Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Who Is Still Here From the Original 2005/06 Posters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smile Who Is Still Here From the Original 2005/06 Posters?

Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo

It's funny how time flies. I remember joining in 2005 after I bought the tC and thinking I was on top of the world haha. I remember how I originally wanted a basic Mitsubishi Lancer but a friend told me about the new Scion brand that Toyota was coming out with.
Then I saw the tC. I always wanted a moon roof and that's what sold me. As soon as I test drove the car, I was paid the guy and had the car of my dreams lol.

10+ years later and I still have the car. It still looks nearly new. I guess it comes down to how you take care of a car. I am not one of those "every weekend waxers" that stares at their car like they have nothing better to do.
In fact, I haven't washed my car in months. It is covered in mud and salt from the snow storms. But overall, no problems, 150,000 miles almost and I plan to keep it forever since I think it will turn into a classic.

So who else is still remaining here? Many people have already upgraded and left this place years ago.

With Toyota canceling Scion for who knows why, we are a dying species.

DISCUSS

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-13-2020 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 02-05-2016, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am still here, joined back in March 05 as soon as I bought my tC, I love my car and I can't complain much about it, it's been good to me and still running great with 96,000 miles.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-13-2020 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 02-05-2016, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by J_Leon
I am still here, joined back in March 05 as soon as I bought my tC, I love my car and I can't complain much about it, it's been good to me and still running great with 96,000 miles.
Cool. I remember this forum used to be crowded. Like a thread created would be on the second page within hours. Seems like this forum is nearly dead lol...

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-16-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I picked mine up in October 2005. Still have it. Ran NA for 10 years and finally did more serious stuff late last year just for kicks. Hoping to have a little fun til I sell it (or kill it) for something both fun and practical. Man this place was booming with activity back in the day. I couldn't begin to tell you how much I've learned this past decade just from this forum.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:51 PM

I am still here under a different login. Mine has 187000 miles and plan on keeping it.
Since the brand is now defunct I am going to keep my 05 and rebuild it.

I too think it will eventually become a rarity and a classic.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-13-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Necromancer
Cool. I remember this forum used to be crowded. Like a thread created would be on the second page within hours. Seems like this forum is nearly dead lol...
hey necro! Yeah I'm still here as well. Had to check my profile to see when I joined! It's been since 2004! That was quick! But yeah, Scion is ending. I wondered how long their "experiment" would last. The problem was the redesign of the tC and the xB. I know there are fans of the 2nd gen but compared to the 1st gen, they were not the same or better, but more expensive with less features. That is ALWAYS a bad move for any product.

I still have my tC, and you're right, I'm not one to stare at it and wax it, I think I've waxed it once a year. But the paint is far superior to anything I've had before! Maybe because it's made in Japan and they have different emission rules than the paint applied in an US factory. But it seems thicker, deeper. Just better.

I am just now after about a decade replacing the factory suspension, it hasn't failed just getting a little "soft" so it's time to replace it. I am going to add a TRD rear sway bar to it, to tighten up the stock suspension. I've compared aftermarket parts and the stuff that is stock/factory is actually better quality! I was used to Honda where some aftermarket was better than stock. Not with this tC! So when I replaced all my calipers (8 year mark) I just went back to Toyota and bought them. Glad I did, excellent performance now. The brake pedal is tighter than I've ever seen! Also replaced the flexible brake lines.

It's been a trouble free run just maintenance.. I am also thankful how DIY this car is! Amazingly easy to work on! Oil changes, brake pads, rotors, drivebelt, spark plugs, coolant, trans fluid, etc.. all done by me. Haven't seen a shop/dealer in years! I only go to one that gets parts for me, and they've met all the online prices! Very cool.

I am not planning on getting rid of the tC. Don't care if/when I get married a wife says "oh that's not big enough for a baby seat". So? Buy another car for that. I know life changes happen but this car isn't going anywhere! It's too unique to just throw it away. I knew that when they came out. and it's still true today. I'll keep it til the "wheels fall off". I've been very happy with this car. People can complain something is faster, better, etc.. So let them buy that car, I really enjoy the tC I have

Have to see what Mr Akio Toyoda does with the company. He's claimed to re-introduce 'sport' to the brand. Maybe that's why Scion ended? Time will tell. But glad I have what I have right now!
Old 02-08-2016, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
hey necro! Yeah I'm still here as well. Had to check my profile to see when I joined! It's been since 2004! That was quick! But yeah, Scion is ending. I wondered how long their "experiment" would last. The problem was the redesign of the tC and the xB. I know there are fans of the 2nd gen but compared to the 1st gen, they were not the same or better, but more expensive with less features. That is ALWAYS a bad move for any product.

