Notices

Hi Guys! Getting 4 New Tires Online And Wanted Advices!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smile Hi Guys! Getting 4 New Tires Online And Wanted Advices!

If you remember me, I was the one that got the tC stuck in the snow with summer tires earlier this year. I rotated the bad tires to the rear axle and last oil change the guy wanted new tires ASAP as I have no tread left (probably from spinning them in the snow/ice haha). Well I have decided to get 4 new tires to start fresh again. The front tires aren't really that great anyways. I think PZ-960's or something. Here is what I plan on getting from Discount Tire Direct:

Let me know of better alternatives. Thought about getting the rim package but I don't care about having new rims.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=215

Old 07-30-2010, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....tC&autoModClar=
Old 07-30-2010, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL those are over $500 and I don't think Tirerack gives free shipping.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm going later today to buy NeoGens. Supposed to be a very good tire. I've been running Kumho Ecsta ASXs for a couple years and I've been happy with them.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So your advice for someone who already said they have to drive in the snow is to purchase another set of summer tires ????

In addition to being super unsafe in cold temps and snow, running extreme performance summer tires in the freezing cold reduces the performance of the compounds permanently. That is why those of us using them for autox store them inside in the winter.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

go for 225/45/17
Old 07-30-2010, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smile

Originally Posted by C4NN0N1001
I'm going later today to buy NeoGens. Supposed to be a very good tire. I've been running Kumho Ecsta ASXs for a couple years and I've been happy with them.
Cool. It got good reviews. At this point, I'm just going by reviews as I do on Amazon. The people's voice is usually right. When they are wrong, it is usually an anomaly.

Originally Posted by engifineer
So your advice for someone who already said they have to drive in the snow is to purchase another set of summer tires ????

In addition to being super unsafe in cold temps and snow, running extreme performance summer tires in the freezing cold reduces the performance of the compounds permanently. That is why those of us using them for autox store them inside in the winter.
Haha you always help me out. I was just looking at price. Would like to spend less than $100 per tire. Midas wanted to charge me $130 for PZ-960's which was like a $50 markup per tire. I told them I would be back with my own and will pay them to install them for $18/tire.

Originally Posted by KiKaZ-tC
go for 225/45/17
Do I need spacers for those? I am not familiar with Plus 1's. I am using the stock rims.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am as well on the same boat as you are. I'm going with the Neo Gens. 2 of my buddy's have them on there rsx and si and they love them, even in rain. I am going to get them in 225/45/17 on my stockies so you don't need no spacers or anything like that. You just get more tire touching the road surface.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AdmirN
I am as well on the same boat as you are. I'm going with the Neo Gens. 2 of my buddy's have them on there rsx and si and they love them, even in rain. I am going to get them in 225/45/17 on my stockies so you don't need no spacers or anything like that. You just get more tire touching the road surface.
Cool man. About to make the purchase now. I'm going with 225 guys!! Thanks for help. More comments welcome but I am getting the Neo's I believe. I like the tread design, the reviews are hot, and I like the wider design. Maybe it will help me stop in the snow better too hehe.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

225's fit perfect and put more rubber on the road. Definitely the way to go.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer

Yeah. Def missed that.
Sorry those tires would be a terrible fit for you then. Lol
sorry.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stock potenzas aregreat in the snow mad stout in two ft of snow slamed to the ground just got to know how to drive
Old 07-30-2010, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I know you have to be kidding... the RE92's are like sleds in the snow... and only so-so everywhere else... and that is being nice. Not to mention are the most overpriced tire ever. Terrible value. The Avon Tech M550's I replaced my stocks with were about a million times better and cost me half of what the stock tires went for. Even the mediocre Ziex 912's I have now are better and they were also about half of the price of those.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Should be getting my tires delivered today or tomorrow. So excited!!! I feel like this time I will have tires that I actually picked out for the first time ever. I usually take whatever the mechanic gives me lol. I am currently riding with 2 sets of different tires.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You will love them they are nice stretchin tires too.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midnight_blue
Stretchin? What does that mean?
Old 08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midnight_blue
Good to hear I didn't know how they'd stretch, but I knew they were good with camber, both of which I'll have.

Stretch is when you run a narrow tire (205s for me) on a wider rim. (8"). It makes the sidewalk curve in instead of being straight up and down.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will get Continental ExtremeContact™ DWS. One of the best all season tire for snow too.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Necromancer
Cool man. About to make the purchase now. I'm going with 225 guys!! Thanks for help. More comments welcome but I am getting the Neo's I believe. I like the tread design, the reviews are hot, and I like the wider design. Maybe it will help me stop in the snow better too hehe.
If it's not too late you should check out the new Yokohama AVID EnVigors. They are all season and are a pretty good value. I will be getting them as my replacements soon.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smile

Originally Posted by gapboy118
If it's not too late you should check out the new Yokohama AVID EnVigors. They are all season and are a pretty good value. I will be getting them as my replacements soon.
Tires came yesterday. I missed the UPS call and drove home an hour later. I couldn't find the tires. They usually leave them on the patio. I was like 'man someone jacked my tires?'. Then I found them at the front door! This is why you pay the big bucks to live next to good neighbors haha.

Name:  NewNeoTires080310.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  40.7 KB

Quick Reply: Hi Guys! Getting 4 New Tires Online And Wanted Advices!