Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

will IS300 hubs/rotors fit on the scion tc?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default will IS300 hubs/rotors fit on the scion tc?

So there's these wheels i want.. but they only come in 5x114 bolt pattern. The scion tc is 5x100, however the IS300 is 5x114. I wonder if i can simply change the hub/rotors to fit the wheels i want. Is it that simple?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not sure about the hub design, but I can tell you the rotors are not going to work. The tC rotors are 275x25mm and the IS300 rotors are 295x32mm. It would require moving the calipers out by about 10mm to clear the rotors. Also with the thicker rotors, you could have an issue with the pads dragging or needing to be shaved down to even fit at all.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it would be sweet if we can find a 5x114.3 toyota hub that's interchangable with the tc. I wonder if hub/brake assemblies from a Camry would fit.

4 lug 240sx owners use 5 lug hubs from a Z32 300zx or a 5 lug 240sx, then drill their 4 lug rotors to a 5 lug pattern to fit the hubs (and retain the 4 lug caliper). these guys have to replace the ball joints and control arms. a complete 5 lug conversion (with brakes) typically costs $800-900 (going market value. obviously cheaper from the junkyard) in used parts for these guys. I'd imagine similar prices for a tc, maybe more if junkyards dont have them.

if you really really like these 5x114.3 wheels, you can get them filled and redrilled (depending on the wheel design and construction material) by any wheel repair shop. most places charge $75-100 per wheel, excluding dismounting/mounting/balancing tires. Buying/installing new rotors or hubs may cost about the same as filling/redrilling wheels.

I once had 4x114.3 factory accord wheels drilled to fit my old 4x100 civic. they didnt need to fill the holes, rather just extend them by 4.3mm. since these wheels had a centercap, it didnt matter how the holes looked. cost me $50 per wheel.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just returned a set of 04 Camry steering knuckles with hubs today. We had them to see if we could use the knuckles on our car to drop the lower ball joint mount and improve the roll center. Same drop, nothing gained.

Here are a few more issues we found:

1) Steering arm is longer, this would result is slower steering

2) Hubs appear to bit bigger in diameter buy a few mm, not likely swapable to tC knuckles or tC hubs to the Camry ones.

3) Brake bosses (caliper mounts) were much further apart, tC calipers would not fit (nor would out Wilwood brackets but we could probably find some that would)

I would not mind having 114.3mm bolt pattern wheels to choose from for our car but the front hubs may not fit, do not seem they would and the rears would be another issue to figure out.

All in all, just not worth the trouble in my book.

(We also tried a set of 02 knuckles, mostly the same issues)

Rick