I still have my tC, and you're right, I'm not one to stare at it and wax it, I think I've waxed it once a year. But the paint is far superior to anything I've had before! Maybe because it's made in Japan and they have different emission rules than the paint applied in an US factory. But it seems thicker, deeper. Just better.

I am just now after about a decade replacing the factory suspension, it hasn't failed just getting a little "soft" so it's time to replace it. I am going to add a TRD rear sway bar to it, to tighten up the stock suspension. I've compared aftermarket parts and the stuff that is stock/factory is actually better quality! I was used to Honda where some aftermarket was better than stock. Not with this tC! So when I replaced all my calipers (8 year mark) I just went back to Toyota and bought them. Glad I did, excellent performance now. The brake pedal is tighter than I've ever seen! Also replaced the flexible brake lines.

It's been a trouble free run just maintenance.. I am also thankful how DIY this car is! Amazingly easy to work on! Oil changes, brake pads, rotors, drivebelt, spark plugs, coolant, trans fluid, etc.. all done by me. Haven't seen a shop/dealer in years! I only go to one that gets parts for me, and they've met all the online prices! Very cool.

I am not planning on getting rid of the tC. Don't care if/when I get married a wife says "oh that's not big enough for a baby seat". So? Buy another car for that. I know life changes happen but this car isn't going anywhere! It's too unique to just throw it away. I knew that when they came out. and it's still true today. I'll keep it til the "wheels fall off". I've been very happy with this car. People can complain something is faster, better, etc.. So let them buy that car, I really enjoy the tC I have

Have to see what Mr Akio Toyoda does with the company. He's claimed to re-introduce 'sport' to the brand. Maybe that's why Scion ended? Time will tell. But glad I have what I have right now!
Hey man. I remember you. You are one of the originals. You also have been one of the few to answer all my 'stupid' 'newbie' questions haha. I learned a lot with my car and from this forum. I have done all sorts of things I would have paid someone else to do:

Wipers
Interior dynomat for sound
Inside air filter
Outside air filter
Interior cosmetic mods (pedals, foot steps, shift ****)
Sound system (head unit replacement, speakers, wiring)
Brakes (even though I got scared and gave my lift away in the end)
Tire pressure
Tire sizes
Headlight replacement
Sparkplug replacement
Interior lighting
Battery replacement

Man I learned a lot and saved thousands $$$ from this site. I hope my next car has a forum like this.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-13-2020 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 02-09-2016, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I joined around the time I got my tC in June 2005. I don't come around here often since I don't do much to my tC anymore. I'm still on the same mods (coilovers, wheels, exhaust, etc) since 2005-2006.
This forum was a huge help for me. I fear forums like this are dying since younger people are turning to Facebook groups. I was part of a tC Facebook group, but I got tired of the immaturity and lack of stickied threads. People constantly post questions that were asked days before. There is little DIY/FAQ information available compared to stickied/archived forum threads. The lack of good moderators and format (it's not designed to be a forum) make Facebook groups a mess. People are starting to turn to Whats App and Telegram groups, which is even less structured than a Facebook group.

I wonder if Toyota will have another FWD coupe after the 2016 tC.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-16-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol, seriously I can't believe people are turning to facebook. It's a terrible format for those discussions. Forums are great. I still refer to threads that are 7 or more years old for very useful information. Try doing that with facebook. And yes, the people on FB are generally immature, annoying, stupid or some combination. There are like 5 people in the whole community that provide anything useful.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Necromancer
Hey man. I remember you. You are one of the originals. You also have been one of the few to answer all my 'stupid' 'newbie' questions haha. I learned a lot with my car and from this forum. I have done all sorts of things I would have paid someone else to do:

Wipers
Interior dynomat for sound
Inside air filter
Outside air filter
Interior cosmetic mods (pedals, foot steps, shift ****)
Sound system (head unit replacement, speakers, wiring)
Brakes (even though I got scared and gave my lift away in the end)
Tire pressure
Tire sizes
Headlight replacement
Sparkplug replacement
Interior lighting
Battery replacement

Man I learned a lot and saved thousands $$$ from this site. I hope my next car has a forum like this.
Hey you're welcome, glad I could help ya way back then! Now that you mention it, I do remember how you were trying to work on things. I have to say the 1st gen tC was the EASIEST car I have ever worked on! It's like they designed it for DIY! And well hey we got to be part of something unique in automotive history. We will always have the people who make fun of Scion, who cares.. We know it was special.

