Notices

Question about a flat

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Question about a flat

Hey all I got a flat recently, and unfortunately drove a few miles on it before I realized its condition. I changed over to the spare (donut) when I got home, and went to Discount Tire to get the flat fixed (they do it for free). After dismounting the tire, they said there was too much sidewall damage so they couldn't repair it. They let me see the tire, and it looks to me like its only superficial damage (the inside of the tire, where the sidewall meets the tread area). The inside looks scuffed. So they suggested some alternatives, because they don't have any potenza's in stock. Even if they did, it would be $195 + installation/tax.

So would I have better luck going somewhere that doesn't sell tires? Unfortunately, tomorrow is Sunday and most places are closed until WEDNESDAY.

Like I said, the damage does not look bad, just some scuffing on the inside of the tire. I might be able to get a picture if that would help.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

same thing happened to me about a month ago. I got a flat, drove about .5 mile to put air, put another 2 miles to the tire shop and the tire was balling up everywhere. I was in need of some new tires anyway and went with Kumho's. I love them! If you have the money, i would replace all 4 is possible. Check out discount tire direct and find some tires if you want. Print it out and take it to your local discount tire store. They price match.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...pager.offset=0