Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

OEM Brake Pad Replacement Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OEM Brake Pad Replacement Recommendations

I probably need to replace my OEM brakes for my 2005 tc. What is the generally recommended OEM brake pad replacement option now days.

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randompacking
I probably need to replace my OEM brakes for my 2005 tc. What is the generally recommended OEM brake pad replacement option now days.

Thanks.
Too many out there to list bud... depends on what automotive parts store you have in your area... you can go cheap with the $30 pads or go more expensive to the $60 range...

Just depends on how you drive your car and what needs you have from it... I beat on mine and I know I need to have the stopping power so ill spend the extra $$ for better pads. Heck... just upgraded my lines to SSB's from Dezod!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember a while back when I was following this forum that dezod was the place to go to get good parts. Is it still the place of choice?

Which of these pads would be the best OEM pad replacements? The C-teks look very reasonably priced. Are they good? I recall people like the posi-quiets too.
http://www.dezod.com/cat-brake-pads.cfm
Old 01-30-2014, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randompacking
I remember a while back when I was following this forum that dezod was the place to go to get good parts. Is it still the place of choice?

Which of these pads would be the best OEM pad replacements? The C-teks look very reasonably priced. Are they good? I recall people like the posi-quiets too.
http://www.dezod.com/cat-brake-pads.cfm
mark my words... I wont go ANYWHERE else but Dezod!!! Paul has been more than helpful and accommodating with me... and countless other customers as you will read on this forum. He will definitely be the best for your needs!!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

And call!!! Ive sat on the phone with Paul just asking questions and gaining knowledge regarding a forced induction system... and recently my left front caliper crapped the bed...

I just received and installed the Dezod stainless steel braided lines from Paul. Unbelievable difference so far...