Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/)
-   -   Hotchkis vs TRD Sways (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/hotchkis-vs-trd-sways-87190/)

Spect2K3 01-13-2007 11:35 PM

Hotchkis vs TRD Sways

2 things:

1st, does anybody know where I can get JUST the FRONT sway from hotchkis? (I think they are the only company to make one, correct me if i'm wrong)

2nd, I saw that the trd rear sway on the race setting (the stiffer setting) is 64% stiffer than stock. I then see that the hotchkis rear sway can be as stiff as 338% stiffer than stock. Are these numbers real? Hotchkis must be a crazy amount stiffer than the trd if it is....must be crazy oversteer (but I guess thats whey there is the front sway...)

captainlaziness 01-13-2007 11:37 PM

1st- Probably not, but you could troll the PPC section for one.

2nd- Yep real numbers, and (like you said) that is why the Hotchkis sways come as a pair.

Spect2K3 01-13-2007 11:45 PM

wow, that must be a crazy ride. I've had my trd sway on race since I bought the car, but that is a significant jump in stiffness. Must be crazy to drive

--Final_Wrath-- 01-13-2007 11:57 PM

Suspension

Where exactly would the rear sway go????? would it go on the floor??? Or am i way off on this one :doh: ....im new to this stuff..

Spect2K3 01-14-2007 01:03 AM

There is a stock rear sway already on the car. It is part of the suspension on the rear wheels, underneath the car. It connects the 2 rear wheels and makes it so that there can't be too much lean on one wheel, it tries to balance them out so that if you make a right turn for example, it will try to even out the amount of pressure on the left wheel when it wants to all go to the right. Ever see a SUV get some wheels off the ground when turning? this stiffens the ride to stabalize that....I dont know how to better explain it, I hope i'm making some sense.

--Final_Wrath-- 01-14-2007 01:46 AM

Suspension

So basically it goes under the car....yea, you explained it fine....thanks

trdtcpr 01-14-2007 03:14 AM

I went from the TRD sway to the Hotchkis set and certainly there is a difference. As for getting just the front call Hotchkis directly and see if they would sell just the front, the least you can get is a no.

Spect2K3 01-14-2007 03:38 AM

I can only imagine, it MUST be stiffer...just look at the numbers! wow!

I'll give em a call, after all, my car has a tendency to oversteer with my trd sway on race. I'm just afraid that the hotchkis front sway, being meant to counteract the stiff hotchkis rear sway, may cause my car to understeer since I only have the trd bar. any thought?

captainlaziness 01-14-2007 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by trdtcpr
I went from the TRD sway to the Hotchkis set and certainly there is a difference. As for getting just the front call Hotchkis directly and see if they would sell just the front, the least you can get is a no.

A Hotchkis front bar up front and a TRD bar out back is going to throw handling balance out the window.

Spect2K3 01-14-2007 03:45 AM

yea, that sucks, makes sense though. So I gotta either leave it as is or get both hotchkis sways. bummer!

m6ar2cel6oTC 01-19-2007 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by captainlaziness

A Hotchkis front bar up front and a TRD bar out back is going to throw handling balance out the window.

i just bought the front performance tech i think its called from nopionline because i already have the trd rear sway. will that throw off my handling? and if so why? the back i think it's 22mm and the front is 24 mm.

trdtcpr 01-19-2007 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC

Originally Posted by captainlaziness

i just bought the front performance tech i think its called from nopionline because i already have the trd rear sway. will that throw off my handling? and if so why? the back i think it's 22mm and the front is 24 mm.

I sold my TRD rear sway and bought the Hotchkis set for that same reason since Hotchkis R&D for making the set to handle accordingly front with the rear I prefered having their set better than a mix & match. just mho.

Tcguy85 01-19-2007 10:59 PM

the trd rear is enough if your just driving on the street, if your autocrossing more might be a good thing though.

trdtcpr 01-19-2007 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tcguy85
the trd rear is enough if your just driving on the street, if your autocrossing more might be a good thing though.

true!