Notices

quit griping about the BRIDGESTONES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they could have given us falken rt-615's for the same price but then again i dont think any cars come stock with falkens plus the tread life isnt to great from what i heared

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...06&rd=17&ar=45

but im still going to order some
Old 01-11-2006, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im getting the falken RT-615 too...cant wait for my wheels to get here!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator
im getting the falken RT-615 too...cant wait for my wheels to get here!
just got my wheels today there in my living room waiting for me to go home and open them so tires come at the end of this month for now ill swaping my current pos tires to them just so i dont have chipped paint any more lol dont paint your rims
Old 01-11-2006, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: quit griping about the BRIDGESTONES!!!

Originally Posted by dsilverstreak
it's crazy, everybody runs down the bridgestones.....if the car came with yokos, then everyone would be saying......man, you've got to switch to bridgestones......get real!! the potenza is a $130 dollar tire, at least! they have potenzas on acuras.........you can't seriously think that bridgestones are that bad. ANY TIRE WILL LOSE GRIP IF THE SITUATION IS RIGHT. Read more and you'll find that tires of all makes and models are prone to this. People with $200 BF Goodrichs have gone through similar circumstances. quit blaming everything on the tires!!!! I feel like freakin' Napoleon Dynamite here......just want to stand up and say GOSH!!! enough already.
im sorry but you have no idea what you are standing up for.

the re92's are a very well known tire for ALL manufacturers. just because its equiped on there car doesnt not mean they are good. they are only sufficient for daily driving.

and you used the example of ACURA using these tires, SUBARU uses them too. and everyone on NASIOC knows these tires suck.

true, if u push them to the limit they will slip. and everyone is complaining that the LIMIT... is very LOW.

and this tire is WAY overpriced but then again, bridgestone is always overpriced
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Manufacturers get them cheap though!

So I heard.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member

i actually read somewhere that the re-92's were made for the is300's. don't quote me on that though because i don't even know if the source is accurate or not. so why are so many people complaining about 'em if they were made for a "sports" car? idk.. regardless, from experience.. these are the worst tires i have ever had on 4 different cars that i've owned so far. i guess i was pushing them too hard or maybe they just suck, but again from experience with the other tires i've had before.. this is definitely the worst one.. i'm on pirelli pzero nero m&s's now and i am very satisified, especially for the price..
Old 01-12-2006, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand the agitation. I get p/oed 30-50% of the time I visit these boards... many times I was about to post a great lengthy rant (or counter-rant, mind you) but then I think, "hey what the heck, that's how people get some time."

But I must say the tires are pretty bad for their price, there are better tires for less money and yet we get slapped with these. Around 2k miles and I nearly spun out on the freeway after a reckless driver forgot to check his/her blindspot and forced me out of my lane (I'm bad with honking the horn when I need to... I always slip and accidently honk it every once in a while but never when some idiot driver is about to hit me ).
Old 01-13-2006, 09:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I think dealers/Toyco gets them for cheap-- one of my local dealers quoted me $100/tire. I had to call them back several times and recheck just to make sure I heard it right. Hmmmmm go figure, eh?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bridgestone cuts the dealer a big deal on the tires which is why they come on so many cars. Then the unknowing average customer continues to buy Bridgestone at the high price because that's what came with their car.

Forget that! I can't wait to get rid of these tires! They came stock on my mazda protege as well and i would hydroplane all the time. i switched to a $100 japanese tire and no more problems!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pretty much any OEM tire on a new car - especially a sub 20K car - is going to suck. The RE92s are no exception, and neither are the Yoko S32As that came on mine. As kungpaosamuraiii said, manufacturers get them cheap, and they get you off the lot. As long as the tires don't throw you off the road (with apologies to BangorXB), they are fine for most people.

Look at it this way: pound on them, and then get yourself some real rubber that much sooner.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Yeah, I don't get the big deal here - once they wear out, replace them with something better/cooler.
Lots of killer tires on the market today - expensive, but everything is.
I love the ones WDS has...

Scott
Old 03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

instead of people saying how bad these are - i think we need to get a list together and find out what IS the best choice when its time to change the tires
Old 03-12-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that has already been done on tirerack.com[/list]
Old 03-13-2006, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yea but most of them arent low profile - u throw just "what fits" on the car - its gonna look horrible. The people want to know what looks good, low profile, performs well, and is priced fairly.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh bull____, i've seen some damn good tires that all look good.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by lyrictenor1
Yeah I think dealers/Toyco gets them for cheap-- one of my local dealers quoted me $100/tire. I had to call them back several times and recheck just to make sure I heard it right. Hmmmmm go figure, eh?
the $100 Potenza's from the dealership are "Take off" tires...ie. they were taken off the cars when people want to upgrade to the 18" Enkei's..so theres a ton of these bridgestones sittin around and the dealers decided to cut us a brake..or at least, thats what i was told.. I've already had to buy 3 OEM tires from the dealer (the last two were both "take offs"

Bottom Line: Are the Potenza RE92's HOrrible? NO. Are they good tires? No. I'd say they're average at best. As someone already pointed out, Toyco obviously has a contract with Bridgestone-who realized that the tc was going to be a hot selling car..so they gave toyota a great deal on a whole bunch of AVerage tires..and WE, the owners pay the price. Is it a coincidence that the 2006's now use Yoko's? I think not.

All i know is, the tires don't have the best traction, do have decent tread life. But i've had many Tire pressure issues..blown two tires on potholes and am just going to give something else a try. Probably Falken Kumho Hankook Pirelli etc...
Old 03-13-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I strongly dislike these tires.

Yes... I've autox'd them about 3 or 4 times... and they suck for that too - of course. They aren't a "performance" tire. They're just a general "all-season-will-get-you-by-in-the-snow-rain-and-stuff" kind of a tire.

BUT... the biggest argument is the price. If even TireRack wants $170 a tire, and their performance isn't even "good" ... then I want to know why we don't have a different tire.

Yes, the manufacturer gets a discount and all that... doesn't matter. They'd have a discount with ANYONE they get tires from. That's an invalid point. They could be putting PZero Nero's on everything and have more of a discount than they do with the 18"s. But they just don't.

I have a stack of KDW2s just waiting to be mounted in a week or two. And I'll be SOOOO much happier when I get them on.

Potenzas: $170 x 4 = $680
KDW2s: $125 x 4 = $500

I win.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Performance parts for my car are: k&n intake, draxas spipe back, and short shifter. If I really need to get moving fast I get no traction. I know how to drive my car but even when i shift nice I sometimes spin the tires a tad. Im not a big fan of the tires but so far the wear isnt bad at all. For around $130-160 ....whats a better tire to get?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Here are the High Performance All Seasons ratings...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=HPAS

And here are the Ultra High Performance All Seasons:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...jsp?type=UHPAS

For $103, the Avon 550's are a serious deal. There are others cheaper (and many are more expensive) but none are better.
Don't knock 'em till you try 'em
Old 03-14-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

BTW, You'll notice that the BS RE92's are damn near the worst tires listed...

Get ANYTHING else and it's an UPGRADE!!

Quick Reply: quit griping about the BRIDGESTONES!!!