Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tokico Blues??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Default Tokico Blues??

So im looking at replacing my factory struts. and im looking for something that i can do an easy switch. from what iv read online is that they are a 15% stiffer ride than the factory struts and makes the car a lot more fun to drive.

i guess what im asking is has anybody every used these? i have a completely stock 2006 TC.

and im not sure if i want to lower it or not yet, if i do it would only be an inch. so im not even sure its really worth it.

sorry if this is another thread already, i was looking around but still couldn't find anything on these struts. and if anyone has used these how do you like them? can you feel a difference around corners from the stock ones? and the longevity of them is another thing im wondering about.

again sorry if this is another thread somewhere i just haven't seen it. thanks for any help i can get from anyone.

http://www.tokicoperformanceshocks.c...ront-left.aspx
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM

Default Another kind im looking at

http://www.andysautosport.com/scion/...n50000030.html

here is another set im looking at, its an extra $300 bucks but from what iv researched it "sounds" like it is a better ride.

i know im asking a lot but iv never bought anything like this for my cars. im trying to find the best thing to buy before i drop all this money on them.

has anybody used any of these two types of struts and can tell me anything about them. be a HUGE help, so please if you have these on your TC or know anyone that has these would be awesome.

let me know
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Well if you want ride height adjust-ability, then a coilover suspension would be ideal, if you are fine with the factory ride height, then just get the Tokicos. They are great ride. You won't be disappointed.

Well sell the shocks here:
http://www.dezod.com/cat_shocks5.cfm

Coils here:
http://www.dezod.com/cat-coil-over-kits.cfm

and spring/shock packages here:
http://www.dezod.com/cat-suspension-kits.cfm
Old 02-20-2013, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback Paul, a lot of help. With the Tokico struts do i have to buy anything else or just the struts and then its a swap with the factory struts.

Another thing if i buy springs down the line all i would do is take the struts back out and put the springs in followed by the struts right?

Again thanks for responding to my thread and sorry if my questions are repetitive. its my first time trying to figure all of this suspension stuff out.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_SfGiAnTsFaN
Thanks for the feedback Paul, a lot of help. With the Tokico struts do i have to buy anything else or just the struts and then its a swap with the factory struts.

Another thing if i buy springs down the line all i would do is take the struts back out and put the springs in followed by the struts right?

Again thanks for responding to my thread and sorry if my questions are repetitive. its my first time trying to figure all of this suspension stuff out.
Welcome. With the Tokicos it's a straight swap on parts. No additional parts needed like cutting out the housings or anything like Koni Sports...

If you decide to do springs down the road, just install and be done.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM

awesome! sounds like its pretty basic. I didn't know had to cut housing let alone anything else with the Koni's. i was looking at those but with cutting involved it sounds like its out of my ability.

I am checking out the Vogtland Non-Adjustable spring and shock kit. Is there any cutting involved with those? And do you think i would be more happy with those over the Tokico Blues?
Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

awesome! sounds like its pretty basic. I didn't know had to cut housing let alone anything else with the Koni's. i was looking at those but with cutting involved it sounds like its out of my ability.

I am checking out the Vogtland Non-Adjustable spring and shock kit. Is there any cutting involved with those? And do you think i would be more happy with those over the Tokico Blues?
Vogtlands are straight swaps too.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM

ok cool...which would you put in your car? Tokico Blues or Vogtlands non-adjustable
Old 02-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

ok cool...which would you put in your car? Tokico Blues or Vogtlands non-adjustable
The Vogtland suspension kit are Tokico shocks matched with a Vogtland spring! WIN WIN
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM

oh alright even better! Do you have them on your car or know anyone who does?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

oh alright even better! Do you have them on your car or know anyone who does?
Great balanced ride quality. Not too aggressive and not too soft.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 PM

sounds kinda like what im looking for. i want something that will make the car even more fun to drive around corners and what not but still a great everyday driver.

sounds like those are it!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

sounds kinda like what im looking for. i want something that will make the car even more fun to drive around corners and what not but still a great everyday driver.

sounds like those are it!
Yep! I just got off the phone with Leila at Vogtland and they discontinued that package as one skew part number.

However, I can still put it together for you considering that we have accounts with both companies. It might be a few bucks more going this way, but you will still get what ya want.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM

ah man thats a bummer, why discontinue a kit that is a good product? anyways, how much more would that be?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

ah man thats a bummer, why discontinue a kit that is a good product? anyways, how much more would that be?
Without going too much into the sour business deal the two companies had, it was unfortunate to say the least. I was just as disappointed.

$737 for the springs and shocks. I have the shocks in stock here. Springs, I don't. Vogtland would have them shipped from Germany to you directly for $40.00 and the shocks I can probably ship for about $30-35. So grand total on your doorstep would be $812.00

Alternatively, if you wanted a comparable spring, I have Eibach Sportlines in stock as well and can couple them at the same time with the shocks and be at a total of $789.00.

Also, at this price range, you may want to consider the Tein Street Basis coilovers and give yourself ride height adjustment. That kit here:
http://www.dezod.com/pd-tein-street.cfm
I have this kit in stock and can get it on your doorstep for $795.00
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM

wow looks like you have a great shop of yourself going to. ya i was looking at the tien...is that $795 to california?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

wow looks like you have a great shop of yourself going to. ya i was looking at the tien...is that $795 to california?
Yes sir!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:13 PM

so with the tien does that basically take care of any lowering kit i might have wanted in the future? if anything i didn't want much of a lowering kit, at most an inch id drop. what levels of a drop could i do with those? like increments of half inch?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

so with the tien does that basically take care of any lowering kit i might have wanted in the future? if anything i didn't want much of a lowering kit, at most an inch id drop. what levels of a drop could i do with those? like increments of half inch?
The Tein takes care of lowering. It is fully adjustable with respect to ride height. You can change it at any time. Infinite adjust-ability and will autmatically lower the car (by design) 1".
Old 02-28-2013, 09:52 PM
SL Member

I just made my own setup, I got TRD red springs for a slight drop ( they claim. 0.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear) and a bit stiffer over stock. Also, I have been researching a set of affordable struts. I decided on staff struts, they are cheap but I have only hear good things about them, and I've done a lot of research. I found my TRD springs brand new for $100 in my local classified but they are about 200 retail. Also, the staff struts from what I've concluded from my research are about the same as the Tokico blues, as far as stiffness and ride quality goes. And as for the quality of staggs just do some searching on here and other forums, they seam to last and people love em. And at only $200 shipped from eBay you can't I wrong. So I got a new setup for 300. You could for about 400 with springs and stagg struts

And for all the times my phone changed it to staff, it meant stagg lol

Quick Reply: Tokico Blues??