Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Which way to go

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 AM

Default Which way to go

Hi, I have an 05 bcp tc and I'd like to lower it and have it ride very smooth, like if it came out the factory, do my question is should it be done with coilovers or spring/strut. (It will only be a daily driver ) and what do you guys recommend to go with? Ps I don't want it slammed, maybe like 1"-1.5" inch lower
Old 06-27-2012, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definately if you want comfort with a drop you need to go HQ coilovers. Springs are gonna be a little rough and cheap coils will be a little bumpy as well, but IMO not as bad as springs. So yeah, on HQ coilovers, you can adjust the dampness of them so you can set it to how you like it to be.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd go TRD spring and strut or some other Spring strut combo specifically Eibach Pro kit for the best of quality. Using the factory struts will be just fine and keep the ride smooth if you just go with above springsYou don't need compact light weight aftermarket coilovers unless you plan to adjust them according to your standard settings, want to go lower later, or plan on doing some tracking or just want a higher performing ride. The Eibach pro kit on stock struts will also save you some cash versus any coilover or spring and strut combo. The big springs and struts will also last longer than the smaller coilovers. Few people realize that the oem springs and struts are indeed coilovers.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I second TRD springs. I'm on stock struts and the ride isn't rough at all. But I'm doing coils when these struts go out for a stiffer ride etc.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BC racing coilovers. Basically the same as my ksports, but definitely have a bit of a "softer" feel to them.

Honestly, if you JUST want to drop it and want a nice smooth ride...(puts on flamesuit), I've ridden in a few cars with the newest version of raceland coilovers.......they actually ride VERY nice.

They are not a performance coilover by any means(no damping/rebound adjustment), but IF you just want a drop....I can't say they are bad. Especially for the price.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Raceland coilovers aren't bad. They aren't adjustable but they ride decent if you just drive low and slow.