Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Wheel & Tire (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-wheel-tire-1646/)
-   -   Potenza Woes... (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-wheel-tire-1646/potenza-woes-71665/)

3min3m2 08-30-2006 11:56 PM

well, as of thursday i'll have 4 nitto neogens 215/45/ZR17. i think i'll be much happier

3min3m2 09-01-2006 02:51 AM

Neo Gens rock for the rain at least...its bene pouring for like 6 hours straight, so i wont get to test them out on the dry road, but i like these a lot lot more then the stockies so far...its hard to make the car break loose, even from a stand still(in the rain!!!)

Z0RACK 09-02-2006 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by 3min3m2

Originally Posted by Zebman
Where about in WV were you driving? I live in the city so the roads are pretty smooth (minus my girlfriend's neighborhood out in the boonies, haha), but I know that roads can get pretty bad in more rural areas.

By the way, where you going to college? WVU or Marshall perhaps?

I was on route 62 between eleanor and Nitro, and on I-64(i go to Tech btw)

yeah sorry for that typo-i was on my laptop, its 8600, not 86k lol...i would expect hydroing at 86k

i was tihnking about the nitto 555 or neo gens for a change, expecially after coming down an off ramp sideways at like 35 MPH...didnt like that at all.......any opinions??

BFG is the only way to go.

This is more all-weather
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rce+T%2FA+KDWS

This is strictly for summer and wet weather driving.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ce+T%2FA+KDW+2

Sal803 09-10-2006 07:46 AM

dude same thing happend to me..the road takes a slight turn and it felt like my tires were on ice..i ended up hitting the car next to me

3min3m2 09-10-2006 03:08 PM

i was lucky....i was on a single lane road, no cars in front of or behind me, so i was kind of able to "drift" around the turn, got lucky as the front tire hit some gravel, it worked the suspension(kinda ike hitting a small curb) which let the car grip for a second, and controlled the slide.

not fun either way.... but i dont have that problem now, new tires and sway...helps a lot

how much damage did u get from hitting the other car??

Sal803 09-10-2006 06:08 PM

ehh i cracked one of my mirror covers and i still have like a semi circle scrape from his rim on the lower part of my bumper..luckily thats all

KoolBox 09-10-2006 06:36 PM

Well i dont know what series of potenza yuor are taking about but i have RE 750 potenza and let me tell you, every time i buy other brand i come back to potenzas cause they are the best tires.not to mention that i drive about 180mls. to 250mls a day and living in florida THE SUN SHINE STATE but rains like crazy trust me,They are the best.your friend KOOLBOX.of North Palm Beach.

Sal803 09-10-2006 06:50 PM

i heard that the potenzas are great on dry pavement and really grip the road but in the rain its a diff issue

engifineer 09-10-2006 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by osvaldomelendez
Well i dont know what series of potenza yuor are taking about but i have RE 750 potenza and let me tell you, every time i buy other brand i come back to potenzas cause they are the best tires.not to mention that i drive about 180mls. to 250mls a day and living in florida THE SUN SHINE STATE but rains like crazy trust me,They are the best.your friend KOOLBOX.of North Palm Beach.

I bought potenzas for my other car before I got the tC (the other is now my winter car) and thought they were marginal at best, and not even marginal for the price. I then got the tC with the potenzas and they are absolutely not worth the money. I say they are ok at best. If you know how to drive, there are much worse tires out there.. but there are a million better. If they were $60 tire I would say they were fine, but they list for $176 on tirerack and more at some places. I replaced mine with $103 Avons that are in a totally different class.. a million times better.

Yoarashi 09-11-2006 10:51 PM

The stock potenza's are horrible. Look them up on tire rack, they scored horribly. Replace them with some all seasons from edge racing and your car will feel like a completely different machine.

Some Potenza's = good
Stock Tc Potenza's = the worst stock tire i have ever experienced

Yoarashi 09-11-2006 10:54 PM

guys dont get hung up on the name. Potenza makes some great tires and some ____ tires. Think of any top brand you want from any industry. They all make good and bad products. So SOME models of potenzas are great, the stock Tc potenzas are the worst tires ive ever owned. Replace them before you get in an accident.

eLpReSiDeNtE 09-11-2006 11:37 PM

potenzas suk major a$$$$......i had to change my two front tires the minute i bought my car in the winter.....i couldnt pull out of 2 inches of snow!!!

TongMan 09-13-2006 09:30 PM

Anybody have experience with the Falken FK-542 series of tires? Are they all-season or just racing tires? Also I heard a lot about the Nitto NeoGen tires, are they good tires too?

3min3m2 09-13-2006 10:23 PM

i have the neo-gens now they are great in the rain, better then stock on the dry, haven't tried the track yet, because i want them to last a while, but so far they great tires overall