Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

2014 Scion tC Fog Lights???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zerosky
also how hard was it to install them? my friend's wrx was a pain but my integra was easy minus having to cut the area out for the fogs.
I'd say it took them 2 hours to install the OEM foglight assemblies and switch. The rest of the time was them trying to figure out the relay for DRL, which they didn't get to work. I don't know anything else about it but the dealer says I'll receive paperwork for it in the mail.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh it'll work, just need to know your way around how to do it. I know a guy that could do it and does a great job on whatever he does. I want to get the fogs so bad but want to hold off till I get my taxes or if my pay check is good enough haha. Congrats on them though, the fronts look more clean to me with the fogs there.

Sent from JARVIS
Old 02-06-2014, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by destruk
Foglights are installed now - just a minor qualm is when the headlights are turned off, you hear the relay for the foglights click off - even if the foglights weren't on. The dealer couldn't get the canadian daytime running lights relay to work - they tried to install it but it wasn't going to work on this car for some reason, so I'll need to add those aftermarket from carid.

If you get foglights installed into your 2014 tc I'd be interested to know if the click is normal when the foglights are off, when you turn off the headlights. The dealer didn't know if it was normal as this is the first time they've done the install on this vehicle.
thats normal, did the same thing for the fogs going from 2011-2013, nothing to worry about
Old 02-06-2014, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by destruk
http://www.villagescionparts.com/pro...264247020.html

I was hoping that would work on a 2014 Scion TC, but the dealer tried for a couple hours and said it doesn't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp

basically, when the key is switched to ACC or when the vehicle is moving forward, the daytime running lamps turn on, when the key is turned to off or lock the daytime running lamps turn off. And when you turn on the headlights, the DRL is also turned off. It's required by law in Canada and some parts of Europe (if not all of Europe) on newer vehicles and would save me $6/month on insurance if I had daytime running lamps.

http://www.carid.com/universal-headl...-10791029.html
carid.com also has daytime running lamps which fit any vehicle, but the dealer didn't want to cut new holes in the bumper or headlight assemblies to install them, so I'll just live without the DRL.

My last car (2002 Pontiac Grand Am) had them, so I wanted them on the new car, but it's all right - maybe I'll add them sometime in the future, just not this week.
ahhh ok got it. I was thinking of asking my dealership if they could just program the car so that by turning the lights one click (sorry I don't know what that is called) the accent lights (vertical ones) would go on but nothing in the cabin would as well as the rear lights. Is this even possible?
Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't see a setting for that in the manual. But the dealer connected their laptop to the car and disabled the 'door open' warning buzzer and changed the remote key to unlock both doors with one button press for me.