Notices

18" Volk TE37's with 5X100 TO 5X114 ADAPTER?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just called a few of the used tire shops and they don't have 205's some say they never even heard of them for 18's i guess its not commonly used.. they said they have a 215 i just want to use it for a test fit and see how bad its gonna be its gonna cost $40.. what u guys think?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say sell the wheels and get a set that PROPERLY fits your car.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you could consider re-drilling the holes to 5x100.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was thinking of that also but the issue would be if they would of to repowdercoat the whole wheel or can they just to the center and not effect the rest of the rim.. i really don't want to screw around with a brand new rim....

well on another note i test fitted the adapters at wheeladapters shop.. but they didn't have the smallest adapter in stock.. it looked pretty good and they are gonna make the adapter wheel centric as well as hub centric.. i highly recommend them.. since they kno there stuff and guarantee it!! i'm still search for a good price on 205/40/18's either toyo's or nitto neo gens.. so hard to get a price closer to $100 everywhere is expensive..

I was thinking what would happen if i raise the car higher...? like back to stock or get some tein basics.. wouldn't that make a difference as well? from what i saw when we did the test fit.. it acxtually isn't that bad pushed out.. well i mean it doesn't look that far out and if i camber the rears i think it could work.. and if needed rolling out the fenders etc..
Old 02-20-2006, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you'd have to powdercoat the whole wheel, which is like $30 per wheel. then get new stickers from ebay. some shops say its okay to extend the lug holes (make an oval shape of the existing holes). that way you dont have to powdercoat.
Other shops say to fill and re-drill, but because of the forged aluminum construction of the wheel, filling may be not possible.

you could raise the car, but it wont look that good.

negative camber only looks good if youre slammed, otherwise it looks like your car was in an accident and not repaired correctly.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread is retarded.....SELL THEM AND GET NEW ONES!!
Old 02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ditto............
what people will do for a brand name.
Im not too familiar with spacers or adaptors, but i hear they can be unsafe. What I dont get is your moddifying pretty much everything to get these to fit, I admire you for your tenacity, but I would be worried it being unsafe, especially if you go drilling out the rims.

I agree sell them and get rims that actually fit your car.

go to group5motorsport, they have these RAYS on sale.....by the time your done farting around drilling out the rim, and moddifying the sheetmetal to make these fit you could have spent
298.00 per wheel and got some rays that would fit

Old 02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't plan on redrilling them and the wheel adapters are perfectly safe as long as there done right. The wheel adapters i would be recieving are custom made to my specs to the match the wheel hub and the wheel it self, if i could find a good enough deal on another te37's then i would try to sell these.. other then that i'm sticking with the plan, from what i've seen in person its very possible i can get this to work.. and i kno others have done similiar things to get there rims fitted due to offset, just mostlikely not use a different bolt pattern.

I want to use this rims because i love the style and i have another set on my other car, the weight of the rims are amazing and thats why i won't settle for less.

and for the gram lights 57s i can get those for around 900 or less, so i have looked into that but i would rather have the te37's, and its not just the brand name its quality.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jay_jay_n
i don't plan on redrilling them and the wheel adapters are perfectly safe as long as there done right. The wheel adapters i would be recieving are custom made to my specs to the match the wheel hub and the wheel it self, if i could find a good enough deal on another te37's then i would try to sell these.. other then that i'm sticking with the plan, from what i've seen in person its very possible i can get this to work.. and i kno others have done similiar things to get there rims fitted due to offset, just mostlikely not use a different bolt pattern.

I want to use this rims because i love the style and i have another set on my other car, the weight of the rims are amazing and thats why i won't settle for less.

and for the gram lights 57s i can get those for around 900 or less, so i have looked into that but i would rather have the te37's, and its not just the brand name its quality.
WHAT ARE YOU WORRYINGT ABOUT WEIGHT>??>? ARE U IN SOME FREAKING RACE CHALLENGE??

Geeeezus!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL, I hear what your saying............if you have the mindset of not settling for less which alot of us do, why would you want to buy something that does not fit to begin with I would have save the money and gotten the right wheel, but that is me.......
one suggestiong too that nobody has mentioned, and since your stuck on this, i will make a suggestion..... take your rims to a maching shop and have them "re decked" meaning they actually shave off a few MM off the back of the wheel so your not relying on such a wide adaptor, we had to redeck some billet specialties rims to get them to fit flush.....
here is the bad thing about spacers, and i read it on this forum, the extra weight on the hub, not the rim can damage the axle, it has to do with extending the bolts......anyways good luck.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm.. i never thought of that... thx for that.. i think thats very possible.. and about the issues of the spacers i've heard good and bad.. but one thing is that i really don't plan on driving on these rims all the time.. they will be mostly for show use and not be my daily driver rims.. i'm hoping they can shave some mm's off and work out.. any idea how many mm's would be best? and it is really hard getting 205 tires at a better price as well as availabilty, i'm afraid i may have to settle with 215's, but if its certain that i can't use 215's i'll have to raise more $$ for 205's
Old 02-20-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would find out the bare minimum you can go on the adaptor, and then make the difference up on the rim......
basically decking the rim is how they make the offset to begin with.....
I think what your doing for show purposes if ok, I was just hoping you were not going to track the the car with that set up....

I know of a shop in fresno that does the decking, we had them do that and make the spacers....make sure they are billet BTW...makes them lighter and stonger.

you should be able to run 215's......

basically and you already know this probably, the spacer and the backspacing of the wheel need to equal what everyone one runs.. 35-40mm offset......you might beable to push 42mm.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kool.. the guy from wheeladapters.com actually makes them out of the same material that the big rigs or monstertruck metal rims are made out of and there billet, i'm gonna check with them and see on the rim it self if there is room for decking.. i think there is plenty but i wonder how much would mess with the strength of the rim.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so by taking out 20mm off would 18x7.5 with a 30mm offset on 215/40/18's not rub or have enough clearence?
Old 02-21-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just checked at HKSpeed info and he has

18x8.5, et30 in the fronts (33mm out than stock)
18x9, et24 in the rears (45mm out than stock)
225/40 tires all around (stretched)

so if i shave down 15mm from all the rims i would be at 25offset front and back with the spacers so that should be perfect and not require rolling right?
Old 02-21-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont take that much off the wheel, the most would be 10mm......you take too much off you can effect how the lug nuts will seat......what is thickness of the adaptor?
I think no matter what set you end up running a 215 will work either way.....that is stock width of the factory tire.
Honestly the guys making your adaptors should measure everything in person if they have not done that already, you dont want the spokes hitting the brakes etc.

but sounds like your on the right track....
Old 02-21-2006, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah they messured everything on making the adapters and they won't make the adapters less then 20mm, for safety precautions.. and i was thinking the same that i may only want to take 10mm off the deck but that would make my offset like 20mm's and i think that offset won't clear the fenders and qtr's.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i guess i may not be able to shave down the back.. from what i can tell without accurate messuring tools, the back where the lug goes into may only have about 10mm available so i don't kno if it will even be worth it shaving 5mm off.

well i may have to find some wrx sti's to trade these for some 5x100's.. i'm hoping that there maybe another thing i can try.. or i may just go towards the route of finding 205's and roll out the fenders..
Old 02-21-2006, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would not roll the fenders unless a body shop does it......
yeah, you dont have much room to shave the back off
Old 02-21-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

while i try to find out if i can still do this.. i've posted these for sale in many forums as well as this.. i just hope somewhere there is someone with a set that would want to trade

how much did u shave off ur rim? and how much did u have left where the studs go in?

Quick Reply: 18" Volk TE37's with 5X100 TO 5X114 ADAPTER?