Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/)
-   -   Tein H-Tech vs S-Tech (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/tein-h-tech-vs-s-tech-23669/)

PunkInDrublic 04-25-2005 06:05 AM

Tein H-Tech vs S-Tech

I'm debating about both of these springs, and I'm torn on which to pick, can someone please tell me the pros and cons of each, and also the life expectancy of stock shocks with both the springs.

What, besides the drop amount, is the difference between H-tech and the S-tech? Would one perform better than the other? Is one made for racing while one is just for show/style?

Thanks in advance!

reagulator 04-25-2005 07:13 AM

S-techs are stiffer then the H-techs. But there are stiffer springs availiable for the tC

Fm_Tc_In_Ma 04-25-2005 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by reagulator
S-techs are stiffer then the H-techs. But there are stiffer springs availiable for the tC

Pardon this dumb question, but I am a complete automotive newb. When you say the S-techs are "stiffer" then the H-techs, does that mean that there is less bounce when you go over cracks, bumps, etc?

aznJ 04-25-2005 04:50 PM

The S-techs do not compress as easily when you turn as the h-techs do, so you get less body roll. When going over bumps, the H-techs in theory would have a smoother ride. Any bounce you would feel would be from the springs being reaallly stiff or bad shocks, which would not allow the shocks to absorb and slow down the movement to prevent the bounce. Our shocks are brand new and the drop that the s-techs or h-techs have is not too drastic so isn't too much of a problem. To sum it up, I have s-techs and i love them, the ride is stiff, but still really smooth. you jsut have to worry about curbs and large speed bumps and such

PunkInDrublic 04-26-2005 10:35 PM

Hmm, after the springs settle, do the S-Techs make the wheels tuck?

Kamikazi 04-26-2005 11:10 PM

When TEIN springs settle, you will hardly notice the difference, they are a higher quality of spring.

Get the TEIN basic coilovers if you are looking for stiffening your ride for racing. Springs are only good for the street, and looking cool, no-matter what brand or how stiff they are.

insanetc 04-27-2005 03:03 AM

i have the s tech aswell an dlove them probably the best springs i have installed in any of y cars...around corners these hold up i took a corner at 65 to see how it felt and no body roll at all feels smooth..the only thing i have noticed is my rear wheels have cambered out alittle lucky for me my bro is a bmw mechanic and he is fixing them 2morrow...but you do have to be careful of speed bumps and things but overall i recommend these springs...the stock shocks are ok but im getting the tein shocks just to have and be safe...

Kamikazi 04-27-2005 02:34 PM

TEIN shocks ????

insanetc 04-27-2005 03:41 PM

sorry i know thhey dont make shocks but i ment the damper kit..should help an dbe a nice ride..??

TheBlade 04-27-2005 04:17 PM

Installed my S-Tech's yesterday..WOW AMAZING ride quality for sitting so low. Looks amazing too. I'm really happy with my purchase

insanetc 04-27-2005 04:22 PM

yah i know i love my s-tech doesnt it look sick its so smooth..

PunkInDrublic 04-27-2005 10:08 PM

I'm sold, S-techs it is!

insanetc 04-28-2005 02:16 AM

AWESOME...good luck youll love them

Schuller 04-28-2005 04:38 AM

Installed tein s today.

Drove the car 2 hours with tein s and noticed the car brakes better, accelerates better, rides solid and not stiff or harsh. NO WORRIES. All around better ride. Never heard a complaint about tein s. I now want the tein ss coilovers. Don't be parenoid about upgrading you suspention. Not to low at all. Front to rear ratio drop is perfect. Tein s seems to be a good fit for the tc. :clap: :clap:

PunkInDrublic 04-28-2005 04:41 AM

One last question, with the S-techs, how long do you think my shocks will last before I'll need to buy new ones?

Take into account I already have 7,000 miles on them.

Schuller 04-28-2005 04:50 AM

Its obvios the shocks are working harder to control the tein s springs. i would guess half the life they would normaly last with normal driving. Just in time to upgrade to the new shocks awaiting to be released to us. I think it depends on the roads you drive on.

insanetc 04-28-2005 04:19 PM

yah it does depend on the roads..but i noticed it does acc better too...but i do like how perfect the drop is aswell...i have 8200 and mine are fine but im changing them out soon...

Sal803 04-28-2005 10:48 PM

got my s-techs put on today..i love them! lol

insanetc 04-30-2005 03:53 AM

sweet!!!!

Xo_BaBy_SciOn_oX 05-03-2005 01:35 AM

hey just put on my s-tech tein springs def a good choice i love them give a nice ride too for being low