Notices

Konig Unknown Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
i dont like im in 17s or 18s just dont look right sorry....they looke awesome in 19s/20s but alotta people do have em thats what im steering away from...
I agree, they do look weak in the smaller sizes. Even the 19's look kinda funny because they look like 18's.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

i just had americas tire here in my town bring some in for me to look and they will be here on tueday. He said they had like 30 of them in the Reno warehouse... Im trying to decide between either the unknowns or the bronze G Games to go on my BSP tC... hard to decide when you really cant see the rims on your car lol...
Old 05-15-2006, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Goddimus
What would be the best tire size to run on Unknowns 18x8/40 offset, with H-techs? 225/40 or something else?

Thanx in advance...
Anyone???
Old 05-15-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

225/40 should work well.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member

Changed my mind yet again, saw some sweet looking rims in the latest DUB mag and I just have to have em. I am going to sweet talk the wife and see how I might be able to get them asap. I know I have not said yet what rims they are but hopefully soon you will see!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

my unknowns 18"

Old 05-19-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

girl that needs a drop asap! looks very good, just needs the drop, and if you have cash flow, get the rims painted to match ur car..then it would be even more beautiful than it already is
Old 05-20-2006, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

18's are nice but the loss in tire life/ride quality/tire PRICE just kill it for me.

Im thinkin about getting the 17's but im wondering can I use my stock yoko's that came on my tc on the 17 unknowns?
Old 05-20-2006, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO the unknowns need to be 19s....

i've seen 18s and 17s on cars, and i didnt like them. There is alot going on with these wheels and i think the bigger they are the better they look.

I would assumme if you go the same wide unkwnons as the stock wheels then they should work?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why? Because they are heavy, cheap, ugly and too well known because too many use them. I see them on every badly done ricer car from chula vista here in san diego for some reason.
As mentioned, scion is not a unique car by any means as is. So what is the point to mod if you see 2 tcs a day with same wheels? How much does it suck to go to a show and see somebody with the same set of wheels as you have?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bah.... That's a cheap comment.

I have never seen another tC with unknowns, with the exception of my friends, which chose them and painted them FM... Up here in the PNW, I haven't seen any CAR with Unknowns on for that matter.

I couldn't count the number of G-Games, and other "Racing" wheels I've scene on a tC... that are identical... There aren't many "Unique" rim choices out there.

And People seem to differ on the Ugly.... you are in the minority on that one.

Such Eliteist comments seem tired and old nowdays anyways.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously bro, your main defense is that everybody has g games??? how many people have konig wheels??? you got no argument there bro

these are the only people ive seen on this board with this wheel...g games is the brand not the model. a couple of other folks have sidewinders...i count 5 people on this board with g games. how many have konig???
Old 05-21-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I mean you gotta realize, that out of the 100,000 plus scion owners out there, only about 5% could possibly be on this forum! And there are only like 40 people max on this forum that have the unknowns. IMO, that makes the Uknowns pretty rare on the tC.

On campus at UTD there are at least 8-9 tC's and none have the unknowns or even upgraded rims.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by semaJames
seriously bro, your main defense is that everybody has g games??? how many people have konig wheels??? you got no argument there bro

these are the only people ive seen on this board with this wheel...g games is the brand not the model. a couple of other folks have sidewinders...i count 5 people on this board with g games. how many have konig???
im not saying that no body has unknowns. Because iknow there are people out ther that have them. But how can you sit here and tell me that there are more people with unknowns than g-games...or axis...or anything. you cant say that because you dont know. you dont know how many people have posted pix of their ride, i doubt you've gon through everysingle persons bio and look and counted unknowns and then counted g-games and then counted axis and so on and so fourth.

And how are you to argue what you have and havn't seen...you've been on scionlife for 66 days...i've been here for 250+ days. I have over 700 posts...you have just over 180. you dont have any basis for your argument.

i know alot of people have konig wheels....over here in the PNW whenever we roll out to shows...there are about 6 tC's/xB's who all have konigs. big deal?

there is no reason to sit here and argue about what wheel is more common that what. If a wheel is common, that must mean alot of people like it. Personally i think the unknowns are the best wheel for the tC out there. to me they flow and look perfect on the tC. I like the g-games that you have on your ride as well, they look like they belong.

dont try and argue with someone who has alot more information than you do. It just simply doesnt work, and you look like a fool
Old 05-21-2006, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's ok. As long as you are happy with you wheels homeboy. If you can be proud of cheap parts on your car and feel ok with it, all power to ya. This attitude is not for every car enthusiast out there though.

P.S. Don't even go comparing Koing/Axis to Volk. Koing is owned by that company in EVERY category.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait a second, ^^ Do you even own a tC???? or even a scion?

Wtf....

The point is, your opinion is nothing but that. You can keep your sh|t talking elsewhere.

You need to
A) learn how to spell, the company is Konig, not Koing.
B) Go roll around in Chula Vista or wherever the hell your from and knock on peoples rims....then proceed to get your ___ kicked.
C) Go waste some more money on your overdone tacky LS.
D) Learn that my knocks on you are opinions, if you have self esteem you'll ignore it...if you don't you'll just go trying to pump out another psi on your turbo to compensate.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

its a silly argument to decide whose wheels are better. We all have different taste so we pick different wheels. If they make you happy then so be it, your the one putting out the money for them. Enjoy them and don't worry about what others think.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive
It's ok. As long as you are happy with you wheels homeboy. If you can be proud of cheap parts on your car and feel ok with it, all power to ya. This attitude is not for every car enthusiast out there though.

P.S. Don't even go comparing Koing/Axis to Volk. Koing is owned by that company in EVERY category.
no body was compairing any wheels here...we never compaired konig to axis or g-games...we simply were saying the popularituy of the wheels....so before you go talking crap...read what we are talking about...

and on top of all of this, you dont even own a scion..so you dont need to even be in this conversation.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guess I hit the nerve there. Do whatever you want if that satisfies you...all good. I am not just talking about the style of the wheels...that is the last thing that comes to my mind. You get what you pay for and that is cheaper steel, cheaper manufacturing process, cheap finishing all of which in the end translates to bent rims and sub par looks. I have my oppinion, you have yours...do what you want. And yes, I own a FM TC with plenty of mods. I choose not to post pictures till bodywork is done.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Retro.... cool it... Back handend "Homeboy" comments are not neccesary.

We drive Scions (Not a Pun!), and there is a diverse community that both owns and modify's them... some with bigger budgets than others... which, translates to people being able to afford less costly, or in your opinion, less quality wheels.

Your opinion is not that of the majority, as among the shows, my unknowns consistently get tons of attention and positive comments, and I have yet to see another pair on ANY ride, and I get around a lot. I know you know your stuff, and I'm aware that you have alot of experience in the world of audio and performance modifications, but I have a hard time respecting that, giving your attitudes and the WAY you choose to express your strong opinions, in many topics here on SL.

We know that 19's are heavy, we know that Konigs cost less than other brands, and we "hear" that they are everywhere, despite not seeing them on other rides... I've had mine for quite some time and have never had a problem with them, no bends, and only experienced the expected performance loss with running 19's... but, face it, all of us aren't about auto-x or pure performance, and realitically, my car looks great, and many people agree... so I guess they do there job just fine... They're RIMS... they're either made to make the ride look better (Which you obviously disagree with) or to be lightweight and improve performance (Which not every is looking for, heck, it's a scion)....

Lets stop the back and forth... it's pretty obvious where both sides are coming from...

Quick Reply: Konig Unknown Question