2005-2010 [ANT10]

Your Reasons for an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Your Reasons for an exhaust

I've noticed that with aftermarket exhausts.. they all have one thing in common. They all make your exhaust tone a lot louder.

Now, I never really thought about doing that until I got my tC. I like an audible way to tell what my engine is doing. I used to drive a car where I could easily hear the engine (don't know if that was a good thing) at 3K+ RPM and it was great. Now I can't even hear it unless i have my radio off and I'd really like to be able to hear it with a new exhaust. performance is also an issue. but anyway, why do YOU have/want a new exhaust. Let's keep flaming to a minimum, because everyone has their own opinion. As long as no one gets that lame flame/LED exhaust. thanks.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have one because I wanted a deep sporty tone.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member

EDIT:

please become a site sponsor to advertise

https://www.scionlife.com/premium/
Old 11-12-2004, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

MORE HP... i dunt care bout the sound. i prefer it quiet actually but im strictly for HP and the "CHP"
Old 11-12-2004, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm for quieter exhausts. If you want to drive fast, then you do not want loud exhausts, wings, body kits, custom loud paint. They attract highway patrols and local law enforcement like flies to ****. I know exhausts do give some hp, but if it's just a few, it's not worth it imo.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by importproducts2
hey guys i bought my exhuast here, and they shipped it right away give it a look https://www.autoaccessorystore.com/h..._name=Exhausts

what did you order from there i cant realy find any thing at a good price all there mufflers seem to be around $400
Old 11-12-2004, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Intake will help with being able to hear the engine better. I agree that tC is to quiet - I can't listen to my XM when driving in the city - I need to hear the engine...

As for the exhaust - on my last car I went through 4 different setups - from custom piping done at a local shop with a magnaflow muffler to TRD axleback to a full special order mandrel bent exaust system (header - high flow cat - midpipe, high-flow resonator - TRD axle-back), and after all that done (to a supercharged car) I went back to stock exhaust because the noise was not worth the performance and money. So on tC I'll stick with stock muffler. If i do SC, then maybe a header will go in, but that's it.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha.......ohhhh I want...I want....
https://www.autoaccessorystore.com/h...wers&options=1
Old 11-12-2004, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RockstEdy
Hahaha.......ohhhh I want...I want....
https://www.autoaccessorystore.com/h...wers&options=1
hahahahaha!!! Note: For show use only. AutoAccessoryStore.com will not be responsible for any damages or summons causes by this product. Some Fuel Injection systems may prevent this product from functioning properly.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got mine from www.precisionmuffler.com Its a Magnaflow Catback..

They have 2 types available..the Catback and the Axle Back..Ofcourse the Catback has the most HP and it comes without a Cat but with a Resonator..and Hooks right up to the Downpipe.

The one that is on there stock is a secondary cat..the first one is in the header.

Im guessing about a 8HP Gain with a awesome DEEP Tone.

I have vids of the exhaust if anyone wants..The Exhaust cost me about 400 dollars..But Def. Worth it..

U can getta cheap Muffler that sounds the same at first but over time it'll get crappy and keep on sounding like ____..

GOOD LUCK

MAGNAFLOW-WIDE OPEN
Old 11-12-2004, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'll stick with the stock exhaust. the valve that only opens under WOT has tons of geek value

keep in mind that the tC is a ULEV. ultra low emissions vehicle. i doubt anyone cares about that, but a big aftermarket exhaust is the first step to taking the car's qualification to be called a ULEV.

fyi
Old 11-12-2004, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cad455
i'll stick with the stock exhaust. the valve that only opens under WOT has tons of geek value

keep in mind that the tC is a ULEV. ultra low emissions vehicle. i doubt anyone cares about that, but a big aftermarket exhaust is the first step to taking the car's qualification to be called a ULEV.

fyi
Actually, the only thing I dislike about the tC (which obviously didn't stop me from buying it and loving it to death) is the fact that the mileage is kinda crappy. Granted, SUVs get nothing, but in the city (where I drive) with a manual (what I drive), 23 MPG? I probably get significantly less because of all the stops and low gears I have to use. I'm keeping mine stock because most aftermarket ____ kills the fit and finish that I love. I had an intake on my integra and it ended up being a noisy pain in the ___.

About that valve - I know of it, but anyone have any more pictures/explanations? I'm a geek and I could use more info about anything with geek value.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member

Default exhaust

Sorry, actually I bought mine for $236 a remus muffler single turbo design and then got the rest of the piping built at meinke for $150 so I have a custom full remus catback. You gotta hear this baby, I have never imagined a TC sound this good. It sounds litteraly like a bmw m3 now.

This is the style I got

hear the sounds here

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/remus_sounds.asp
Old 11-13-2004, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iowagary
Originally Posted by cad455

fyi

About that valve - I know of it, but anyone have any more pictures/explanations? I'm a geek and I could use more info about anything with geek value.
straight from the tech spec sheets:

2. Exhaust System

a. dual-wall down-pipe retains heat between pre-cat and
main catalytic converter
b. faster cat light-off
1) more stable operation
c. 2-way muffler
1) variable exhaust valve in rear muffler
a) reduces backpressure for max load acceleration
b) low restriction for high output
c) valve opens gradually near 3000 rpm depending
on throttle angle

it's from a bulleted powerpoint style spec sheet, but you get the idea.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: exhaust

Originally Posted by importproducts2
Sorry, actually I bought mine for $236 a remus muffler single turbo design and then got the rest of the piping built at meinke for $150 so I have a custom full remus catback. You gotta hear this baby, I have never imagined a TC sound this good. It sounds litteraly like a bmw m3 now.

This is the style I got

hear the sounds here

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/remus_sounds.asp
can you post a sound clip and also can you tell me where to go to order it i cant realy find it
Old 11-13-2004, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member

Default TRD Exhaust?

Does anyone know the specs on the TRD exhaust muffler? Just wondering if it's worth the dent in the wallet.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have the TRD one...I LOVE IT! But that's because I bought it for the sound, not for the HP. It only adds 4 HP to the tC, but it sounds awesome. :-) I am very happy with my purchase. I also got it cheaper cause I got it from scionpartspeople.com The people over there were awesome!! And shipping was CHEAP!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member

Default remus

EDIT:

please become a site sponsor to advertise

https://www.scionlife.com/premium/
Old 11-13-2004, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has any one seen this exhaust http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33636 it seems cheap and the web site for the comapany seems good maybe not great but good http://www.meganracing.com/
Old 11-14-2004, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member

Default Exhaust

the link you posted from ebay no offence but that muffler is a piece of garbage your car will sound like a rice bomb if you install that, and the one from that website, I have no idea what brands those are but they seem the same as the one on ebay.

Quick Reply: Your Reasons for an exhaust