Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Febest Strut seat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 07:33 PM
SL Member

Default Febest Strut seat?

Anyone use these?
Amazon Amazon

I recently purchased one for my passenger side on the tC. Surprisingly they also make a bellows/boot that is direct OEM replacement for the one-piece on the tC which wasnt too bad. Mine were totally dry rotted.

Anyway, I wasnt impressed with the bearing play, even over the old crusty OEM which was going to fail. For 20 bucks, I used the Febest anyway. The other day, I raised the car to replace my rear O2 sensor and
I noticed when the weight of the tire (etc) pulls on the strut, the center of it seems to sink 5mm or more, unlike the OEM. Is this flex others have seen in aftermarket strut mount tops?
I also have a very tiny bit of play in the steering that I can feel. I'm wondering if this crap quality part is contributing to the feeling of an otherwise tight steering on the car. I'll probably inspect the u-joint pinch bolts,
but I'm hoping I don't need to replace the parts as per the TSB I've seen on similar configurations.

I might replace that one again, since I'm considering putting springs on the car if I don't sell it soon.

Any suggestion for a quality part from Rockauto? OEM is too $$$$.

Bellows/boot
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-19-2017 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo