Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Where to get a loan from?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok check this out. I applied with Pentagon last night, i got an answer this evening. i applied for 18,000. I put down my mom has a cosigner. My application came back denied because " deliquincies in past" and "unestablished credit history". WTF?! This is so frustrating. I tried USAA a few months back, like in OCT. They would only give me 13000 tops with a cosigner,plus they would only cover 90 percent of the cost. I dont knwo what to do. I dont want to pay more than 7 percent on my loan.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw i have no deliquincies so i guess that is my moms deal.

What is the quickest way i can build my credit, in like a matter of 2 months?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Build a time machine?
Old 02-03-2005, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member

I could have told you that without applying as far as the 13000 w/ cosignor, I meant other banking w/ USAA like checking and savings (more customers the better, helps me get a better bonus) but anyways, to answer your question it is not possible to build your credit in 2 mos. You should consider yourself lucky you have a willing cosignor w/ decent credit, my parents wouldnt help me. Usually credit unions are a little more strict, I suggest applying by yourself w/ toyota financial under the ifinance program

Credit Line. At least one satisfactory credit line (minimum $500 trade line) open for at least one year, and no adverse credit.
References. Five personal and verifiable references.
Employment. A full-time job, which you've held for at least six months.
Sufficient Income. Your income must be enough to cover ordinary living expenses and vehicle payments, and be consistent and verifiable. Your monthly payment may not exceed a certain percentage of your gross monthly income. See your dealer for details.
Vehicle Insurance. You must show verifiable proof of insurance, as required under the terms of your contract. See your dealer for details.
Other restrictions apply. See your dealer for details.

those are the terms, if you dont qualify, then the dealer will probly find a bank to finance you w/ your mom as cosignor w/ a higher rate
Old 02-03-2005, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

May be you can try this. Charge your credit card and pay it off every month. Sometimes, leave a small balance ($10 - $20) in there. Repeat this for 6 months and you will have a better credit established. Creditor like to see different credit account. Next time, try applies for a gas card. Those cards are easier to apply and that will help you further. And oh, visit this forums, www.creditboards.com, click automotive financing discussion. Don't feel alone, many people are in your situation.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't max out your cards (the high balance shows on your credit report) and don't apply for a ton of credit either... that will only ding you each time you do.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i talked to a financial manager this evening and he thinks he can do something. Im goign in for a test drive on saturday and to see if qualify. Since i have a cosigner he thinks he could do something, i'll mention this ifinance program too. If he does a credit check on me thats gonna be 3 credit checks in a weeks time, will that be ok?
Old 02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 02-04-2005, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tcevolution - those refrences i need to give, i only need to give name and phone number correct?
Old 02-05-2005, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member

addresses as well, however I forgot to give them mine and they havent said anything, as far as the 3 credit checks, it wont affect your score as much as say being late on a payment or maxing out your cards, but it will lower it.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your score's decent, however since you've only been building your credit a year you're at a disadvantage. If your mom is willing to cosign for you you might be ok.