While I was rebuilding a Honda, I visited some Honda forums.. Wow nothing like the scionlife world, or any of the scion website. Had these "know it all" moderators who would criticize anyone and insult them for asking "stupid questions". Oh I didn't know we all had to be walking google engines of information before we were ALLOWED to ask a question. Pure arrogance! Must live in their mother's basement or something.. But yeah the scion world was completely different, and that's a good thing! Good people here.

I also agree FB and the social media is a joke when it comes to useful info about anything car-related! I really don't care that someone ate at a certain restaurant, or that they just filled up their car. Let's talk about something of substance.. Oh wait. That's why forums exist!
Old 02-18-2016, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Joined in December 2004 when I bought my Scion tC. I still lurk from time to time. I was really into the forum when the car was new, then took a break from the forum after a million people joined.

Still have my car although it definitely has some battle scars from years of use. I have ~125,000 miles on it now. Besides normal wear and tear parts, I have only had to replace the Evap canister, and the plastic hatch handle.
Overall its been a great car but I am looking to upgrade to something new in the future. I am also sick of the damn hatch rattle which I have been unable to fix since I got the car.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-13-2020 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 02-18-2016, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a 10 year. It's that white Scion logo under your name. The "I" and "O" in Scion are blue to signify the number "10". Took me a long time to realize that, lol.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Joined SL in October 2004.. 193K miles original mileage was 7miles when new.
Lot of mods, two accidents, 3rd battery, 4th set of tires, new rear hubs, and LOTS of rock chips on hood, and it takes 4X too long to refuel due to bad charcoal canister
Local Scion club died about 8years ago. Now dealership is closing.Most of the old local members have moved to the Facebook kingdom, I agree with Necromancer and Sciontc Mich , not conducive to club activities...Have seen most "meets" and car shows also go by the wayside, have my collection of 1st Place 8 trophies, mostly won cause mine was the only xA in competition..lol...
Really miss the heyday of the Scion brand. Will be driving my xA till it, or I can't go on anymore.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Yup! Still here... I hung out in the Rockies Regional boards mostly though. But I remember a few of you who are still posting here. Glad to see some won't be letting the forums die completely! ;)
Old 05-17-2016, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default Still here

Still here since 04 still driving my First Gen xB RS 1

TRD clutch, shifter
Exh
HEADER
17'S
STILL LOVE IT

Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo

It's funny how time flies. I remember joining in 2005 after I bought the tC and thinking I was on top of the world haha. I remember how I originally wanted a basic Mitsubishi Lancer but a friend told me about the
new Scion brand that Toyota was coming out with. Then I saw the tC. I always wanted a moon roof and that's what sold me. As soon as I test drove the car, I was paid the guy and had the car of my dreams lol.

10+ years later and I still have the car. It still looks nearly new. I guess it comes down to how you take care of a car. I am not one of those every weekend waxers; that stares at their car like they have nothing better to do.
In fact, I haven't washed my car in months. It is covered in mud and salt from the snow storms. But overall, no problems, 150,000 miles almost and I plan to keep it forever since I think it will turn into a classic.

So who else is still remaining here? Many people have already upgraded and left this place years ago.

With Toyota canceling Scion for who knows why, we are a dying species.

DISCUSS

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-13-2020 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 05-25-2016, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still sorta here.

what are the chances that I am the longest running/owned supercharged tC? lol
Old 06-01-2016, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most recent photo of my car. The front bumper was repaired/repainted after someone hit it in a parking lot (minor damage, their insurance paid). I took this photo when picking it up from the body shop since they detailed it too My last mod was in 2013 when I installed 08+ headlights.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-16-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I joined in July 2006, lurked before that, after I bought the tC in December 2004. Still have it, 234,000 miles, never really had any problems. Doesn't look as good as it used to, since I gave up on the clubs and going to shows a while ago, just not into it anymore. But hey, I'm old lol. It's been a great car, can't complain - had a lot of great experiences too (Miami trip for one) that never would have happened without the Scion.
I check in here every couple of weeks or so just to see what's up, but yeah, it's nothing like it used to be. I can't even remember the last time I posted.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-16-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I peek my head in every once in awhile. I still have my tc so always have an eye out for new ideas.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just sold my 2006 tC on Craigslist for $4500. Got it new in June 2005. Sold it hours after I posted it. Carmax offered me $2000 (WTF?!?!). Few months ago Carmax bought my sister-in-law's 2007 tC for $4500 (auto, 96K miles), so I expected them to offer around $3300 for mine (118K, manual). I put it back to stock except the coilovers.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-16-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Who Is Still Here From the Original 2005/06 Posters?