Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

rear sway bar ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default rear sway bar ???

where does it go and how do u install it ? im confused as s***!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: rear sway bar ???

Originally Posted by 09crimsontc
where does it go and how do u install it ? im confused as s***!
it attaches to the end-links..and depending on what bar you get has some adjustment in it. Fairly easy to install the rear sway. When you are disconnecting suspension parts...it's not a bad idea to have the alignment checked afterwards.

Here are a couple links to give you an idea of how/where an aftermarket rear sway looks on the tC. the YouTube clip below is for taking one off...but it shows the location of where it attaches in the first place.
Hope that helps you some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgR9jfVtojg
Old 06-28-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your the man
Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

anytime bro....
These are just a couple of links I found online to show you. I actually have both front and rear Hotchkis sways on mine and Hotchkis lowering plus a TRD front strut tower brace. I've built cars for many years.... the rear sway is a pretty easy install...just follow the directions and then get it aligned. The front...makes a big difference too..but unless you have the experience like me... have a shop do it...as you have to drop the entire front subframe of the car to install it.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is that for the front or rear sway bar(the subframe drop). and i was watching this video and the sway bar broke the dudes frame. is the trd a strong sway bar. cause im gonna be hittin corners fast as ____. lol and i dont plan on getting a front sway bar relly mostly just rear sway and front strut bar. can i install the front strut bar on my stock strut setup?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 09crimsontc
is that for the front or rear sway bar(the subframe drop). and i was watching this video and the sway bar broke the dudes frame. is the trd a strong sway bar. cause im gonna be hittin corners fast as poop. lol and i dont plan on getting a front sway bar relly mostly just rear sway and front strut bar. can i install the front strut bar on my stock strut setup?
well the Hotchkis is one of the thickest/strongest aftermarket sways you can buy... and generally wont rob your wallet so bad you're beggin for change on the corner.

And as for the subframe drop... ONLY the front requires that. The rear is pretty easy.. just remove your muffler stock or aftermarket from the axle back point only. Makes for taking out the stock rear sway and installing the new one much easier.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got ya. does a front strut bar make a differnce? or not worth havin it. is the hotchkis heavy im not tryin to add pounnds to car i wanna make it lighter if possible
Old 06-28-2009, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL you start threads like no other

the weight isnt gonna be that much different from your stock sways. You should only get the rear sway bars and yes it does make a difference. Major difference? I cant say but it makes an improvement none the less. If your worried about weight, remove your rear seats and your spare tire.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like my threads huh! nah peoplle sit in the seats. lol and i kinda need that tire incase i breakdown cause if i use fixaflat it ____s my warrenty up. and i am only gonna get the rear sway and the front strut brace it makes the engine look alot better
Old 06-28-2009, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm...you still so young....how bout you save yourself the trouble and not do anything to your ride because your most likely gonna sell it. But if you dont decide to sell it, save your money up and get a turbo kit. Really..all the money I spent on my ride already, I could have gotten a turbo. Hmm...silly me.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah heres what im doin. im still in highschool gotta beat all these ____ talkin mustangs ect ect. so when this 09 scm tcs paid off im gettin the same exact one in stick! but im putting all the oem parts back on this one and transferin the aftermarket parts to the stick one and possibally turbo it.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL if you have enough money to buy another tC..why dont you just buy a used sti or evo. It will cost you less, AWD, and it walks Mustangs everyday. Trust me, your views are gonna change. Your too young right now to understand what I mean but when the time comes, when your tC is paid off..you wont want it anymore because your eyes will be set on another vehicle that is a different platform. Trust me and mark my words.

But if you must start with the modding then I suggest you make this tC very clean.

1. No body kits
2. Lip Kit is fine
3. No intake
4. No header
5. No exhaust unless its Dezod
6. Nice quality rims (NO motegi, Rota, and etc) (Yes Volks, Works, etc)
7. Good alarm to protect the nice quality rims
8. Coils, Sways, Struts for awesome handling. (NO K-Sport or crappy suspension)
9. HIDs 6000K below if you havent gotten some already
10. VRD grills and fogs if you can afford em

Just keep it clean and simple. Auto cars are great for cruising and nothing more. Make sure you keep it nice and simple. A car does not need a lot of power to be awesome. Light weight and great handling can be a substitute for power.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

^^ I agree with you there Domo... and the only times I find myself wishing I was driving an auto is in big cities in that crazy stop and go traffic.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree with you dezo but i like to mod my car as much as i can. i would like to eventually enter some car shows once my tcs modded enough. i do understand what ur saying about the stis and evos. but technally this isnt my car its relly my gpops sence the carloans under his name but he did give the car to me. soo after this is done im gonna get a stick cause my insurance wil probaly be the same. i would get a sti or evo but my insurances is gonna be out the ___. and i hate switching from car to car i went on this m3 kick for awhyle learned all about then and ended up getin a tc wich i knew nothing about. but thanks to you guys on here ive learned alot and i thank you all for that. i do agree somewhat with your list . im not getting a body kit even though some of them are pretty nice(mostly cause my drive way is steap). im gonna get a i/h//e just to emprove my performance slightly.i have tork revo rims wich i got used for 400 for all 4(only flaw was 2 or 3 light light scratch on the chrome lip. i plan on getting htecs cause i think the drop looks nasty., i cant stand the standerd height its like a 3 foot gap.i do plan on getting 6k hids and vrd fog lights in the furute/ listen i got a quick question might as well put in this. where the vrd fog lights would go can i take them plastic pieces out and put mesh in there so my CAI gets cooler air when i get it ?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow i just listend to the dezod exhaust its throaty and deep as anything! sounds nice as hell. but i have a megan axleback right now. too quiet i cant stand it. im sellin it for like 185 and getting a tsudo catback and then a invida or megan downpipe. and maby a thrush or some aftermarket resonator even without headers i dont like rasp at allllllll
Old 06-28-2009, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would leave the plastic pieces in opening up wont do much the CAI im general adds unnoticable power, but add a nice sound IMO.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

idkkk my man ive seen some dyno charts and they deffently show a improvement. and ive driven cars with and without a intake. 06 mustang v6 with and without a CAI and throttlebody spacer. the CAI made a big difference .
Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ the mustang is also a v6 and not a 4 banger sir.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes i know that lol. but ive driven predlues befor and after and even a corola i believe?
Old 06-28-2009, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was reading about someone who took the plastic piece off the vrd fog light cover and put a tube with a piece of mesh in front of it to stop any unwanted things from going inside it from the empty space to his shortram injen intake. would that be a good idea?

Quick Reply: rear sway bar ???