Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tein S Tech Springs on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member

Default Tein S Tech Springs on the way!

So I decided instead of cheaping out on coilovers I would just go with a quality spring to achieve my goal of being lower in my dd. I never wanted to slam my car anyways... So I'll be joining the "S Tech club" soon! Any last minute advice from people who have them already before they get here? (yes I've used the search bar so I don't need someone to tell me there are plenty of threads, I'm fully aware. I'm asking for a conversational purpose which can't be achieved from a thread from 2009.)
Old 02-12-2014, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill chime in!! I absolutely LOVE these spings!! changed the ride perfectly and makes the car sit exactly where I need it to be for my location... any snow however, over 4 inches... and im stuck! Hahahaha

The ride quality is what you would expect, makes the car act more aggressively in the turns and you can get "into" her a bit more than on stock... just need to stiffen up the chassis tho... that would be the next step IMO.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
Ill chime in!! I absolutely LOVE these spings!! changed the ride perfectly and makes the car sit exactly where I need it to be for my location... any snow however, over 4 inches... and im stuck! Hahahaha

The ride quality is what you would expect, makes the car act more aggressively in the turns and you can get "into" her a bit more than on stock... just need to stiffen up the chassis tho... that would be the next step IMO.
Lol. yeah I live in Ohio and so far this winter the snow has been RIDICULOUS along with the polar vortex or whatever they call the stupid cold we've had.. Even though I ordered them last night, I likely won't install them until after February to try to avoid getting stuck in snow, I've had enough troubles with my driveway at stock height... Next year I'll be screwed but, OH WELL. As far as what's next, that'll be wheels. This is a daily driver and always will be, so I'm not doing TOO much to it. But, of course the project never really ends.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tscionc08
This is a daily driver and always will be, so I'm not doing TOO much to it. But, of course the project never really ends.
That's the spirit!!! Hahaha NO matter WHAT anyone drives... you will ALWAYS upgrade something!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

S-Techs for the win for sure.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tscionc08
Lol. yeah I live in Ohio and so far this winter the snow has been RIDICULOUS along with the polar vortex or whatever they call the stupid cold we've had.. Even though I ordered them last night, I likely won't install them until after February to try to avoid getting stuck in snow, I've had enough troubles with my driveway at stock height... Next year I'll be screwed but, OH WELL. As far as what's next, that'll be wheels. This is a daily driver and always will be, so I'm not doing TOO much to it. But, of course the project never really ends.
Where in Ohio are you? I'm located in Columbus, and yes we have been hammered with snow this winter! I myself have been on S Techs, and have not gotten stuck anywhere (knock on wood). I do have a front lip on the car that I remove for the winter months because it WILL be cracked by the time spring arrives from plowing snow and hitting ***** of ice/snow in the middle of the road lol.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by FlintMica17
Where in Ohio are you? I'm located in Columbus, and yes we have been hammered with snow this winter! I myself have been on S Techs, and have not gotten stuck anywhere (knock on wood). I do have a front lip on the car that I remove for the winter months because it WILL be cracked by the time spring arrives from plowing snow and hitting ***** of ice/snow in the middle of the road lol.
I'm over in Lima right now, but like I said on cstc I'm trying to move to the cbus area.