Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

My experiance with Eibach

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 04:14 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My experiance with Eibach

Alreight, here it goessss Eibach springs, the prokits.

and my story: This morning 11 AM i pull up to the body shop all happy, giddy and a little ___, i was getting my car lowered. i didn't have the tools nor the resources so i could not do it at home, oh well. this shop was cool enough to let me help and watch. So, i pull up to the shop, and announce that i am present for the installation of my eibach prokit springs. YAY. no. no yay. The whole process was a disaster. Taking everything off was much mroe complicated than they thought it would be...in a guide it said that you would only have to take off some bolts and nuts and BAM the whole set up would slip right out. thats not what happened. it took them 1 hour to get the front drivers side strut out. granted, it wqas their first tc...( so i broke their tcherry) anyways. so it took them an hour to get that one out. which at the time i was paying by the hour HAH. so after they got that out, they went to get the others, which obviously went a little smoother....but then they put the eibach springs on....heres the kicker. when they put the springs on they had the bushings just chillin where its supposed to be, yet after they finished all four struts and put the wheels back on, a simple drive around the block provided us with what at the time sounded like snare drums beating in your head, apparently the rear eibach springs caused the top of the strut to hit the car at every single imperfection in the road, that being the case they decided to cut up the stock bushing and put it at the top of the strut, hoping it would reduce the knock. it did not. at that point the time was already 4 PM. i have been there for 5 hours. at 86 dollars an hour. i was going to DIE. in which they decided to relook at everything and measure everything up to see the best possible way to fix it. apparently. the bushing provides no use whatsoever, we took it out. and it works PERFECT. ah. by the time they finished everything it was already 6, dark outside, and i was annoyed by eibach. fun.

i drove away a weird annoyed yet happy camper.

thats my story. end scene. was that too much?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1 hour to remove one strut, they are taking their sweet a$$ time for that 86 bucks an hour. I can take all 4 struts out of the car in 1 hour.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol I dunno who did it for you but dang......1 hour for just 1 strut. I wouldn't trust them with my car.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:57 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i forgot to add in the end he decided to only charge me for 2 hours because it took so long haha

good people. they were figuring it out while doing it so i give them credit for that
Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member

I'm doing my Eibach Pro-kit springs this weekend, so this story is... um... comforting. I am however doing this in a garage with my roomate who did Hotchkis springs on a tC about a year ago with no problems, so he'll be able to help out with some experience.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

just did my springs last week.......only took 2 hours and was pretty easy.....and don't think it's a good idea to have no bushings......
Old 02-08-2007, 08:51 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt think it was either, so i asked them and apparently. they trimmed the bushing.. -shrug it feels good. so. yea.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

eibachs rock!!!!

but there arent many of SL members that have em'.

they look good with my 18's
Old 02-13-2007, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got my prokit on my self, yes it took me a few hours to do it. but the ride was fine.

those guys are morons
Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my friend did it for me in the garage... our first time. Just looking at the DIY it took a while.

The front struts were easy, no problem there. It was a _____ to get the rears in right....

BTW I also had the clanking problem with my rear spring... you really should get your bushing back in there.

1) I cut mine too, but eibach has bushings for you with the springs you could have used.

2) The clanking noise happens cuz a metal washer was placed upside down. My suggestion is to put the bushing back in there and just make sure the washer is in the right place.

Tell the shop to put the bushing back in because you found out it's useful. Tell them to do it for free or you'll sue them. hahaha.... it's the american way
Old 02-14-2007, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i got pro-kits too...2 hours...i brought mine to my friends school they mafe my car as a project...and boom free installation!!!!hahahahaha
Old 02-15-2007, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, you got screwd by amateur mechanics bro.

i put mine on in my buddy's garage late nite. sure it took a while, and there were some tricky parts...but if you know what you're doing its pretty straightforward.

mine don't make any noise.

my guess is that the spring isn't lined up correctly in its mount grooves. its wiggling a bit ever time the chassis rebounds.

i can't think of any "metal washer" in the entire strut/spring assembly....

contrary to a previous post, i don't remember there being any bushings from eibach.

what bushings r u talking about..the bump stops????
Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is a problem with the shop, not Eibach... you should have changed your heading to the name of the shop... those guys definately were not the brightest crayons in the box... A friend of mine has eibach and they are nice, and no modifications were made to anything. They went in smooth. And, why a body shop and not a performance shop? Unless it's both... but I wouldn't take my car to a tire shop for an oil change if you know what I mean...
Old 02-16-2007, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member

My Eibach springs just went on and I'm having the same problem with the rear springs. My kit didn't come with rear bumpstop replacements, and I have no idea what the problem is. A troubleshoot is being initiated this weekend but I'm very stumped as to what the actual fix is for this.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:15 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in hte box i got, there were bump stops. which were put in. and bushings. with metal in it. and thats what made the sound. isn't that whaat i stated?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:17 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by "TrueSlide" And, why a [b
body shop[/b] and not a performance shop? Unless it's both... but I wouldn't take my car to a tire shop for an oil change if you know what I mean...
My bad, performance shop.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yah it's wat you stated, I meant to say there's a certain way the bushings go in. If you put them in upside down there will be clanking. if you flip it, the sound should go away. from my experience that is.

I just don' think taking it out is the best way to go
Old 02-17-2007, 07:33 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree, i wasn't too fond of the whole taking out thing either. and they DID put it back in so im content on that part. the thing that gets me is when people started to blame the shop. not their fault. i don't blame them. and honestly. they aren't a huge big shop. its just a little tiny shop that helps people out with cars. hell they dont' even charge that much. its one of vegas's secrets.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member

any lowering spring install is going to take the same amount of time its just based on how experianced the shop is on the car they are working on. it only took my shop 30 min to do both fronts but i had to help them do the rear since the nuts were hidden under paneling.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
in hte box i got, there were bump stops. which were put in. and bushings. with metal in it. and thats what made the sound. isn't that whaat i stated?
do you have pro kits or sportlines?? because i got my pro kit set from a Speed Shop, reputable Eibach dealer/retailer....and there were NO bumpstops or bushings in the box. Just springs.

this whole situation as you describe it seems pretty weird. First you're trying to rag on eibach for a crappy install job, now you're defending the shop doing a crappy job by saying they're a small operation that doesn't really specialize in performance upgrade installs.

either way, i can assure you...eibach has no blame here.

Quick Reply: My experiance with Eibach