps.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

and dont forget DC's 500+ catback system
Old 11-27-2004, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hoping HKS hi powered comes out soon..
Old 11-27-2004, 10:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The full setups are nice, but if you go custom, make sure they mandrel-bend the whole thing. Otherwise you're just throwing your dough away.

Personally, I think a Carbon Fiber muffler would look sick on a dark colored car like the Indigo Blue.

And, if you don't want it to be very loud, stay away from Magnaflow or Borla exhausts.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member

thanks alot fellows you helped me out big time.
keep it gangsta jiggas
flip magoo

see ya in church mothertruckers
Old 11-27-2004, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ya i would personally go most quiet as possible. i think the TRD axle is loud for me. i prefer to go unnoitced...

you know, NINJA STEALTH STYLE.

MUAHAHAH. no jk

i think loud exhaust are cool somethimes but its just to much to hear it all day long. and for cop purposes too.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think stock is best in this case...I think any axle-back is too much for the almost negligible gains you'll get. It's nice and quiet too, but hey, I'm an old guy and have grown out of the loud exhaust scene (now maybe it would be different on an M3 or something).

I would also rethink the strut brace...IIRC the towers are very close to the firewall and are pretty strong as it is...I don't think the brace will improve performance too much...if anything it would increase understeer. The RSB is smart though...I have my TRD set at "race" and I really enjoy it (much beefier than stock) it makes the handling more nuetral.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I am having a custom exhaust made sometime in December. If all works out, creativecompacts will sell them sometime next year.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by putz
as far as i know, they only current exhausts that have been manufactured for the tc are...

trd axle back - mcgeorgeparts.com for $350ish + shipping
injen axle back - bbist sells them for $400 shipped
magnaflow axle back - pm stylis. he sells them but i am not sure for how much. cheaper price than the others though.
magnaflow cat back - yet again you can get it from stylis. not sure how much l00t this will set ya back.

another option would be getting a custom setup done at a local shop. this will cost you even less than any of the exhaust systems above. but since you are throwing down so much cheddar on other mods, i'm sure you aren't worried about the price.

i've listened to sound clips from all of the above manufactured exhausts listed. i personally like the sound of the injen axle back. imo, if it's performance you want, wait and see what cat backs injen, greddy, dcsports, and other names come out with. that way you can get the most hp for your $. the hardest part is being patient with buying stuff. hope this helps.
those arent magnaflow axle backs and cat backs..there just universal magnaflow mufflers with piping that stylis custom bent to fit and desugbed to work with the tC..system fabricated by stylis, not magnaflow.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want great looks and sound the TRD seems to be the best.

As for cat-back, of course a lot more power should be made. If you want to spend the money then go for a cat-back. Prices are going to be high for cat-backs since it seems like no one wants to make one. Give manufactures about 4-6more months and Im sure cat-backs will fill websites for the tC.

What I suggest it buy the TRD exhaust. Once you have it installed take the car to an exhaust shop and have some custom bent 2.5in pipe from the 2nd cat and back. You can even take the 2nd cat out if you like. Its the same as having a cat-back, just a thought.

Another axle-back that doesnt get much play is the Borla. Looks pretty nice too. its almost like the TRD. I actually think the TRD is made by Borla.