Notices

tcpetes BBS restoration DONE! TEASER PICS 6/10

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pete do you have any kind of hook-up on wheels lke how you recieved yours?? that need a little TLC??
Old 09-07-2009, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by TCpete
purple LMs look ___... check back a few pages on here.. i posted a guy with a white car and purple LMs... looks tacky..

Gee, thanks for the kind words guy.

I have been thinking lately about reverse mounting my centers so Google led me here. While I do appreciate the write-up on the polishing I think you pass judgment too quickly, especially based on that picture. If anything it just shows my n00bness with a camera. It was way too bright out when I took that so in the original picture the wheels were underexposed, they were corrected in PS which took away all of the depth of the color.

This one is a much better representation of the color and would have been a decent shot if my big head's shadow hadn't been in it.

Name:  newcar646.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  113.9 KB
Old 09-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

whatever your doing...your doing it wrong!

lol slam it more, btw what car is that?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Wastegate13
Gee, thanks for the kind words guy.

I have been thinking lately about reverse mounting my centers so Google led me here. While I do appreciate the write-up on the polishing I think you pass judgment too quickly, especially based on that picture. If anything it just shows my n00bness with a camera. It was way too bright out when I took that so in the original picture the wheels were underexposed, they were corrected in PS which took away all of the depth of the color.

This one is a much better representation of the color and would have been a decent shot if my big head's shadow hadn't been in it.

and you sir have one of the sandiest vaginas i have ever met in the face of the internet....

not only do i think its funny you posted on here because "i personally" didnt like the purple you chose or how it looks.. but defending it and coming up with a "bad lighting" excuse to defend it also it kinda ehhh weksos to me...

no offense man but that purple is just not very impressive to me.. it looks almost black in almost every angle BUT direct sunlight + anything darker then dusk interms of lighting will also make it look black.. maybe if you had chosen a better shade of purple or candy purple then MAYBE i would like it ... but personally i think it gets lost along with every other dark colored wheel with a polished lip...

a better example would be the TEAL LMs that have been floating on hondatech the past few months on various s2ks or some green, red, LMs that have been floating around on vwvortex or even the baby blue LMs on wheel ******...

sorry that "I" do not like what you did with your wheels... i thought its was nice for minute but sorry the shade of purple just doesnt do it for me or have enough wow factor.. it just makes it look like any anyther dark painted center wheel with a polished lip... and for that i'd rather just keep the original gold from BBS which looks nicer and has a better wow factor.

wheels shouldnt need photoshop to make them look good.. they should look good on their own...
Old 09-07-2009, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, yo.. I hate it when vaginas get sandy. It hurts me too.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG ROB YOUR ALIVEEEEEE lol... sup man how ya been!!
Old 09-07-2009, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bro.. lots to talk about..

A spring popped out from my CC Stage 4 6-puck.. just like yours! The throw-out bearing looked fine - but I replaced it with an OEM anyways. My replacement disc was from Broward Clutches - some 4-puck sprung but I'm unsure of the brand. Olympic Motorsports swore it is going to hold just fine.. so we'll see.

Also, I have a motor build in the works.. ;)
Old 09-07-2009, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OOOF not a shocker man withe CC clutch... my new one is holding up fine but im having issues with the MC and slave now im trying to fix. probably the last time i will ever use CC for clutches.. clutch house in broward is great man they do great work!!

and fill me in the build when u can!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:06 PM

and you sir have one of the sandiest vaginas i have ever met in the face of the internet....

not only do i think its funny you posted on here because "i personally" didnt like the purple you chose or how it looks.. but defending it and coming up with a "bad lighting" excuse to defend it also it kinda ehhh weksos to me...

no offense man but that purple is just not very impressive to me.. it looks almost black in almost every angle BUT direct sunlight + anything darker then dusk interms of lighting will also make it look black.. maybe if you had chosen a better shade of purple or candy purple then MAYBE i would like it ... but personally i think it gets lost along with every other dark colored wheel with a polished lip...

a better example would be the TEAL LMs that have been floating on hondatech the past few months on various s2ks or some green, red, LMs that have been floating around on vwvortex or even the baby blue LMs on wheel ******...

sorry that "I" do not like what you did with your wheels... i thought its was nice for minute but sorry the shade of purple just doesnt do it for me or have enough wow factor.. it just makes it look like any anyther dark painted center wheel with a polished lip... and for that i'd rather just keep the original gold from BBS which looks nicer and has a better wow factor.

wheels shouldnt need photoshop to make them look good.. they should look good on their own...
The original pic you posted was photoshopped, the above is untouched.

My wheels were is pretty sad shape when I got them so I didn't feel bad about replacing the BBS gold that was pitted and had areas of clear peeling.

You're entitled to your opinion and I didn't come here to pick a fight but you are basing judgment on one picture that does not even come close to representing the color in real life. I had many of the same comments on the Mazda boards until a few members saw them in person and quickly changed their minds.

So good job on the restoration, I will be using your tips when I have the time to take mine apart again.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  IMG_1928copy.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  53.4 KB
Name:  rollin2.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  36.8 KB
Name:  rollin1.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  41.9 KB

mega photoshoot this weekend so ill finally have some updated pics for this thread... yay!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yay Pete! I wish I'd be around this weekend.. will be in the keys.

Car's looking good as always
Old 04-08-2010, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

please reply to me as soon as you can i got a offer for you email me to johnnyv1007@GMAIL.COM
Old 04-09-2010, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JOHNNYZX10R
please reply to me as soon as you can i got a offer for you email me to johnnyv1007@GMAIL.COM
whats your offer??? lol just PM me is it the same offer? lol
Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

whats your offer??? lol just PM me is it the same offer? lol
Old 04-09-2010, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yayayayayayaaaaaaa hahahaah trolololooooloooo /thrad!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Nice, TCpete you have any shots of them not being in motion ? lol
Old 04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Wastegate13
The original pic you posted was photoshopped, the above is untouched.

My wheels were is pretty sad shape when I got them so I didn't feel bad about replacing the BBS gold that was pitted and had areas of clear peeling.

You're entitled to your opinion and I didn't come here to pick a fight but you are basing judgment on one picture that does not even come close to representing the color in real life. I had many of the same comments on the Mazda boards until a few members saw them in person and quickly changed their minds.

So good job on the restoration, I will be using your tips when I have the time to take mine apart again.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Nice, TCpete you have any shots of them not being in motion ? lol
Name:  downsize-2.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB
Name:  downsize-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  42.6 KB
Name:  downsize.jpg
Size:  31.4 KB
Name:  DSC06146.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  66.5 KB
Name:  tcpete371LM.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  59.5 KB
Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pETE i dont know why you didnt like the lug nuts color. I think it look even better like this .
Old 04-12-2010, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it looked wak as fuuu for me... gold,teal,silver, black... might as well have some chongas on my hood with large hoop earings sitting next to my car pictured by a strip clubs and box chevys with all that tastelesness

Quick Reply: tcpetes BBS restoration DONE! TEASER PICS 6/10