Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/)
-   -   Tein H-Tech vs S-Tech (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/tein-h-tech-vs-s-tech-23669/)

Eiso 05-05-2005 09:52 PM

Seems a lot of ppl have s-tech, but dont you guys think its a bit too low? I have seen quite some pics w/ s-tech, car seems too low! Anyone hit their head yet while getting in or out of parking lots? :ponder:

Greg2385 05-06-2005 09:33 PM

I also think the drop might be a little too much. I have a stock tC with 2500 mi. and my weelgap is about 3 inches. The s-tech's drop the front 2.4 and the rear 2.0. Tat means your only gonna have about one half inch wheelgap in the front. Thats less then one fingerlenght.

You will also have to replace your shocks pretty quick. You won't have to worry about that by getting springs which give you less of a drop like the TRD Springs(1.25 in.)
Also i think if you get TRD your warranty wont be voided.

Eiso 05-06-2005 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by | Greg2385 |
I also think the drop might be a little too much. I have a stock tC with 2500 mi. and my weelgap is about 3 inches. The s-tech's drop the front 2.4 and the rear 2.0. Tat means your only gonna have about one half inch wheelgap in the front. Thats less then one fingerlenght.

You will also have to replace your shocks pretty quick. You won't have to worry about that by getting springs which give you less of a drop like the TRD Springs(1.25 in.)
Also i think if you get TRD your warranty wont be voided.

HIGH FIVE! :clap:
I'm getting the package of TRD SPRINGS and TRD REAR SWAY BAR from "Mc"Donald :P

M-Flo 05-06-2005 10:01 PM

Posted in the xA/BxB corner carver section:

Originally Posted by NISMOZ33
Tein S-Tech are generally Linier Front and Progressive rear in most cases...

Tein H-Tech are genearlly progressive front and rear...

The S-Tech's have a shorter spring stroke making for less body roll and lean while not being to aggressive of a spring rate and usually smoothens up the ride while keeping it more responsive...

The H-Tech's generally have a slightly longer spring stroke which keeps the ride smoother but can add or will alow for as much body roll and lean as the stock springs... while making for a more luxury smooth ride...

fivepointnine 05-06-2005 10:54 PM

I have S-techs, I have to watch going up driveways, etc with the front lip, but the ride is awesome, I have less than 1 fingers gap in the front and about 1 and 1/2 in the rear, I would buy them again without question

m_o_o_s_e 05-08-2005 08:41 PM

so, why didnt you just go straight for the coilovers if you already knew that your stock shocks werent going to last.

PunkInDrublic 05-08-2005 08:43 PM

Give me some money and I will.

tooCool 05-08-2005 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by PunkInDrublic
Give me some money and I will.

:rofl: word.

m_o_o_s_e 05-09-2005 04:51 AM

oh, its cause i'm a money saver =D. if i know i'd eventually get coils i'd rather work a few more weeks to get it

PunkInDrublic 05-09-2005 04:53 AM

No point in spending ~$800 for non adjustable dampners on the tein basic coilovers. And no way in hell is an 18 year old buying the Tein SS Coils.

bubblemyster 05-09-2005 05:29 AM

how long do the shocks/struts usually last. Im talking about OEM ones. I am waiting for them to blow before i buy replacements.

insanetc 05-10-2005 02:04 AM

see the whole point of dropping a car is so that peopel notice a kid around here has the trd springs and i parked next to him and people noticed my drop b4 his and people asked him "is your tc dropped" so i rather spend a few bucks and have ppl notice...i havent scrapped or anything yet....but the s-techs are deff the better choice in my opinion....

fivepointnine 05-10-2005 02:21 AM

same deal here, a guy where I work has a SSM TC like mine thats lowered on TRD's with stockers and mine is lowered on S-techs with 18's, people notice and comment on my car WAAAYYYYY more, they think his is bone stock when in reality it is not.

PunkInDrublic 05-10-2005 02:27 AM

Actually the point of a drop is to lower the center of gravity, allowing for better cornering, also the stiffer springs reduce body roll.

The aesthetics are just an added bonus to it.

insanetc 05-10-2005 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by PunkInDrublic
Actually the point of a drop is to lower the center of gravity, allowing for better cornering, also the stiffer springs reduce body roll.

The aesthetics are just an added bonus to it.

obviously :clap: .....yah but in all its about what people and others think of your car...like i said i rather spend a few bucks more and have the quality and the looks....