Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

BC Coilovers from Meng Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't heard any knocking noise from mine, you could try checking your spring preload and make sure its nice and snug and locked. That could cause knocking noise from what I read over at Nasico.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THe noise are only coming from the front. I think i'm gonna have to try and tighten the pillowball center bolt. I'm gonna try and preload the fronts again.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:36 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Racersky
THe noise are only coming from the front. I think i'm gonna have to try and tighten the pillowball center bolt. I'm gonna try and preload the fronts again.
Did you mess with the pillowball bolt? Make sure your rings are nice and tight. It could be your front sway bar. Did you have trouble putting the endlink stud into the hole?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

Sick. How much do these run?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 0kin
Did you mess with the pillowball bolt? Make sure your rings are nice and tight. It could be your front sway bar. Did you have trouble putting the endlink stud into the hole?
I try tighten the center bolt up top the strut by doing a quick burst with the impact gun and let it be. I then did the preload reset by setting the preload to 0 and then preload it back to 2.5-3mm. The clunking is gone w00t....Yes 0kin I do have aftermarket swaybars (hotchkis) and I did have a slight problem bolting the endlink up but with a little help from Mr. Wooden block everything was A-Ok lol.

Originally Posted by Dizzzle
Sick. How much do these run?
Dizzzle: I got mine for 1000 bucks shipped. A lot of place who sells them also sell them for 1000 bucks shipped. My honest opinion is that the setup is well worth it so far other than me having some slight issues but I'll wait to see what BC Coilovers have to say and how they handle the situation and also let you guys know.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 AM
SL Member

How is that hotchkis set up working for you? I've read some threads where the front sway bar has snapped on their tCs. Other than that, glad you solved the problem . I think meng motorsports sells them for 990 shipped if you email Tony ( the owner ) and he will hook it up with shipping. He'll take care of you if you any questions or issues. But let me know how you will like the BCs racersky. Have you taken some agressive turns with them yet?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How is that hotchkis set up working for you? I've read some threads where the front sway bar has snapped on their tCs. Other than that, glad you solved the problem . I think meng motorsports sells them for 990 shipped if you email Tony ( the owner ) and he will hook it up with shipping. He'll take care of you if you any questions or issues. But let me know how you will like the BCs racersky. Have you taken some agressive turns with them yet?
I have a friend who's gotten his swaybar snapped in front but then the integrity of the swaybar could have weaken from when he got a side accident from the front of the car all the way to the rear. My other friend who has had the hotchkis swaybar for the life of his RS3 has not have any problems. He's always pushing his car to the limit (Drive it like he stole it through turns) everyday with no problems on Race setting. I've had my hotchkis sways for about a year with race settings and I drive backroads spirited driving all the time without any problems (knock on wood). With hotchkis sway I would recommend them to anyone as they are really awesome interms of handling. Their basically a night and day feeling once on.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've seen these coilovers in person, and they are good coils. I bought a pair of F2 TypeII and compared the internals to these, and honestly, these and the F2's are most likely made in the same factory along with KSports as all the internals are identical. When I compare these Taiwanese coils to my JICs however, you can definitely see the quality difference between a Japanese coil and Taiwanese coil. Either way, still a good coilover for the price.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:48 AM
SL Member

Performance BUMP!

I just want to see your opinions about the performance on these coils and pictures would be even better!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Customer Service at BC is top notch. They were shock to see the pictures I sent them of the missing bolts for the rear and sent me two bolts and nuts Overnite but to the wrong address (parents house).
Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Racersky
Customer Service at BC is top notch. They were shock to see the pictures I sent them of the missing bolts for the rear and sent me two bolts and nuts Overnite but to the wrong address (parents house).
Seems like everything worked out for you except for the wrong address part haha. Have you driven aggressively yet with the coils?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seems like everything worked out for you except for the wrong address part haha. Have you driven aggressively yet with the coils?
Yes I have on the back roads and I must say it scared the ____ out of me at this one 10mph turn when my rear fishtail slightly a little. I'm gonna be setting my car up for road racing soon so that's gonna be an awesome test to see how it goes.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 PM
SL Member

This answers my question in another thread, very good work
Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 AM

came across this post and intersted in getting these coil overs, was just wondering if you still had them on your car and how are they holding up still?
Old 02-05-2011, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I purchased my BC Racing BR Series coilovers from Mengmotorsports.com and I absolutely love them. Pick up a pair there and you won't regret it. Meng has awesome customer service to boot.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 AM
SL Member

After reading this thread and made me fall into BC a month ago.
Finally got my BC on yesterday...oh...it made a whole lot different for a FWD car..

oh, plus Tony from Meng! services is A++++++++++
Old 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys are making me want to buy these Coils now...the only question i have is can these coils go low enough to Tuck Stock 17s w. 215/45 tires?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:48 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by InJaPaNdUh
You guys are making me want to buy these Coils now...the only question i have is can these coils go low enough to Tuck Stock 17s w. 215/45 tires?
They certainly can. I was on 18s when I had them installed and I lowered to the point where my wheels were constantly rubbing on the fender. I had to raise it up but there was more than enough threads to go even lower.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had these; loved them! Great quality full coilover setup.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They certainly can. I was on 18s when I had them installed and I lowered to the point where my wheels were constantly rubbing on the fender. I had to raise it up but there was more than enough threads to go even lower.
Nice! i dont want to be HellaFlush or w.e i can barely make it in my driveway as it is now on Rokkors but yeah i just ordered a set from BC they have a warehouse here in Orlando so i should get them soon!

Quick Reply: BC Coilovers from Meng Motorsports