Notices

finally got 15mm spacers installed..!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default finally got 15mm spacers installed..!

well.. finally got the H&R 15mm spacers installed on the rear... what a difference in looks..... i can now stand to look at the car from the front angles... and the install of the wheels studs was actually easier than i thought... i was prepared to spend a weekend doing it.. but it only took about 1 hour in total....

just alittle backround.. i have motegi FF7 19x7.5 wheel and they have a 45mm offset.. which i guess is/was fine, there is no danger of rubbing and i guess it looked ok without the spacer.. i think the 215 35's had alittle to do with how i felt they looked .. just had way too much gap.. and i was actually going to go with a 225 35 for my next set of tires to hopefully eat up alittle of that gap..... (it is dropped on trd springs aswell)...

im glad i have the TRD springs and not another brand... the spacers changed the offset to 30mm.. which puts the lip of the wheels just shy of the edge of the fender.. and if the car had been any lower i think even with the 215's it may just had rub'd.. but with the TRD spings ther is plenty of space left...... im still contemplating 225's.. but now that i have have the spacers in... ill have to think about it....

i sort of liked the wider stance out back.. i was asked if i was going to do the same for the fronts... but the way it looks i think im going to keep it just the rear..

i hate posting pics because you never get to show what it really looks like.. but anyways.. here is one i just took this morning.. again.. the pic doe snot really do it justice.. oh well..

Old 03-13-2006, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does look better... I've wanted to get some spaces for a while, but they're expensive. And I have other things to blow my money on.

But I wanted to do 20mm in the rear and 15 up front. Seems like it keeps it more even.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah... they were on the expensive side.. $100.... i have a set of H&R 5mm spacers but never used them because they do not have the ring to keep the wheels hub centric... with my wheels.. 15 would be the biggest i could go out back and keep the wheels under the fender..
Old 03-13-2006, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do the 215's look on the ff7's, are they stretched? i just bought 19" ff7's and im looking for tires now. i was planning on sticking with the 215 but i didnt know how stretched the tire was.
can you post anymore pics? please
thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Looks nice
Old 03-13-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

You should throw a "before" pic up so we see the difference the spacers make. Nice looking ride.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Id like to see a pic from the rear of the car.. I think off that pic you posted they look real nice... Thinking about this for my car too..
Old 03-13-2006, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by danman04x
how do the 215's look on the ff7's, are they stretched? i just bought 19" ff7's and im looking for tires now. i was planning on sticking with the 215 but i didnt know how stretched the tire was.
can you post anymore pics? please
thanks

Yeah.. they are slightly stretched... im going to take a pic from the rear and post it.. ill try to get it so you can see the tire aswell...
Old 03-13-2006, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK.. here is a shot from the rear... i tried to get a shot so danman4x could see the tires on the rim.. aswell.. as show where the wheel sits now.. Dan.. if you can't see the tire.. let me know.. i can probably lighten the pic up alittle.. oh.. for a beofre shot.. try these..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2060495/1

i know they are not as close as the ones i just took.. but maybe you can get the idea of what the spacers did....

Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont see anything different.
what was the point anyway?>
Old 03-13-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seckzy
Old 03-13-2006, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TATTOO
im not sure i understand the question.. the second pic was just a shoot of the rear with the spacers... the point is not really for performance.. since a total of 30mm wider in my opinion really does nothing for handling.. however.. it does make a whole world of difference in the look .

tattoo... where in FTL are you... you can come by and see it yourself... im in the mcnab road west of powerline area......
Old 03-13-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That looks good! I have a 35mm offset and I also thought my rear set up is still a little too far back in the wheel well. Thanks for the tip. I now know that I will need 5mm spacers when I'm finished buying my other stuff for my tC! (It just never ends. ) You should be ok with 225s. Especially since you're on TRD Springs. Again, good job!

What's the point? The tC now looks more flush all the way around instead of just up front.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
(It just never ends. )
Man.. tell me about it... !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the pic. im still having a hard time deciding between 215 and 225. do you think the 225 will really make a difference with like rubbing and stuff. im on s techs and i dont want to rub.
oh by the way my rims just came in YAY!!!!!!! and all i can say is that motegi makes some hott A$$ rims.
thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Petem
im not sure i understand the question.. the second pic was just a shoot of the rear with the spacers... the point is not really for performance.. since a total of 30mm wider in my opinion really does nothing for handling.. however.. it does make a whole world of difference in the look .

tattoo... where in FTL are you... you can come by and see it yourself... im in the mcnab road west of powerline area......
I seen the pic i dont see anything different....im in ft laud east off sunrise by HUSTLER....
Old 03-13-2006, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I seen the pic i dont see anything different....im in ft laud east off sunrise by HUSTLER....

yeah.. the pic's i have up on car domain may not be the best to point out the difference... if i get a chance (but don't count on it ) ill see if i can remove the spacer and take a pic without it.... maybe we'll cross paths here in FTL..
Old 03-13-2006, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah.. the pic's i have up on car domain may not be the best to point out the difference... if i get a chance (but don't count on it ) ill see if i can remove the spacer and take a pic without it.... maybe we'll cross paths here in FTL..
who knows...Im always on tha east side of town...
Old 03-13-2006, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by danman04x
thanks for the pic. im still having a hard time deciding between 215 and 225. do you think the 225 will really make a difference with like rubbing and stuff. im on s techs and i dont want to rub.
oh by the way my rims just came in YAY!!!!!!! and all i can say is that motegi makes some hott A$$ rims.
thanks
225 should be fine... without spacers... but if you are planning to use spacers.. you may have to do some measuring to see if you will get rubbing.. especially because s tech spings drop alittle more then TRD's..
Old 03-13-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what should i measure? this is the first time ive ever had rims so i really dont kno how to measure everything.lol. i finally learned how to read offsets and stuff and that took me a whilte to figure out lol. i do want to get spacers but maybe ill just get like 10 mm.
also what kind of tires are you running? im looking at the g force but want more ideas

Quick Reply: finally got 15mm spacers installed..!