Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TEIN S-tech COIL SPRINGS ARE ON!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

eh BrownBanana...

You get ur springs installed yet?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

nope not yet , hopefully sometime this weekend though..so the back sits lower than the front?? i cant really tell from the pics though, hope the front is a tad bit lower than rear
Old 12-18-2004, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by brownbanana
nope not yet , hopefully sometime this weekend though..so the back sits lower than the front?? i cant really tell from the pics though, hope the front is a tad bit lower than rear
After measuring both the front and back...they both are sitting about 25". The front springs haven't moved much...but I'm not doubting it will settle further.

I went from being able to stick 4 fingers between the fender and the wheel, now, I can get about a finger now...
Old 12-18-2004, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member

I think I got more drop than that out of the Tein's. I'll remeasure tomorrow if I think of it. Here is a picture the same day they were installed, It doesn't seem like it's settled much since (1 week).
I'm also rubbing quite a bit, I'll be trimming plastic tomorrow to see if I can help it. I guess I was too aggressive with the +35mm offset wheels. I love the way it looks though, sits just slightly lower in the front than back. Rides nice, I don't really know how it handles because I'm afraid to push it until I get the rubbing fixed.

Thanks to Vitek @ Kozz for the springs and install.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Great pic Johnny! :D

What exactly is rubbing? Are those 18's?...I wouldn't think that they'd rub... :?
The offset on my wheels are +35 in the front and +40 in the rear? I've driven the car quite abit since I've had it lowered, and so far...I haven't' heard or felt anything to raise question?

Lemme know..

One more thing...after your install, you didn't happen to have a problem with your rear brake pad 'cliking' on hard breaking did you?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by BigKid
Great pic Johnny! :D

What exactly is rubbing? Are those 18's?...I wouldn't think that they'd rub... :?
The offset on my wheels are +35 in the front and +40 in the rear? I've driven the car quite abit since I've had it lowered, and so far...I haven't' heard or felt anything to raise question?

Lemme know..

One more thing...after your install, you didn't happen to have a problem with your rear brake pad 'cliking' on hard breaking did you?
Rubbing the outermost edge of the tires on the plastic wheelwell liner (front and back) over decent sized dips in the road. Also rubs the outermost highest point of the tire on the highest point of the front wheelwell when I pull into the driveway (wheels cranked all the way left and hit the bump on the driveway) if I'm not careful.

Wheels are 18x17.5 35mm offset, tires are 225/40/18. If I can't clear enough plastic away, I'll probably go to 225/35 or 215/40 next time.

No noise from brakes, either.
One question, BigKid---Did you cut the bumpstops down at all? I think Vitek did on mine. Might make a difference, also.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by johnny
Rubbing the outermost edge of the tires on the plastic wheelwell liner (front and back) over decent sized dips in the road. Also rubs the outermost highest point of the tire on the highest point of the front wheelwell when I pull into the driveway (wheels cranked all the way left and hit the bump on the driveway) if I'm not careful.

Wheels are 18x17.5 35mm offset, tires are 225/40/18. If I can't clear enough plastic away, I'll probably go to 225/35 or 215/40 next time.

No noise from brakes, either.
One question, BigKid---Did you cut the bumpstops down at all? I think Vitek did on mine. Might make a difference, also.
Still doesnt' make any sense??? Thats really award I can't why it would rub...I'm running an 8" wheel all the way around. The overall difference in your set up and mine is only 9/10th of an inch. Thats nutt'in...

*scratched head* :? I don't have a clue?

I dont remember if the trimmed the bumpstops or not, but after looking through the brief install sheet...they should have according to the chart.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member

What size tires?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by johnny
What size tires?
215/35-19 compared to a 225/40-18 difference in dia. is only .9"
Old 12-18-2004, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member

Hmmm.
8" wide with 40mm offset should be almost identical to 7.5" with 35mm. You should be about 1/16 farther out, if anything. Check your bumpstops, if you get a chance. Also, I think the diam. difference is only like .1" or so, If I'm calculating right.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey man what did u mean when u said something about a balljoint budget? car looks awsome, seeing all these pics of TCs on 19s makes me want those axis finish stagerred wheels more!....so mine would def no rub at all since im on trd springs and id be getting the axis finish wheels staggered right?
Old 12-18-2004, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by blue ink tc
hey man what did u mean when u said something about a balljoint budget? car looks awsome, seeing all these pics of TCs on 19s makes me want those axis finish stagerred wheels more!....so mine would def no rub at all since im on trd springs and id be getting the axis finish wheels staggered right?
What I meant by that comment is that you'd have to be replacing ur ball joints, from the severe wear and tear you'll be causing riding that low if the tC sat that low.

Theres a good chance you still might have to roll ur rear fenders like Alex did on his ride. But hes has the 2" GoldLines. It will also depend on the tire size(s) you go with.

So ur thinkin about the 'Finish' huh...I see how it is....LOL j/k
Old 12-18-2004, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he roller his fenders!? damnit see that i didnt know, thing is i want some sweet ___ rims for my ride like i keep seeing on all the TCs i keep seeing with 19s...im know i can afford the rims, with the prices ive seen on 18 and 19s really no big diff...tires are what gots me worried and also riding on such a lil rubberband, so im leaning on buying some 19s only for special ocasions and rolling on my stocks for daily use...i wana jump on 19s only after i find a good price on tires for them and after im sure the offset or whatever set of rims i get isnt going to rub at all on my tc with the trds
Old 12-18-2004, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice drop man. It seriously made your car look 100 times better.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member

my co-worker has his slammed on coilovers and 19's with no rubbing.....car looks super sweet