Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Worst day of my life

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member

Default Worst day of my life

Pretty much.. I had an accident i ran into a taxi (its side) at about 10-15 mph.. My bumper got dented its a lil raised and my hood is a tiny bit misaligned, but i took it to the toyota collision place and they estimated me 950 bucks.. damn i just got my car like 25 days ago. I really hate myself.. any ideas for a cheaper method? (only bumper damage and the slightest front front front front tip of hood dent and misalignment)
Old 03-01-2006, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where do you live, and what color is your car?
Old 03-01-2006, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oh too bad. i had an accident earlier this year. urgh it sucks!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So the morale of the story is... accidents suck? Or did you actually learn something out of this event.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member

That sucks man
Old 03-01-2006, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member

06 sw tc las vegas
Old 03-01-2006, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if this is the worst day of your life then you haven't lived. I had my license for 8 days when I totaled my first car. I plowed into the back of an Izuzu Rodeo when I was 16. The cop wrote me so many tickets that my license was suspended for a year. I'm 24 with a clean record now. Take this as a learning experience. In the long run it will help you to be a more careful driver.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Insurance? wouldnt that be a cheaper way of fixing it? If not at least its only $950.00 instead of a totalled car.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Worst day of my life

Originally Posted by samtheman67
Pretty much.. I had an accident i ran into a taxi (its side) at about 10-15 mph.. My bumper got dented its a lil raised and my hood is a tiny bit misaligned, but i took it to the toyota collision place and they estimated me 950 bucks.. damn i just got my car like 25 days ago. I really hate myself.. any ideas for a cheaper method? (only bumper damage and the slightest front front front front tip of hood dent and misalignment)
Not really, if you want it to look good. I know the money part sucks, but if you want it to look like it never happened, take it to a professional collision shop and try to get genuine Scion parts.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

worst day of my life I was 17, driving up a hill at 35mph w/ my dad in the passenger seat. car coming down the hill at about 45mph lost control and slammed into me head-on. we were in a 1980 Monte Carlo (no airbags), and were both wearing our seatbelts. i instinctively braced myself on the steering wheel, and broke it (pushed it forward), but was otherwise uninjured. my father spent 3 days in the hospital for INTENSE bruising, but no lasting injuries. driver of the other car (a kid in my school) was also ok, was in a mid-80s civic w/o airbags as well.

calling your mother at 9pm at night to say that you've been in an accident, the car is totalled, and you think that your dad is ok but not sure yet is possibly the worst part of that entire night.

if all you did was rear-end someone and cause under 1000 worth of damage, pay for it yourself, keep your record clean, and realize that it could have been much, MUCH worse.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I was 16, a Chevy pick-up t-boned my VW Corrado on the drivers side going about 35mph. I broke my jaw, left collar bone, 2 ribs, and had a collapsed lung. Driver of the pick-up was drunk, wasn't wearing his seat belt, his head went through the windshield and he died instantly.

Moral of the story - Don't Drink & Drive cause it results in a REALLY BAD DAY
Old 03-01-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does it make me a bad person to be kinda happy that the other driver died? every life is valuable, and I'm sure that he left a wife/kids/family, but i'm so sick of hearing the "drunk driver killed 4 people and yet walked away without a scratch" stories, that when I hear something like this it makes me feel a little better. then I fee guilty for feeling better.

Originally Posted by ScubaLubaSteve
When I was 16, a Chevy pick-up t-boned my VW Corrado on the drivers side going about 35mph. I broke my jaw, left collar bone, 2 ribs, and had a collapsed lung. Driver of the pick-up was drunk, wasn't wearing his seat belt, his head went through the windshield and he died instantly.

Moral of the story - Don't Drink & Drive cause it results in a REALLY BAD DAY
Old 03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey my friend is selling his SW hood if you want it. it will prolly be cheaper if you buy it from him then buy one from somewhere else, and this is OEM so itll fit. its superwhite as well so no color problems, the hood has only like 1000 miles on it.

Ive had numberous bad days and im only 18...
first bad day, october 5th, 2004..my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, for you that dont know, stage four is the last meaning she was terminal, the _____ doctor told her she had six months to live. after that, almost every other friday was a bad day when i took her to chemo...because she looked and felt horrible after coming back...the worst day by far, was july 3rd 2005 when she passed away..the day before the 4th of july and like 20 some days before my 18th birthday...damn im started to tear up just writing this..
Old 03-01-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey my friend is selling his SW hood if you want it. it will prolly be cheaper if you buy it from him then buy one from somewhere else, and this is OEM so itll fit. its superwhite as well so no color problems, the hood has only like 1000 miles on it.

Ive had numberous bad days and im only 18...
first bad day, october 5th, 2004..my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, for you that dont know, stage four is the last meaning she was terminal, the _____ doctor told her she had six months to live. after that, almost every other friday was a bad day when i took her to chemo...because she looked and felt horrible after coming back...the worst day by far, was july 3rd 2005 when she passed away..the day before the 4th of july and like 20 some days before my 18th birthday...damn im started to tear up just writing this.. thanks to god though, i havent been in an accident yet
Old 03-01-2006, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Bought my brand new (3 miles on the odometer) black SRT-4 on June 30, 2005. Fast forward a month. August 11, 2005. Fell asleep, went into a median, car turned sideways, I flipped 4 times.

that sucked
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by versello
So the morale of the story is... accidents suck? Or did you actually learn something out of this event.
Originally Posted by TC-N-Philly
if this is the worst day of your life then you haven't lived.
Remember how you feel right now. Recognize that you never want to feel that way again. Let this be your motivation to drive more defensively.

Oh, and if they are willing, try to pay for the cab's repairs without involving insurance. $950 is potentially a drop in the bucket compared to an increase in premiums for a driver your age with an at-fault accident.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Not to bring the thread down or anything, but the worst day of your life will probably involve a death.

Cars come, cars go, paint shops charge you a lot, but as the cliche says... all of it can be replaced except for life.

Anyway- sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you get that hood hookup and save yourself some cash. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Neothin
Bought my brand new (3 miles on the odometer) black SRT-4 on June 30, 2005. Fast forward a month. August 11, 2005. Fell asleep, went into a median, car turned sideways, I flipped 4 times.

that sucked
Ouch! that HAD to be bad. bet that was one wake up you'll never forget. walk out alright? I hate my lack of driving longjevity, about an hour and a half on the freeway and the road noise and such tries to put me asleep, hasn't yet though. I'm working on lasting longer though. -shakes fist at the road-
Old 03-11-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i got a small ding on my car from a shopping cart...drove around to 9 places to get and estimate and the cheapest place was Maaco. Some of the places I went to were local mom/pops shops which wanted $600-800 for a SMALL ding...at least Maaco is a nationally known company that backs up their work. BTW they quoted $200.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT GO TO MAACO...there paint sucks, and they do ____ty work, i know i had my last car painted there, and i wasnt happy, and they will screw you over

Quick Reply: Worst day of my life