Notices

i scuffed up my alloy and wondering about replacing

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member

Default i scuffed up my alloy and wondering about replacing

I have an 06 scion tc (black sand pearl) with the stock 17 inch alloys. a couple of weeks ago, i went through a car wash and scuffed up the drivers side front tire and the rim on the track (yes, i'm a moron ). I'm not too concerned about the tire, but the rim is definitely scratched/scuffed up and its already looking like its rusting. i'm looking for a single alloy wheel to buy (found one on ebay that i'm looking into). supposedly the one i'm looking at has 1 mile on it. i'm wondering if i buy it and replace the one i scratched up, could that cause problems with my alignment and such? My tc has about 6700 miles on it (almost all highway).

i can't afford to replace it from toyota right now ($413 for one wheel!), and if i can't find one before winter, i'm also wondering if theres anything i can treat the scratches with to keep the rust out (i live in NE, so salty roads are probably not going to be a good thing). Thanks!!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you might want to consider having it repaired. call around your area for rim repair shops. you might be surprisedon how economical it might be.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Changing wheels should have no affect on alignment. Alignment only changes if you alter the suspension such as lowering it.

As for a replacement rim, Sparks Toyota has them for $125 shipped:

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...6&parts_id=709

These are "take-offs" which means they are most likely from new cars that the dealer put aftermarket wheels on.

Also you are brave for using the automatic car washes Only handwashing for my tC.