Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Wheelsnext.com - the cheapo tires they give you...defective?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wheelsnext.com - the cheapo tires they give you...defective?

Ok, I got my rims off wheelsnext.com They have about 11K miles on them. I rotated them backs to front (directional), and I had just had the car aligned right before I rotated them. (had it aligned with stock rims at a dealer due to camber issues). The dealer aligned it fixed it, came home, put back on my rims (thats when the rotation was done). Well a hundred or so miles later, I notice the car pulls hard left going 60mph+.

I call my dealer, they say put on the stock rims, bring it back...So i put on the stocks again, and take it for a test drive...and it runs perfect again.

Anybody else had this kind of problem? Im thinking of just putting the rims back on but rotating them to the original setup and put the tire I think is bad to the rear again and see if it solves it...

...is there any way to tell if a tire is bad visually? I tried to inspect it, and the inner tread row does seem somewhat higher (puffy maybe slightly) than the other tires.

I dont think wheels next would give me a new tire....any insight on tire situations like this? Or the quality of tires u get on wheel packages from wheelsnext? I hate the sidewalls of these tires, almost enough to want to get new tires, but a waste of money with good tread left.

Thanks!
-Ryan
Old 10-21-2005, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see the tire causing that bad of an alignment problem but I guess sever un-even wear could cause it. Which tires did yours come with? I run the Hankook Ventus for a daily driver tire and they're awesome. Those came from Wheelsnext.com.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I cant look right now cause I have on my stocks, but the wheelsnext ones were the real cheap brand. Some reason General Spirit pops in my head. But not sure...I'd guess it has to be the tire(s), as putting the stock ones, it drives perfect again. Soon going to put back on the rims how they were before rotating them and see if no pull again. If so, just never be able to rotate the tires and run em til they die I guess. Then get some good ones next time.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

This isn't good. I'm hoping that your situation regarding Wheelsnext.com is an isolatied one. I'm also hoping that if need be, Wheelsnext is going to provide you with some kick ___ customer service to resolve this issue. I'm planning to get my wheels and tires from Wheelsnext and really don't need this type of headache.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've had my wheels from wheelsnext for a little over a year now..and i dont have any problems....also look at the condition of the road your driving on...
Old 10-24-2005, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Sounds to me like a "radial pull".
Pretty common. There's really nothing you can do but replace the bad tire. The really bad thing is that the only way to find out which one is the bad one is by rotating them around to different positions on the car. This means, of course, with a directional tire, that you'll have to dismount and remount each time you switch from side-to-side. At the same time remember to swap each side, front to rear, one at a time, to find which one is bad.
Do them one at a time to determine whether the car pulls toward the bad tire or away from the bad tire.
Hopefully, this makes sense...

Either way, it's always best to replace tire in pairs...FWIW

Oh yeah...(edit) I meant to add that usually (IMO) General tires are POOP!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The wheels next ones they give are usually the hankook tires, 103's or something?? Anyway, they were fine w/ the last package I got from them. No problems.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

wheelsnext.com doesnt let you choose what tires you want?!?!? thats kinda crazy. did everyone who bought the wheel + tire package also get the free ZENN 2" lowering springs?? Im plannin on buying from them i just want to know if others had bad service from them.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The let you choose - but expect the package price to go way up
Old 06-06-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rgarza1983
wheelsnext.com doesnt let you choose what tires you want?!?!? thats kinda crazy. did everyone who bought the wheel + tire package also get the free ZENN 2" lowering springs?? Im plannin on buying from them i just want to know if others had bad service from them.
I ordered mine awhile ago and said all came with the springs or something, and I didn't get them, nor did I need them though...They also let me get the $100 for 3 wheels warranty of some kind...But never used it, nor even sure they'd let me us it if needed.

I also got some axis wheels with center caps and no tool to tighten it...after at least 5 calls and talking to a guy named Robin, I never got the tool...so took it upon myself...I was pleased with the rims and price though, but not exactly coming through with their service....I'd order again though to save the $ haha.