Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

pollyurethane bushings modification for trd rear sway

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default pollyurethane bushings modification for trd rear sway

ok so i dont know if anyone has tried this but please chime in with any information or possible ideas...i have a trd rear sway bar and the energy suspension master bushing set, when i was installing the bar i tried to put the poly bushings on and they were too small 18mm i think is stock bar size...anyhow my bushings are 2 small for the trd bar, long story short the only drill bit i can find for wood/metal/plastic in the 22mm range is on ebay and other various parts stores, and all of them have to be shipped from china.

first of all will drilling them out make them less effective than the rubber bushings it comes with? is it even possible to drill these out? b/c it has the split in it to go around the bar or am i just gonna chew it up beyond repair and end up trashing it anyway?
Old 01-07-2014, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Taintstick
ok so i dont know if anyone has tried this but please chime in with any information or possible ideas...i have a trd rear sway bar and the energy suspension master bushing set, when i was installing the bar i tried to put the poly bushings on and they were too small 18mm i think is stock bar size...anyhow my bushings are 2 small for the trd bar, long story short the only drill bit i can find for wood/metal/plastic in the 22mm range is on ebay and other various parts stores, and all of them have to be shipped from china.

first of all will drilling them out make them less effective than the rubber bushings it comes with? is it even possible to drill these out? b/c it has the split in it to go around the bar or am i just gonna chew it up beyond repair and end up trashing it anyway?
Did you ever get this worked out?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually I did...I bought a 22mm (wood/plastic/metal) drill bit from China. Then I C-clamped both bushings together flat side against flat side, using the brackets where the bolt goes through to position the C-clamp. After that i held the C-clamps while my buddy drilled them out with a drill press.