Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

F!@CKED UP MY Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default F!@CKED UP MY Suspension

So I go to the Scion dealer today for my appointment at 7:30am for the moonroof deflector recall, I get up there and they say they dont have the laminate in stock and told me I would have to come back leter this afternoon. So yeah, I decided to come back later. As I was leaving the dealer, it started sprinkling outside, its also 30ish degree weather, Im taking a roundabout turn going 30mph and the var starts to slide as Im finishing the turn and BAMMMM, my passenger side rams into the curb and eats my F!@KING wheel and damages my suspension. Now the alignments def off and I hear a grinding noise while I drive. I didnt think it would be slick but man this day sucks so far. I had money saved up for the TRD SC that I was gonna order this week but looks like thats gonna be delayed. So PO right now. I wonder how much this is gonna set me back. Sorry, I had to vent this morning and let out my rambling. Any ideas what I damaged and costs it would take to repair? I know the Toy/Scion dealer is gona take a look at it later but Im pretty sure they'll charge an assload of money.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know for sure a tie rod is bent and you might have messedup the rack other then that hope the wheel isnt bent or cracked and that the a arm and axle are good

the inner tierod cost me 125 i think and was easy to install the a arm i have taken off before and its not hard and the axle shouldnt be hard either so most of this you should be able to fix your self and just take it in for an alignment
Old 01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Shows why getting rid of the stock tires on ANY car is a good idea. I've heard plenty of horror stories of the stock bridgestones's on the tC, and the Goodyear's on the xB.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

with no pictures and us not being able to see it in person........ how can you justify asking anyone how much they think it will cost???
its okay to vent like i am now but do we have to ask people questions that we know they cannot answer or even make a educated guess, as the education here would be seeing it and analyzing what is broken or damaged?
Old 01-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

i had this happen but thankfully stopped rite be 4 i hit the curvey. It was 1st day of rainin in so.cal this yr and I was goin into a left intersection turn. All of a sudden the car was slidin and I couldnt stop it. I was slowly pumpin the brakes to try to stop it instead of jus floorin them. Scary!!! I am def. gettin rid of the potenza, esp after this story and hope everytin works out.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear about that man
Old 01-10-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by beezyyy
i had this happen but thankfully stopped rite be 4 i hit the curvey. It was 1st day of rainin in so.cal this yr and I was goin into a left intersection turn. All of a sudden the car was slidin and I couldnt stop it. I was slowly pumpin the brakes to try to stop it instead of jus floorin them. Scary!!! I am def. gettin rid of the potenza, esp after this story and hope everytin works out.
yeah, im gonna invest in some new tires too after I get everything replaced. Parts alone is gonna run me $600. I get my car back this weekend and you know what I realized today, the spare/donut that comes with the tC is hideous. Its creme colored like an actual donut. Well, the good part was I came out unharmed. Just angry cause I have to put out money to repair my baby now and have to wait to make it faster.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the good years on my xb are freakin great tires for dry conditions but on wet surfaces they are crap
Old 01-21-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

This is the third time I heard a story like this .... the tC's are kinda long, so maybe this explains the tendency to fishtail. Either way, .... let's all take it easy when it's raining.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hayalex6
Shows why getting rid of the stock tires on ANY car is a good idea. I've heard plenty of horror stories of the stock bridgestones's on the tC, and the Goodyear's on the xB.
i went and bought some bfg g-force sports the MINUTE i drove off the lot w/ my new tC... hehe... i literally drove from the dealership directly to NTB to get rid of those potenza's! they gave me $50 each for the potenza's too!

Old 01-24-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Yeah we seem to get crappy stock tires with all the Scions. That's why we just have to drive cautiously in the rain.

Sorry to hear about that bro, I hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

How sharp of a turn was it at 30 mph? Hope the damage isn't as bad as it sounds.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just got into a little fender bender myself (so mad) some guy in a cammery smashed into my driver side quarter panel, the body work alone is 3100, not including any suspension work that i know will have to be done. i get a really harsh shound when i go over larger bumps, like scraping, probably a shock. luckly for me its all his fault so im not out a dime. anyone been in an accident that can tell us how the TC drives afterwards?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got hit on my drivers side and it messed up my quarter panel and door and drivers side shock had to be replaced.

after my car being in the shop for 6 weeks to be repaired, my tC is back on the road. it drives the same i guess. the only problem i have is that when i brake my suspension in front makes noise but i believe thats because i have a sway bar up front and its on the hardest setting.

-David
Old 01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by beezyyy
I was slowly pumpin the brakes to try to stop it instead of jus floorin them.
thats a problem there, slam the brakes and steer, thats what abs is there for