Notices

Need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:09 PM

Default Need a little help

Hello my name is Evan and yes i am new to this foroum but not to modifying cars. Yet i am kinda stuck in a little predicament and i could use some suggestions. First I was shadowing at a shop and the owner just so happened to have a pair of Rays Volk CE 28 with brand new Bridgestone potenza pole pistions on 'em, well short story short he wanted 1500 for them so i bought them. I did some research and found that they would fit but most of the research i did said that i could stuff a 245r18 where those stockers satso i did the only problem now is that the center hub protrudes about 1/4'' and i cant find center caps that will fit. The owner of the shop said that rays doesn't make a center cap that isn't flush mount but yet i have seen his set of carbon fiber set that did but he wanted 2 bills for them and i didn't know what to do. My other question is that i have 80 k on my tc and its only an 07, i want to turbo and rebuild the engine and i think it is worth it but what parts would you suggest about the internals. Any help would be appreciated. p.s. I have posted a link so you can see what im talking about with my rims.Name:  IMAG0744.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  77.3 KB
And this is the rear wheels Name:  IMAG0745.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  147.6 KB
And how close the cap is to fitting Name:  IMAG0628.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  47.9 KB
Close but not close enough Name:  IMAG0629.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  49.4 KB
Old 01-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Well first welcome to the site. Second this is the wrong section, you have a 1st gen tC. I'll move the thread.

Regarding the center caps, your solution is to find new ones that fit. This is a common issue with the front spindle sticking out too far.

Regarding the turbo, if you search you'll find the answers. It's been talked about many times before.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:00 AM

Cool sorry about that Jon I thought my post went mia when my computer crashed that day. But do you think id be able to slap some tein h-tech's with out rubbing? And i did find a site that offers the c/f set but would u suggest the highs or lows? Evasive Motorsports
Old 02-01-2011, 03:22 AM

dude u can just remove the rim and that extra bolt that is sticking out u can grind down u wont hurt nothing, im a mechanic trust me, if u got and questions let me know