Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

hotchkis front sway + bumps = broken endlinks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 AM

Thanx I think that I will go with just the rear. The roads in Oakland are not that great anyway. And less money.

Also would you guys recommend getting the Progress or the TRD and if I get the Progress would you still recommend getting the dezod end links anyway. I'm assuming I will need to get them for the TRD cuz stock will break?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no.
if your getting the TRD sway you do not need endlinks
progress comes with new ones dont they??
Old 04-09-2009, 04:28 AM

yea they do, but I thought that I had heard of people talking about their stocks breaking with TRD. Well I guess it looks like I will go with the TRD cuz I could probably get it for the least.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the trd rear sway
no such thing as the endlinks breaking for the TRD cause they stiffness isn't that much
i can def understand why hotchkis would need new beefier endlinks cause it is so dayum stiff

people recommend progress cause its stiffer than TRD but not as stiff as hotchkis, so it depends how hard you want it...

heh heh
Old 04-11-2009, 09:00 PM

Thanx guys, I just ordered the progress last night, can't wait to get it on and go test it out.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One Question To You That Had The Endlinks Break. Does The Rear Sway Bar Start Hittin the Body When The Endlinks Break.? I Have Raceland Coils Maxxed And Hotchkis Rear Sway,Stock Endlinks..I'm Hearing A Clunk Sound And Seen That The End Of The Sway Bar Hit The Body of The Car Right Next To Where The Coil Bolts up..What Can It Be.?
Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by frankiietc
One Question To You That Had The Endlinks Break. Does The Rear Sway Bar Start Hittin the Body When The Endlinks Break.? I Have Raceland Coils Maxxed And Hotchkis Rear Sway,Stock Endlinks..I'm Hearing A Clunk Sound And Seen That The End Of The Sway Bar Hit The Body of The Car Right Next To Where The Coil Bolts up..What Can It Be.?
Grab the endlinks and wiggle them to see if they're loose. Is it only hitting on one side? Is there any adjustability? post pics dude
Old 03-26-2012, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
a) If you're going to just be daily driving and an occasional autocross, stick with just the rear bar. No need to go all out with front and rear if you don't need them.

b) Hotchkis set does NOT come with any endlinks. The Progress rear bar is the only one that comes with new endlinks.

c) You cannot buy just the Hotchkis rear. And you probably shouldn't anyway. It is made to work with the front. Using just the rear with the front has the potential to cause some unsafe driving dynamics.

1) I agree that upgrading the front bar is unnecessary
3) I bought the Hotchkis rear alone about a year and a half ago. I strongly recommend it. In fact, I have disconnected my front sway bar. I daily drive it, and autocross it regularly.
Disclaimer: I didn't disconnect the front swaybar with stock suspension. I use 400lb front and 700lb rear with Koni yellows. The only time I ever had a problem was hard cornering while dropping off. I hit the bump stops. They never did that with the course again, and agreed to never do it again.

As for breaking swaybar endlinks, I'm surprised. I raced my tC for most of a season with the only mods being the Hotchkis rear sway bar, and Dunlop Star Spec tires. The way I was three-wheeling, I expected to break an endlink.
Now that my spring rates are much higher, the springs are helping the swaybars more, and putting less stress on the endlinks.