Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Exterior / Interior upkeep

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 AM

Default Exterior / Interior upkeep

I've had my TC2 for about 6 months now and the car is officially broken in... about 9,000 miles. I'm noticing a lot of dulling of the inside of the car, especially on the door panels and the plastic bits.

What is everybody using to clean the inside cabin of their TC2? I went to the dealership for my 5k mile service and the service manager had no suggestions...

What about the exterior? Before this car I had a 92 honda prelude with a horribly faded paint job so I never bothered waxing before, how many of you guys are waxing regularly and what are you using? Any suggestions on products to keep the rims shiny new? Thanks guys!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

exterior, meguiars products
interior, water + microfiber cloth
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM

You'll be very happy with the shine you get from the plastic parts if you use Armor All. Did mine in mid September and it still looks very clean.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Use murphys oil soap with warm water. Makes it look new again. Invisible glass is the best glass cleaner (tint safe too). Exterior everyone has their preference, but the three companies I buy products from are professional detailing products(PDP), auto magic, and griot's garage. Griots is pretty pricey, but worth every penny and by far the best products I have ever used.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member

I Armor All my interior panels with a microfiber cloth and vacuum my interior at least once a week. I dont usually have passangers and I never eat in my car and only drink water. Yes I'm an **** ***** when it comes to my car but in my book, I want it to look just as it did when I bought it off the show room floor. As for the exterior, during the warmer months I try and wash it every other week or so. But now during the winter maybe once a month I'll hose it down to get the salt off. Armor All makes a good car washing solution too thats worth checking out.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will say this once stay far far away from armor all shiny stuff is not good for your dash this is the easiest way to ruin your car.

i used to do warm water and murphys oil soap on my integras but now i just get the megiuars gold class interior wipes. the interior panels on this car dont seem to be great quality but for the price of the car good enough

as far as exterior i us megiuars nxt products or the carbanua wash. if you wanna buy some nice stuff check out autopia some good products im going to be opti coating the tc soon im excited about that.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes! ODUS is right! Armor all is NOT good for your car...although it makes it shiny and clean it actually damages and when the sun hits it, it penetrates through making the dash crack or fade after a while...plus if you plan on painting anythin in the interior the armor all will not let the paint stick so be careful with that stuff guys plz

Megiuars has very good products for our car inside and out =)
Old 02-20-2013, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have the time and the money, this should be the way to go on the exterior of the car!