teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Holy long posts Batman!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Racing seats and roll cages are horrible examples as most are universal applications. I'm talking about tC specific stuff here. Regarding exhaust systems, the quality I'm looking for is stuff like Espelir, JIC, and Blitz. What about aero companies? We have nothing. I'm looking for C-West, Ings+1, Greddy, ect. The only half decent ones are Kenstyle and DAMD, but their stuff is exclusive to the RS tC's and doesn't even look that good. How about engine stuff from ARC? Granted we got ONE thing from them, but only for the 05-06. What about more stuff for more years? Endless suspension and brakes? Little to nothing from them either. See what I'm getting at?
Old 08-08-2008, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ what he said. It's hard for the tC to get (tC specific) parts made, researched and developed from top (TOP) name japanese aftermarket product makers cause of the fact that the tC itself is not sold in japan, that's a huge lost of marketing and research through local consumers and their local shops.

Which the opposite is seen with the xA and the xB, where they have more support since they are sold in both territories, giving a greater marketing potential.

I for one miss the selection quality of parts I used to have when I had owned a celica (ST185 All Trac).
Old 08-08-2008, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

to back up Ro_Ja...i already get scoffed at when im driving down the road or when i pull into a meet or a "chill" spot on the weekend. It sucks and its humiliating that people consider our cars to be the new civics...granted there are some nice ones out there, but nowhere near as many that are riced to isht. Some of us are actually standing up and doing something about it while everyone else is putting ishtty 1 piece ebay rims, a walmart sound system, and underglow on theyre car and thinking they are the isht. Ive seen so many local tC's with just flashy rims and a stereos and i cant help but laugh and feel completely embarrased at the same time. Im embarassed for the driver and for myself because that driver is representing Scion and degrading it to a level that it should never stoop to.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hollywoodmotorsinccom
Originally Posted by nebster
1. the reason there isn't as many tc's in magazines is because the overall quality of tc builds is lower than the other cars you mentioned.
I dont know where this is coming from cause i know of a ton of worthy cars maybe you do need to get out more and see what your really up against. With being new to your area you have no idea whats really out there. Especially to broaden that comment to the "magazines" eeekkk. From what i know you have nice wheels, steereo, headunit, bride seats and takata belts other than that whats really being layed on the table. Go to itsmyscion.com and you can thumb through hundreds of pages of insane scions with lots of originality and craftmenship. The highend scions are out there they just may not be interested in building a portfolio and sending it to the major magazines. Plus most the magazines are political and you really have to know someone to get into one.
man i've been to chicago many times for shows, just because i'm new to chicago doesn't mean i don't know the scene here. but how many people from this area have gotten exposure to the point where their known nation wide. I know there are nice cars here but i'm speaking in general man. There are so many more poorly done tc's than there are nice ones it makes it pointless.

you don't know what i have because you haven't seen my car! its not released yet and its not done yet. I take my time building my car because its expensive and its a work in progress. To reiterate on what everyone else is saying i take my time to put quality parts on my car. Listen my car isn't the best out there and i'm not claiming it is. I'm not going to be in a magazine but i don't think i've ever given that impression. I'm not saying my cars the ____ nor have i ever said that. I enjoy what i do so i take my time and do it right.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

this thread is epically amazing! How big of a rotor did you get nebster?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its a ~13.5" rotor meaning HUGE
Old 08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

With a 13.5" rotor, are you going to have any gap between the caliper and the inside of the wheel? My brother in law has 15" Rotora's on his G35 with 19x10.5 SF Challenges and he has no more than a 3/4 inch gap. It looks sick.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't know... they're not on yet
Old 08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know the sad part about some the BS you have highlighted there sweety,... in case you havent noticed im actually pretty good friends with tina now.. and you know what.. SHE ACTUALLY KINDA AGREES WITH ME NOW ON HOW I VIEW MODDING..... hahahahahahahahahahahahah so i think YOU saying that really is hysterical....

