Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tokico Blues

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Tokico Blues

Hey, is anybody running these? I am thinking about getting these along with some sort of lowering spring. Trying to piece together a better setup than stock without blowing out the wallet (aka coilovers). I already have the progress swaybar, not installed yet.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

get these with tein stechs
Old 07-21-2010, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

btw they're great
Old 07-21-2010, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool! Were they easy to install? I read the Koni Yellow Tech guide on here and was like, damn, that's a lot of drilling, draining, etc. Do the Tokico's come prepped already so you just add the spring, compress, bolt on strut mounts, then bolt to car? Obviously making it sound easier than it is but you get the point!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
Cool! Were they easy to install? I read the Koni Yellow Tech guide on here and was like, damn, that's a lot of drilling, draining, etc. Do the Tokico's come prepped already so you just add the spring, compress, bolt on strut mounts, then bolt to car? Obviously making it sound easier than it is but you get the point!
DING DING! You are correct! They are basically ready to go, compress the spring onto the struts and place the stock top mounts on the tokicos and you are ready to go! Heres a great DIY. Even though it's a TRD set up, the installation is the same for tokicos. Have you picked out aftermarket springs?

http://www.club-tc.com/forums/suspen...k-install.html

Last edited by 0kin; 07-21-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

yup.......pretty cake to install get em
Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what I wanted to hear. I have done some research on springs but not enough to reach a final decision. I don't want too low so I was thinking Eibach Pros but probably not. I have read some good stuff on Swift springs but going after Tein's is not a bad idea, especially since they are proven over and over again.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

depends how low u wanna go........if u want slammed low get coilovers but the lowest you go with springs would be stechs
Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be honest, not really too low. Like I said, the drop of the pros would be enough but the Swift springs so awesome! I just don't want to have to buy adjustable camber plates, etc because I went too low. So, I guess I will be okay with Swift to get my alignment back to near factory settings.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

with any drop you get you'll need an alignment no matter what to fix your ish.........i'm on stech right now with negative camber and my wear is even.....as long as your toe is on point you should be good
Old 07-21-2010, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Perfect...Thanks! So much stuff to think about and consider before making a purchase! S-techs have over a 2" drop don't they?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

2 in the front 2.4 in the back
Old 07-22-2010, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome! I think I will definitely be getting the Tokico's soon (hopefully) and I will do a little more research for springs. The stock suspension is awful. The amt of body roll is a joke and you cannot take a corner worth a damn. I cannot wait to get all this stuff put on my car!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm debating between Swifts and H&R Sports to put on Tokicos, let us know what you choose and how you like it!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will let you know but it might be awhile until i get everything. Maybe around fall. Kind of hot right now
Old 07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

well i have these shocks with tein stechs......ride is great........ good combo
Old 07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by carben100
I'm debating between Swifts and H&R Sports to put on Tokicos, let us know what you choose and how you like it!
H&R of the two you mentioned. Swift = trash
Old 07-23-2010, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
awesome! I think I will definitely be getting the Tokico's soon (hopefully) and I will do a little more research for springs. The stock suspension is awful. The amt of body roll is a joke and you cannot take a corner worth a damn. I cannot wait to get all this stuff put on my car!
Good idea on not wanting to go too low. Dropping much more than 1.5", the car does not handle well when pushed. I wouldn't go with Tein, unless you went with their coilovers. I've had S-Techs and H-Techs w/Tokicos and neither handled well. They were not bad for daily driving around town though. Currently running Hotchkis with Tokicos and it doesn't handle bad, but it's not great (more positive camber under cornering than I would like).

I like them as shocks, they do well on the autocross courses. Great on Daily driving also. For not wanting to be too low look at TRD, Vogtland, H&R Sport, Eibach Prokit or maybe even Progress. Don't know much about the Swift springs you mentioned. But I'm biased more towards handling/auto-x performance when it comes to springs

And for me, it seemed like the Progress sway made the biggest difference for handling when I had it. Killed most of the body roll in the rear and made the car fun to drive. Good choice A setup like this paired with a decent set of tires, and you'll love how the car handles.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
H&R of the two you mentioned. Swift = trash
Why is Swift considered trash? I have read good reviews about them.....granted, they were probably not spring experts or anything but good none the less.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pinoyFMtC
Good idea on not wanting to go too low. Dropping much more than 1.5", the car does not handle well when pushed. I wouldn't go with Tein, unless you went with their coilovers. I've had S-Techs and H-Techs w/Tokicos and neither handled well. They were not bad for daily driving around town though. Currently running Hotchkis with Tokicos and it doesn't handle bad, but it's not great (more positive camber under cornering than I would like).

I like them as shocks, they do well on the autocross courses. Great on Daily driving also. For not wanting to be too low look at TRD, Vogtland, H&R Sport, Eibach Prokit or maybe even Progress. Don't know much about the Swift springs you mentioned. But I'm biased more towards handling/auto-x performance when it comes to springs

And for me, it seemed like the Progress sway made the biggest difference for handling when I had it. Killed most of the body roll in the rear and made the car fun to drive. Good choice A setup like this paired with a decent set of tires, and you'll love how the car handles.
Great feedback. I am just looking for a better than stock setup without blowing out the account. I think the tokicos with Eibach or Swift will do the job especially since I do not autocross and it is my daily driver. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Tokico Blues