Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Progress sway bar installed: Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Progress sway bar installed: Questions

Okay, after a little worry, I got my progress rear sway bar installed. I have a few questions now.

1) After installing the bar, I torqued the new bushings down to 35 ft.lbs as the directions stated. Does this sound good to those of you who have installed your own rear sway bars? Just double checking

2) I the part that connects the sway bar (where you adjust the 3 bar settings) to the rest of the suspension setup is called what? (Note: Progress replaces the stock part with their own piece(s)) And, because the directions did not specify how tight these bolts should be torqued, i followed the TRD FAQ and torqued them at 32 ft.lbs Does this sound correct?

3) Lastly, this connector piece between the sway bar and 'rest of suspension setup' was adjustable. I have the piece sized smallest so it would bolt up about as straight as possible. One side shrank as far as allowed while the other side was a hair larger (just wouldn't shrink up any more for some reason). Is this something to worry about?

I drove the car about 10 miles to and back from town with a few small thown bumpy roads thrown in jsut to make sure stuff didn't fall apart on me. Seems fine. Gonna visually inspect tomarrow as i rotate my tires and make sure stuff is still tight.

Any comments would gladly be appreciated. Advice from those who have done the progress would be best as they can sympathize with my exact setup. This is my first time tweaking with the suspension of a car in any detail. Yay. I'm all ears.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The adjustable parts you are talking about are the endlinks and all your torque settings should be fine. If you have any concerns about the end link length, you can always just use the stock peices with no problems.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

werd. Thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Oh, one last thing, I noticed one of my stock end links, after finally getting it off, was leaking a little grease. Is that normal?

Should I grease the new progress end links?