Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

megan coilover questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default megan coilover questions...

ok anyone with megan coilovers help!!!...i have a problem with my rear coilovers...i put the settings on the rear to the lowest possible and when i put it on and drop the car off the jack...my car is still f*ing high...the front are fine but its just the rear that is hella high even on the lowest setting....PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was this just today? How big is the gap? A few fingers, a fist? Drive on them for a while, they might need to settle in. This is odd though.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its a three finger gap....im thinking maybe because my first setuop was on stock shocks and on megan springs...i had an alignment...which maybe the issue??
Old 03-03-2008, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, an allignment will not effect your ride height at all, I really don't know what could be the issue. They contacting the guys over at megan racing, see what they say
Old 03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you really want to slam it, just take out the locking rings and have the strut bottom out on the adjustment perch. That'll give you another inch of lowering room.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gtran1502
If you really want to slam it, just take out the locking rings and have the strut bottom out on the adjustment perch. That'll give you another inch of lowering room.
No, definitely don't do that until you find out what the problem is first. Call megan racing. If you have them lowered all the way in the back and there is still a gap there is a problem.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well ok i bought the coilovers and then a day later the place i bought it from called me and said that megan gave me the wrong shocks and spring for the back...so they sent me new ones and it still high..
Old 03-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Banned
SL Member

Megan was having issues with their coilovers, you might want to call them and ask them. Someone in my car club had to get the rears replaced.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o ok
Old 03-04-2008, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The problem was that they originally shipped the suspension with soft rear springs, 6k I believe. This resulted in coil bind and constant bottoming since there was very little travel required for the spring to be fully compressed. They replaced it with a heavier spring, 10k. This alleviated some of the problems with the bottoming out but since the spring is to stiff it doesn't sit as low as it did with the 6k. My rear gap is about 3 fingers, just where I wanted them. If I wanted to go lower I'd have to remove 1. the locking ring and/or 2. the adjustment ring. Removing them shouldn't be a big deal since it would just bottom out on the spring perch.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o i called megan yesterday and they told me that they had some issue with the rear coilovers for the TC and that to call them back next week because they ordered some replacement part for them...
Old 03-06-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok heres the issue with the megan coilovers....i called and asked and they told me that there on the development of new rear coilovers because the ones that i have now are too long and in a couple of weeks they will have new and improved rear coilovers
Old 03-06-2008, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hopefully they replace them for free. But that just goes to show you the quality of the suspension you are buying and the lack of R&D that companies like Megan and others alike have.

Good luck with that.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Wow.....I have problems with mine...which I sold to a friend and he is having issues. My issue was that when I first bought them when they first came out, the rear spring was to soft, which ened up completely compressing together. The car road like sh*t since there was NO suspension travel. I called Megan and they said they were working on a solution and it would be a couple of weeks...well i ended up getting some Hotchkis springs and TRD struts for a really good deal to hold me off until Megan could fix the issue with the rears...Megan eventually sent me some new rear springs, and some new shocks...but I ended up traded in my tC for a new xB before I could try them on.....so the coilovers sat in my garage until I sold them to a friend. He installed them thinking the problem would be fixed and yet with the new spring and shock, the same thing happened again...complete compression of the new springs and as of right now I am back at them again waiting for more springs and new shocks to replace these........
Old 03-06-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad that there are thread like these to perfectly showcase the immense lack of research and development companies like Megan, KSport, and D2 seem to have. They basically take dimensions of of the coilover, get a company in some third world land to make them with zero to no quality control, and just add some spring rates that will sound nice.

I remember a thread a few months ago about someone that couldn't lower their Ksports anymore and they where having almost an identical problem as this.

I would sell them and just buy a different product.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o i love my megans...i love how when i put the damping on soft it feels like stock shocks and not like a pogo stick and when i set the damping to hard it's really stiff...the only issue i have is the ride height....o and i have a pair to 10k shocks and springs for the megan rear coilovers(very brand new never put it on...the shop that i bought the coilovers from gave me a replacement...i would gladly sell it if yours is too soft...)