Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Help with defective OEM style fog light harness please

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help with defective OEM style fog light harness please

I bought an OEM (replica) style OEM factory fog light kit from a discounter (can't remember exactly where) and installed for my '13 tC.

The passenger side fog light stopped working about 6 months ago and after swapping bulbs and the driver side assembly I determined the wiring harness was bad on the passenger side.

So I found out the OEM style kit (plugs into single connection on the factory wiring harness with a round type connector) was manufactured by Kramer Amercia.

I contacted them and they searched high and low for replacement parts but ultimately told me that those kits were discontinued and could not give me any replacement parts.

They then provided a kit from K2Motor but upon receiving the kit, the wiring kit is in no-way similar to the other Kramer kit and has many more connections and components on it. I believe this kit does not connect to the stock factory connector/harness.

Attached (first pic) is the pic of the OEM fog light harness connection under the hood (round connector). Other 2 pics are from the new harness from K2 with all kinds of different leads and completely different. It also did not come with instuctions from K2 and they told me there are none and that I should have the kit "professionally installed." Yeah OK not doing that!

In one of the pics from K2 shows the harness wiring diagram and you can see that the wiring harness goes through firewall into the cabin where the battery, relay switch, accessory and battery can be connected (inside the cabin). This sort of proves my theory that I just can't use this harness to replace my defective OEM style harness as it connects and operates differently?

The last pics shows the type of OEM harness I have: Only 3 connections under the hood: 1 power connector (round) to connect to factory wiring and 2 connections to the actual fog light housing.

Does anyone know where I can obtain the factory type wiring harness/piece at a decent price?
Attached Thumbnails Help with defective OEM style fog light harness please-scion-fog-light-connector-oem-wiring-harness-factory-.jpg   Help with defective OEM style fog light harness please-scion-fog-light-pic_replacement-set-k2motor.jpg   Help with defective OEM style fog light harness please-scion-fog-light-connections-replacement-k2motor-kit_no-round-connector.jpg   Help with defective OEM style fog light harness please-scion-fog-light-diagram-k2motor-harness.jpg   Help with defective OEM style fog light harness please-oem-style-factory-fog-light-harness_-3-connectors_1-power_2-fog-light-connections.jpg  

Last edited by pro710; 01-23-2018 at 10:40 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 02-05-2018, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

noone out there with the factory style (OEM) fog light kits?
Old 02-07-2018, 04:55 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by pro710
noone out there with the factory style (OEM) fog light kits?

AFAIK, the wiring harness is part of the OEM Fog Light Kit.
You can Check with your local Toyota Dealer to see if they have the wiring harness separately.

Here is the Official OEM Fog Lights Install Kit Instructions:

http://toyotaparts.sparkstoyota.com/...-21110inst.pdf

Hope this helps,

MR_LUV