Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Best coilovers in the market?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 PM

Default Best coilovers in the market?

I was wondering what would be the best coilovers to have on my scion tc 05 without hurting the budget? im not looking for performance gains or anything, I just want the gaps to be smaller on both front and back and at the same time to be smooth on the road, im not looking into changing my stock wheels anytime soon either so we're good there.

I have googling the sh*t out of coilovers but im seeing different reviews and havent gotten a green light on any "decent within the budget coilovers"

I've been looking at raceland and a few others but havent been able to tell which is better.

Do I even need coilovers? according to les shwab my struts are about to give out so i figured why not.. can the job be done with just lower shocks and struts instead? your help would be appreciated
Old 09-18-2014, 11:03 PM

Thanks for the reply bro, any idea how much in total would that be for all these? coz theres no way i would be paying $1500 just to get the cosmetic look im after
Old 09-18-2014, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OP

Jays advice is solid, and for reliability purposes it would likely be the best way to go, but your still looking at 800 to a grand price tag. Also you dont need sway bars to go low, just coilovers or shocks and springs. My personal opinion on what you are trying to accomplish, I think racelands would suffice. They are no top of the line product and likely wont last past 2 or 3 years but at the price they are you can't expect them to last forever.

The nice thing about the racelands is that they are completely adjustable and are relatively easy to install, no need for spring compressors. So you can choose exactly how stiff or soft you want it to ride and set your height where you want it...as opposed to a one size thats what you get.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:08 PM

What do i need the sways for? what if i buy just the lowering springs and use my stock shocks? how long before they give out?

forgive my ignorance, im no expert on brand parts but why koni shocks? do i go after the adjustable or the regular ones? any other brands that are on the same level and price range? I just want to explore the options I have in regards to shocks.

summing up the whole list i think it goes like this;

shocks/struts = $690 (koni yellows)
sway bars back and front = $319 (Hotchkis)
lowering springs = $147 (megan racing)

hmm did i miss something? if not that would be a total of roughly $1160 + labor of course

Given the list above, I would be expecting a lowered ride but at the same time a smooth ride, i dont want to feel every chip on the road just because i got my ride lowered u know.

Now based on your experience with parts please feel free to swap in any parts from the list that you think will do a better job and still be in the same price range.