Notices

RS 2.0 Rims stolen today

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:17 AM
sgx
5 Year Member

Default RS 2.0 Rims stolen today

Between 3 am and 7 am some _______s managed to get my wheels off the car and made off with them. Roomate woke me up this morning saying, "Uh, you had wheels on your car last night, right?" ____.

At least they put my car up on cinder blocks and doesn't seem to be any damage.

Lame thing is, my room is maybe 30 feet away from where my car is parked and I didn't hear anything.

Insurance is paying to replace everything and tC stock wheels are expensive as ____, so I'm trying to upgrade to something non Toyota. I'll probably end up making a few dollars plus getting some hotter rims. Anoyone have suggestions for the blue blitz RS 2.0 color? I wasn't actually thinking of replacing my rims until now so I'm a bit un-prepared. I need to choose some rims today (sunday) so the shop can order them and install quickly. Input would be great. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sry this shi* need to happen to you!!on your next set of rims maybe you should consider wheel locks.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i have to say is get that thing on jack stands, dont trust those cinderblocks, especially if they are not on correctly.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ahh that sucks man
Old 07-22-2007, 07:29 AM
SL Member

best of luck finding your rims.. fukc thieves
Old 07-22-2007, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks big time! Sorry to hear that.

Suggesting rims is kind of hard without knowing your budget and the rim size you're looking for.
But, here's one that I really like and have suggested to many others...

5Zigen Sport Engines in Hyper Black. Get them in 18s with a +35 offset and you're tC will look cherry.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5zigen is a great brand, i would highly recommend them myself.

I personally LOVE the 5zigen FN01R-c, hence why i bought them.

color is all up to you, i personally chose matte black.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:38 AM
sgx
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mcheng08
sry this shi* need to happen to you!!on your next set of rims maybe you should consider wheel locks.
yeah....when i bought the car a bit over a year ago I lived with my 'rents in a wealthy-ish part of MD....suburbs, etc. Did not think I would need much security. Recently moved closer to D.C. (College Park, MD is pretty much and _______ except for UMD Campus). Guess I got screwed on that. There's a light blue tC around the corner. Wonder if I should knock on the door and let them know that people in the area are salivating at their stock rims...

I hope the cinder blocks do not damage the car...should I be worried about that? I should have wheels again monday or tuesday. I'll have them check for damage.

I found a shop with rims about 1/2 mile away from where my car is currently. The closest dealership is about 7 miles away. The dealer would have to tow my car. The shop will probably come over and just put on the wheels.

How do you tow a car with no wheels anyway? I guess they would put on temp wheels or something.

RIMS: Budget is around what insurance would pay to replace 17 in stock rims and tires. Stores told me roughly $440 per rim plus $200 for tires. = $660 X 4. However insurance costs are less than retail, so lets put it at $2k roughly. (This is rims AND tires)

So, I need to think about how my car looks....I wasn't always so hot on the 'special' grills in the front (silver/white ish without the scion emblem), but they matched my wheel color, so it was ok. Now, I"m not going to have those white/silver rims, so maybe I can go dark and get some gunmetal rims and try and buy somebody's stock (non-RS) grills) to drop on my car. (my car was stock to begin with). While they are working on it, I've been meaning to get a tint-job on my windows too.

I'm not sure how the dark and gun-metal will look on my happy, bright-blue car though. Maybe I should stick with the light colors as accents? Man this is tough.

I saw pics of somebody's RS 2.0 with YELLOW wheels. I thought that was pretty hot though maybe a bit flashy. Man I'm just rambling a bit now (been a long day + party and some drinks)

I'm not into that SUPER CHROME look that I see on a lot of SUV's in the area - my car doesn't need to look super-fancy, just slick and stylish.

I dunno. Going to do heavy web research in the AM and try to pick something out.

Thanks for any input.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would assume you would need 4 donunts, you already have 1, so you need 3 more, which the towing company MAY lend you, if they have any.

also, where are the cinderblocks placed? i cant really tell, if they are not on the jacking points then it may be a problem, from a couple of the pics it looks like they are on the axles, and that is a big no no.. just go buy some stands from autozone or something, they are like 20 bux a pair for the ____ty ones, but at least they will get the job done.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

man that SUCKS!! hopefully everything works out!!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that really blows, sorry to hear about your luck...but I agree with tC9o9....get it up and on some stands atleast in the meantime...you would hate to have the city come by and tow it for being a suspected abondoned vehicle...

those 5zigen's are hot though....if you wanted color, there are a few people on the forums that can do powdercoat work...

hope it all works out well for you in the end.....
Old 07-22-2007, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by bBlover
man that SUCKS!! hopefully everything works out!!
indeed.

wheel locks would definitely be a good investment for the new wheels especially now after this experience.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whoa, they left a calling card on that cinder block. Does the local police know anyone that uses that tag?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well if you have around 2k to cover new ones that will go along way to get new ones..........

I have been pricing them and found a nice set rims and some sticky tires installed for $1700......that will leave you with $300 for wheel locks.

People who steal will eventually have to pay back all the bad Karma they make...........

Go get some stands.........bricks are bad.

they tagged the block also........did the cops note that on the report.......
Old 07-22-2007, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is messed up. 99.9% chance...its someone you know... or that you've seen before. Because obviously they've seen you...and seen you enough to know where you live.

Some of us Scion owners can be a little cocky for having the hottest car out there... (we're ALL guilty at some point) haha.

but yea...thats messed up. The thought of doing this has crossed my mind...but I could never do that to another Scion owner. NEVER!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

That's messed up. Doesn't matter what kind of neighborhood you stay in. Thieves are willing to travel. I too live in a wealthy-ish type of neighborhood and a chick a few houses down had her 22's taken off of her Charger and they too left it on blocks.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Same thing happen to my friend...he had stock wheels and they stole them..but they didnt put it on cinder blocks...left it straight up on the ground
Old 07-22-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone needs to create some curb rash overlays, who would steal them then
Old 07-23-2007, 01:19 AM
sgx
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Well if you have around 2k to cover new ones that will go along way to get new ones..........

I have been pricing them and found a nice set rims and some sticky tires installed for $1700......that will leave you with $300 for wheel locks.

People who steal will eventually have to pay back all the bad Karma they make...........

Go get some stands.........bricks are bad.

they tagged the block also........did the cops note that on the report.......
Yeah, I mentioned the tag to the police officer who came by but it was really obvious he didn't give a ____...he was just there to file the report.

I manage a website (www.officer.com) for police officers, so there are actually some ex-cops in the office where I work. I'm going to mention it to them and see if they have any advice or hook ups with current police officers that could do more. I don't see much that can be done to track the perps down though.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wheel locks people... wheel locks

Quick Reply: RS 2.0 Rims stolen today