Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Whats the deal with H&R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Whats the deal with H&R?

ok people for those of u that dont know there is a new H&R racing lowering spring kit thats way better than the "sport" kit out now. there said to give a drop of about 2" and to be about 100 times stiffer than stock, so basicly i orderd em from www.thetirerack.com before Christ mas and they are still said to be on back order

so im checkin if anyone out there has sum and or at leastk nows were else to get em,
yeah any info would be kick a$$ so yeah thanks
Old 03-03-2005, 11:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the H&R springs u speak of are the "Race" line. H&R make two types of spring. "sport" and "Race". the Sport application, is geared more toward the daily driven car. it has a progressive rate and a nice ride. now with the Race line, the spring rate is higher, the drop is more agressive and the use of aftermarket "performance" struts is absolutely required. i'd have to not recomend the Race line for a daily driver. and yes, the Race series springs are still in R&D. sorry no word when they'll be out. i'd also recommend not buying suspension parts from a place called "TIRE-rack". call an experienced tuner. hope i helped. two fingers up, peace out!!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah man i know all about the race line of springsits just that i bought em and they are on back order som in just wondering whats the deal with the company or what happend with the springs cuz iv been waitning for 2 and a half months
Old 03-04-2005, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

did you buy springs of the coilover kit (dampers).

if you bought the dampers than its obvious going to be in back order for 2 reasons.

1. not done with R&D but VERY CLOSE to
2. just making enough stuff before they release the product.

but if you bought springs...

then there is only 1 reason for backorder...
1.not enough to go around.

other than that, there is a problem
Old 03-04-2005, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TougetC
...i'd also recommend not buying suspension parts from a place called "TIRE-rack"...
Have you even been there? They're not some small mom & pop operation and sell everything dealing with suspensions, brakes, wheels & tires. They also are major sponsors of race teams everywhere including in the SCCA. Something tells me they are experienced.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
...i'd also recommend not buying suspension parts from a place called "TIRE-rack"...
Have you even been there? They're not some small mom & pop operation and sell everything dealing with suspensions, brakes, wheels & tires. They also are major sponsors of race teams everywhere including in the SCCA. Something tells me they are experienced.
exactly right man, everyone knows the tire rack, here it in magazines all the time
Old 03-05-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was just statin the fact that tire rack deals with tires. i know theyre "famous". but that doesent mean they know what theyre doing. hell, a magazine could tell you that tire rack gives free ******** with every suspension sold, doesent mean its true. now dont get offensive but the truth is that tire rack is a distributor. they just sell the stuff. i mean would u expect the guy who sold u your car to know how many lateral g's it can handle, or what spring rate the stock springs are??? no. dont ask the sales people, ask a tuner. thats all im saying. word.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hah it wasnt an advertisment in the mag, they were just mentioned in an article about good companies with experience actually
Old 03-05-2005, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was just statin the fact that tire rack deals with tires. i know theyre "famous". but that doesent mean they know what theyre doing. hell, a magazine could tell you that tire rack gives free ******** with every suspension sold, doesent mean its true. now dont get offensive but the truth is that tire rack is a distributor. they just sell the stuff. i mean would u expect the guy who sold u your car to know how many lateral g's it can handle, or what spring rate the stock springs are??? no. dont ask the sales people, ask a tuner. thats all im saying. word.
have you ever been to tirerack.com? its probably one of the most imformative tire sites around. They know what theyre talking about
Old 03-05-2005, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you for proving my point. u said "tire" site.