Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Hit a curb need advixe

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 07:44 AM

Default Hit a curb need advixe

Hi, so I was fooling around with my friends on a late Saturday night and it was snowing and I drifted right into a curb. I have a Scion tC 2005 and aftermarket rims. So I was maybe going 15-25 mph when I hit the parking concrete block. Right when I hit it the car lifted up and I parked it and inspected it. There was no body damage thank god. After driving for a few I noticed it was driving off center. So basically the left wheel is slightly bent to the right and the right wheel is completely straight when the steering wheel is straight. But when I drive the steering wheels sitting position now is like 45* left to its normal position and it drives straight but when I turn the wheel straight back to normal it drifts right. The concrete block also broke and the rods in the block were bent but the thing is the rim only has a very light scratch and it’s a pretty ____ty rim and the tire is completely fine no damage was done to it. Yes I know what I have done was completely stupid and dumb, I have accepted the fact that I messed up so please no lectures. I just want to know what the possible damages could be and the estimated price for it to be fixed. I’m a broke teenager working at a grocery store and my parents are in a tough situation as well so I can’t ask them for anything. I hate that it happened on a sat and evey shop is closed on a Sunday so the suspense is killing me. Is there hope that the alignment was just knocked loose or is there something definitely bent? Also no shaking when driving but when going over a sleet patch the steering wheel kinda goes loose and moves around but that happened before the accident but because it’s off center and the wheels are at different angles it just feels even more weird. Any advice is appreciated. When the right wheel is straight, the steering wheel is straight, but the left wheel is maybe turned 2 to 4 inches to the right. When driving the steering wheel sits crooked to the left about 9 to 10 o clock and drives straight
Old 02-07-2018, 05:08 AM
SL Member

You bent your tie rods. You will need possibly inner and/or outer tie rod ends, and an alignment at the least. As far as price, im trying to remember I think my inner and outer tie rod ends plus i got a 4 wheel alignment instead of just 2, and think it ran me around $400-450. I wouldnt drive on it too much, cuz itll chew through that tire super quick.