just so you can get your rocks off about im age im a very sexy 28 yr old (wink wink).. but ive been doing this since i was 16 yrs old.. and ive learned alot in my years on what to do and what not to do..and thanks to people who bashed me and were hard headed in their views ive manage to turn things around and learn so much that if i probably continued along the path i was before i'd be another ricer with big wings, neons, and lambo doors thinking i was the coolest chump on the block... and thankfully im far from that now... and my car has looked the same way since i bought it when i was 24 interms of style and ethics ( which is about the average age range for the scion community) AGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roja is 18 and has bomb taste for example.. and ben is younger then me and theres alot of tc owners WITH GOOD TASTE that are ages 18-24.... but theres a crap load of people with horrible taste from the same age ranges AND EVEN OLDER!!...

no one on SL eats my azz like you say.. thats ____ and i dont swing that way BUT... people agree with me and people disagree... thats their right... im not god.. nor do i act like it.. its not my fault ive got a large voice in posting my opinion.. WTF is a forum for then if everyone didnt have different views and just circle jerked to the same style... how boring is that... and ive done plenty already with the scion community with tuning, builing, etc etc... so please dont think ur talking to some chump who reads magazines and has never picked up a tool... im not here for trophies.. i hate car shows, i even hate magazine cars because they arent real street cars sometimes... i build for me, for performance, for function, for daily driver ball buster drop your jaw status... not for trophies and not to be in magazines... and i know alot of scion builders build for themselves and thats all fine....i do respect those who do that and take it that route how ever if they didnt HALF AZZ things and had better taste in looks, parts and functionality even for the daily driver.. YOU"D SEE MORE SCIONS ON COVERS AND HAVING GOOD EXPOSURE!!... and that is were 80% of the douches out there fall flat on their face.

a perfect example of a well done car WHO GOT GOOD EXPOSURE WAS 318_TC... great rims, nice looking parts, fast, clean... PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A NICE CAR GETTING EXPOSURE AND VERY COMPETETIVE...

and its obvious your not going to see scions 24/7 because we are a fresh new company, just getting the feet wet and quality cars take time to build and put together.. of course magazines dont give us good exposure.. WE HAVENT IMPRESSED THEM!!!! they think along the lines me and ben and alot of others do...so until people start building tasteful good cars people are going to continue seeing the same rice buckets they see on the street and compare that to the masses which is not true and unjust.

as far as knowing someone to get into a magazine thats not true.. ive had 3 friends who are no bodies grace super street, turbo, and modified all with clean simple well done cars... ITS NOT ALWAYS HOW MUCH CRAP U HAVE EITHER... its about the car as a whole...

give ppl like ben time... people are actually taking the time to really put scion on the map... 318-tc did it.. and his car was far from rice and the crap i see on these boards... and theres a handful others on here building their cars tastefully for this kind of exposure.. and more so a huge handful like me who build not for exposure in shows or magazine but for personal achievement and even achievement amongst their fellow peers... not many know what im doing also.... maybe ben and dave and some locals.. but i asure you.. when its done.. it will put scions on the map in a POV not often appreciated by the average scion owner but those who are in the same appreciative level i am which is important to me as i admire their cars also...
Old 08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow! this was a story....but very true...

Hey ben, Where is my sticker!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

I still think some of you guys take this stuff a little too seriously...

Ben, those brakes are givin' me a boner.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i wouldnt consider it serious.

id consider it a hobby...no wait...a lifestyle that some of us have a real passion for and take alot of pride in.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
i wouldnt consider it serious.

id consider it a hobby...no wait...a lifestyle that some of us have a real passion for and take alot of pride in.
i consider it a lifestyle... hell, im starting at 13
Old 08-08-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

thats good.
seems like everyone starts everything younger these days.
but that a great thing, cuz then by then time your 16 which is when i started youll know waaaay more than i did.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

every once in a blue moon when i go with my bro to a car meet, i end up answering all the questions
Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0wGHub53pE

"It's not a hobby. It's a lifestyle."
Old 08-08-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
nice! they look hot! and expensive!