Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...
View Poll Results: Which springs should I buy??
TRD
40.00%
Eibach Pro-Kit
60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Eibach Pro-line or TRD's

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Default Eibach Pro-line or TRD's

Ok, I've got to make up my mind once and for all. What do you think? Eibach Pro-Kit or TRD springs? I'm interested in making the car look good. I want a drop that is not going to make me scrape on everything in the world. I'm not turning my car into a track car or anything, so making it a race car is not in my future. I would like a little better handling but looks is my main concern.

Also, I need to know if I am going to be required to replace my shock or struts if I do either of these springs. Like I said, I'm more interested in looks than performance. I've just heard that some springs make your shocks wear out and stuff. I'm new to this, please give me your best advice.

What are the pros and cons of these kits?? I like the looks of the TRD's I've seen on here, but still not sure which way to go.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Nobody's got a clue huh?
Old 02-16-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Pro-Kits are good springs, they are designed to work OK with stock shocks. In the past, TRD springs were just "rebadged" Eibachs but I'm not sure if they still do that now.

I'm not sure about the tC...but I know with the MR2, the Pro-Kits do not lower the car very much...maybe 1"-1.5" front and rear. If you are just doing it for "looks", the Pro-Kits might not be low enough for your liking.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the price Id have to say go TRD. They can be had for under $150 from McGeorge Parts and TRDSparks. Most of the Eibachs are being sold at over $200. Eibach makes great springs, but with the TRDs being rebadged Eibachs its hard not to go with TRDs.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Well, the TRD drop looks great to me, I wouldnt wanna go any lower than that for fear of scraping...the only reason I was considering Eibach is b/c my brother prob gets a discount on the from his work, in which case they could be cheaper that the TRD's. The drop is about the same between the 2, right?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Eibach may be a little lower than the TRD. They are listed as 1.4" drop front and rear. Either way Im sure youll be happy so go with whatever is cheaper. I dont scrape at all on my TRD stuff and I have the OEM ground effects. The only thing to look out for curbs and those cement blocks when parking as you will probably hit the body....but come to think of it its pretty easy to hit those on stock suspension.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member

I love my prokit when I talked with a rep from eibach he said a 1.5 drop all the way around which is just what I was looking for. The trd's 1inch wasnt me but thats me.
Stock shocks are fine and havent had a problem with scraping here's a link.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...352766#1352766
Old 02-19-2006, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Cool, TRD it is...(come to find out my bro can't get the Eibach Prokit, only the Sportline and thats a bit too low for me)...I know I can get em for $200 at the dealer, but anybody know where I can get em cheaper...online maybe???
Old 02-19-2006, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member

You can get the Pro-Kit at www.modacar.com and Ebay as well I saw them on Ebay for about $160.00.